News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MD - Wood Cottage

Started by Maldrick, January 27, 2018, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Yay!  Your mod is finally here!  Looks good!  I hope you will go on to make more mods!

brads3

i like the stone details to those chimneys. nice job. can i ask stupid questions yet?

Discrepancy

Quote from: Maldrick on January 27, 2018, 04:17:45 PM
From looking at these houses, did you think the AO could be lightened up?  Sometimes they strike me as a bit dark in the shadows.  A couple of the darker ones at least.

You will find once you redo the AO they will be even darker but the shadows will be in the correct places making the models have more definition.
It will be just a case of opening the AO in gimp/photoshop and brighten the image by 20-25%, sometimes I also get a 60-80% opacity white brush and paint over the roof to increase snow.

Hawk

I gotta agree with everyone else here: Very nice job on your first mod.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

@RedKetchup Thank you, RK.  Your help was invaluable and I cannot thank you enough. Very much appreciated.

@Abandoned Your encouragement ages ago got me thinking about giving it a go. Thank you very much. :)

@galensgranny Thank you.  Very fun stuff, this modding business, so we shall see. :)

Glad you like them, @brads3 .  Thank you.  Please do.

Thank you, @Hawk.

@Discrepancy Excellent, thank you.  I'll try that.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Gatherer

Cool looking houses! Keep the mods coming:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

did you consider using thatch as a construction material? will the houses burn thatch and firewood bundles? what do you have planned next?

Kristahfer

Great work @Maldrick , looking forward to your next installment.

carolinafan95

Nicely done Maldrick, great looking first mod. I'll be downloading and trying these out today. Keep at it.  :)

Maldrick

@Gatherer @Kristahfer @carolinafan95

Thanks all. :)  Had a lot of fun with it and looking forward to more.  Hope you enjoy them.  There will be an update shortly.

@brads3

That would be beyond my scope at the moment but something I'd be happy to look at down the line.  I think expanded construction materials is a very cool part of playing with mods.  I've never played with ND and I would want to do that first, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for later, for sure.

I have something in mind for the next thing but want to get into it first before getting into it here.  Still kind of figuring it out as I put the finishing touches on this one and I still need to research a few things.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Maldrick

Update: v1.1

-Fixed AO.  Snow now properly accumulates.  Shadows and textures in general look better.
-Changed the family size to 4
-Changed build cost to 24 wood
-Added preview.jpg

Maldrick

Update: v1.2

-Fixed an internal naming issue that was causing a conflict with other mods.

Maldrick

Update: v1.3

-Fixed an internal naming issue with the footprint files.