News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Oh, that is a shame having error problems when you have come so far with the map. The must be very frustrating. I was hoping you had solved the problem.  Your goal is quite a massive undertaking, CC alone has many buildings. 

Those last 2 screenshots are really nice, the snowy one especially.  I wish you success.  :)

pappa

Keep up the work brads very hard goal to complete. The map and village look great

Abandoned

@brads3 I have been looking back through thread and wondering if you are using the Mini Buildings mod.  Isn't there a problem with town hall and trading posts because of 107 new flags?.  I had problems on a test map with it.  I am wondering if you are using the mod and if so, if that may not be the cause of your problem?

brads3

i haven't noticed a problem with the mini TH. i do use CC compatability 1.07 mod. on the production chart there is numbers that do total for the new items but they are not tagged.they do list fine on the graph and inventoruy though. what problem did you have?
    as for older mods and the new limit flags, most mods function fine. the issue is really storage. i am glad EB made several storage options and NECORA's mods help as well.without those the thatch will fill the work piles and stop construction.most mods don't use the new flags anyhow unless you use CC. there is the thatch and a few others.RED's fodder comes with its own storage barn.

Abandoned

I had several crashing when testing on North map, I knew it was mini building mod because it crashed as soon as I built the mini trading post.

brads3

did you have RED trader fix mod enabled?that was suppose to solve those issues. if so then i would wonder if it was due to the iron ore difference and try the comaptability 1.07.

Abandoned

I don't recall if I had Red's Tp Fix or not.  I see on the mega mod list that mini buildings is included so the compatibility mod maybe what I need now before I have a problem.  I am starting a map using Necora's Pine Forest and I am thinking that it uses the new flags.  I am still in the process of choosing mods, I will add compatibility to the list.  Thanks Brad  :)

brads3

TOWNS REVIEW

mod adjustments:total overhaul,cleared registry.took all mods out and and put mods back in several at a time.
nat div dropped back to original version,added smoke shop, EB's wharehouse and natural irrigation,KID's harmonized plymouth set and houseboats.

goal was to build at least 1 of everything including "f" variants in the toolbar from all mods.only exception is to be the CC orchards that do not work.

starts with 13 bannies on a CC very large map.

nomad arrivals:in yr 4,2 indians,yr  2 more,yr 15 8 settlers,yr 19 add 14 settlers,yr 22,22 more,yr 28,28 nmads arrive,20 in year 33,29 in yr 37,33 in yr 41,yr 45 add 23,38 added in yr 53. by year 60 with education near 50%,this town stopped accepting nomads.there will be heavey trading to keep up on food.about 140 nomads in under 60 years.

this was a huge undertaking.there is a ton of building and expanding.it was a good map to showcase the many different mods with.tons of pics added to give other players a chance to see something different or a mod set they may not have known about.saly there was an error that stopped the map from being finished.i don't think it is game related as much as computer issues.by year 100, there are over 1600 bannies in 400+houses.90% educated but over 300 laborers.
      the map is saved but stopped at year 152.the bannies were trying to finish building the rowhouse sets and all the churches were layed out but paused.there was still a zoo,huge park,and several castles yet to be done.a couple mills,many CC higher grade houses,and markets were left as well.i would say 90% of all the mods in the toolbox were completely built except the churches. over 1700 bannies,almost 550 houses,100% educated.trading is taking in over 30,000 food itself.

i have thought of using the debug just to finish this map off.i did talk to my computer guy before the holidays and he has retired.i do have about 5 saves to try to recover this map from.i was sick for 2wks since before my birthday to the new year.doc has since adjusted my meds and i am feeling better.finally yesterday took the girl-friend out to have christmas with her family before the sub-zero temps return.not trying to complain. just explaining why i am behind. i did want to get though these summaries before the new year.i don't like starting years this far behind.

mod conflict with duck hunter.probably due to KID's workplace mod. it is a give and take to the mod order. i had it higher in mod order to offset it with the bakery plus mod.that is a slight adjustment. i do have hopes of overhauling the list this year.i think i will hold out and see how RED's new project goes and what CC comes up with for modular sets as well.

since i have some saves from this map,i do want to open a couple and take out some workplace production numbers.this will give a nice list of what the mod workplaces produce each year.might be good ingo for other players and the modders as well.