Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty-cb

nice looking quarry and thanks for the time you have spent making it      ;D

embx61

Spent a lot of time AO mapping for the quarry.
I started with a little 256x256 AO but still at some parts under the roof was snow and it was lighter then some neighbors.

I finally decided to make a 512x512 AO map and it went a bit better.

So I made a 1024x1024 map and that was almost perfect, but still snow on the top of some of the assembly line posts under the roof  ???

I finally made a 2048x2048 and that went perfect. But a 2048x2048 AO map is madness so i tried something.
I resized the 2048x2048 in PS to 512x512, compiled and run the game.
And the AO was still good :)

I guess 3ds max bakes better on big size maps depending on the mesh unless I miss something else.
Good thing is that resizing after the bake keep the AO as good as with the bigger maps.
So if a AO is not perfect, try bake on a bigger map and just resize after the bake. :)
The rendering takes a bit longer but in my case it was worth the wait.

After the quarry is empied (Or players are sick of it LOL ) it can be transformed into a fishing pool.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_15_07_18_7_09_24.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

yeah there are things are working with % of pixels instead of number of pixels, so if you are resizing.. it is still the same % of pixels no matter if the total is 512 or 1024 or 2048 :)

when i say % ... the U is always from 0.000 to 1.000 from left to right and the V is always from 0.000 to 1.000 from bottom to top. no matter of the total size of pixels it has. that how works a UV map. i've put 3 zeros after the dot because the UV accept up to 3 digits after the dot.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I think some meshes are somewhat complex (Lots of little stuff like the rollers of the assembly lines close together) that baking directly on a small AO is sometimes a miss.
rendering that 2048x2048 took a little while LOL.

But glad that resizing after the bake have no impact on the AO and so can still have small AO maps.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on July 15, 2018, 07:42:30 PM
rendering that 2048x2048 took a little while LOL.

lol yeah i imagine ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tuggistar

Sorry, couldn't leave message about your new building on the weekend. The quarry and the new building looks great and beautiful. And turning a quarry into a fishing place is a good idea. :)

brads3

galensgranny

Quote from: brads3 on July 16, 2018, 12:22:35 PM
i thought it was a swimming pool.
I love it to be a swimming pool!  That's what I will do with it and make a little resort area.  Someone now needs to make ghosted lounge chairs and shade umbrellas!

elemental

And a poolside bar selling pina coladas.

Abandoned

@galensgranny use Kid's Stone House Addon mod, there are lounge chairs on the roofs  :) and stone houses would match pool nicely  :)  No pina coladas but I think there is a wine barrel  :)

embx61

I shall play around with a copy of the mesh to make a pool/resort area.
The fishing idea I "stole" from Tom's The North Mod but a resort area is a very nice idea.
I have to make some ghosted stuff like umbrella's chairs, benches, tables, etc to go with it.

It will delay the release a bit but I am close to releasing the Village Housing mod.
I also will release a new Village Set with the added houses included and a village set with all the houses stripped for a more modular approach.

I made some changes to the toolbars so have to upload newer versions of all the mods I made so load order will not screw up the toolbars.
But till I get there the newest mods above my older mods will work till I have uploaded newer versions of all my mods what will take a bit of time (A few a day till I covered them all)

galensgranny

Quote from: embx61 on July 17, 2018, 06:19:09 AM
I shall play around with a copy of the mesh to make a pool/resort area.
The fishing idea I "stole" from Tom's The North Mod but a resort area is a very nice idea.
I have to make some ghosted stuff like umbrella's chairs, benches, tables, etc to go with it.

It will delay the release a bit but I am close to releasing the Village Housing mod.
I also will release a new Village Set with the added houses included and a village set with all the houses stripped for a more modular approach.

I made some changes to the toolbars so have to upload newer versions of all the mods I made so load order will not screw up the toolbars.
But till I get there the newest mods above my older mods will work till I have uploaded newer versions of all my mods what will take a bit of time (A few a day till I covered them all)
Thanks, Embx, for deciding to make a pool/resort along with ghosted chairs, tables, etc! 

I look forward to the release of all your new stuff!  :)

embx61

Just released a updated version of the EB Village set.
I added the 4x4 houses set to the set and a small toolbar change. (Added a theme button)

I also released a updated version of the 3x4 houses. No changes, only the theme toolbar.

Released the 4x4 housing set in the village theme. Do not use this set together with EB village set as this set is included in the EB Village Set version 17014 and you end up with double toolbar icons. It is also not recommended to use this set together with older EB Village Mods.
I plan to separate more pieces from the village set so players can choose for a more modular approach or get the full set.

I am almost finished separating:
EB Village Service: all the service buildings like Townhall, Chapel, etc.
EB Village Storage: Barn, Traders, Stock piles, etc
EB Food Production: Pasture, Orchard, Gatherer, Hunter, etc.
EB Resources Production: Woodcutter, Forester, Blacksmith. Mine, Tailor, etc.

Continue also to work on the quarry/resort part and Village production set 1 addon.

zak4862

Thanks again for your work and share. Those houses make the look of village - or town much more nice because
of roof color choice.
    Regards   zak4862  8) :)

embx61

Your welcome @zak4862  :)

A little spoiler about the Resort area after the quarry is transformed.
Still more to do by touching up and add some more stuff.
Then have to write the code to make all the pieces ghosted.
Bannies will walk through all the pieces because they will be ghosted and Necora's empty square will not work on a footprint.
It is what it is with ghosted stuff.

Need also do something about the hard edge between the grass area as it is too rigid.
Maybe some very low ghosted separation pieces.

I was thinking to make the bigger building a food only market so besides happiness the resort can act as a little food only market?