News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative plants

Started by Voeille, May 21, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

@Antiligent
Take a look at this thread, the shadow problem is discussed there (page 3 probably).

Antiligent

Quote from: Voeille on June 02, 2018, 09:28:12 AM
@Antiligent
Take a look at this thread, the shadow problem is discussed there (page 3 probably).

Your mod isn't working with the Direct X11. Do you have a plan to fix this problem?

Voeille

I have no idea how. I suppose the problem is related to custom material files, but my changes were minor and I don't know how they could possibly make the mod dependent on the DX version (there wasn't anything explicit about it in the code), but apparently they did. I'd like to fix it but I'm unable to do so.

Antiligent

Quote from: Voeille on June 04, 2018, 02:36:05 AM
I have no idea how. I suppose the problem is related to custom material files, but my changes were minor and I don't know how they could possibly make the mod dependent on the DX version (there wasn't anything explicit about it in the code), but apparently they did. I'd like to fix it but I'm unable to do so.

I wonder how to use this mod with CC? (Which requires DX11 version)

elemental

Quote from: Antiligent on June 04, 2018, 04:18:23 AM
I wonder how to use this mod with CC? (Which requires DX11 version)

CC works fine for me with DX9.

Voeille

I also use CC (and plenty of other mods, I have 80-100 now), all of them with DX9, no problems noticed. Do I miss anything by not using DX11 in Banished? It was there by default and I just left it, I'm just wondering if there's any significant advantage over DX9 in the game.

Tom Sawyer

The significant advantage of DX11 is speed but probably doesn't matter on your machine. :)

RedKetchup

i know you want every pixel perfect.... maybe need to find a median setup between pixel perfect and no bug for nobody :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Voeille

But using standard materials either renders models with holes (foliage) or transform the model completely and it doesn't look like what I made any more (billboard). So it'd basically still look like a bug, just a bit different. I'd fix the shadow bug if I only knew how.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on June 04, 2018, 12:29:40 PM
But using standard materials either renders models with holes (foliage) or transform the model completely and it doesn't look like what I made any more (billboard). So it'd basically still look like a bug, just a bit different. I'd fix the shadow bug if I only knew how.

yeah maybe after that fixed...
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .