News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Orchard Trees

Started by angainor88, October 16, 2018, 05:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angainor88

Hello,

How do I make the orchard trees work? When I try to build it it just says the "rootfig" doesn't work. It doesn't work even if I import/export the original figtree.fbx.

Thanks!

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on October 16, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
Hello,

How do I make the orchard trees work? When I try to build it it just says the "rootfig" doesn't work. It doesn't work even if I import/export the original figtree.fbx.

Thanks!

in the figtreeMesh it is written the name of the object mesh in the fbx. it is the same thing with your house. you write down "mesh" or build01.... thats the name of the mesh you try to load.
for the figtree, the name of the mesh is figtree. but for a tree with cutting down animations, it need to be attached with a gizmo and a root. this is why the name it search is "rootfig". thats the name of the root utility which has a figtree mesh attached to it. go check the figtree.fbx

i dont know how to put its animation, embx dont know, kid dont know... so it is hard to tell you how to put the gizmo+root and do the animation for your orchard tree. if you can do it, tell us how you did.

now, you can still do an orchard tree without animation. in the natural orchard tree file, you need to put bool_animation = false.

and in your file orchardTreeMesh.rsc ... you need to give the proper name you gave in your .fbx in the exact same way you did with your houses "mesh" or "whatever" or "rootfig" as you feel. it is just a name. that name = in your mesh = in your mesh.rsc file under :
String _subObject = "rootfig";

GraphicsMesh resource
{
   String _meshName = "Models\FigTree.fbx";
   int _instanceCount = -1;

DetailLevel _detailLevel
   [
      {
         float _transitionDistance = 10000.0;
         String _subObject = "rootfig"; // --------------------------------------------------- this name
         ImageBuffer _image = "Models\MaterialInstance\FigTreeAO.rsc";
      }
   ]
}
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

@angainor88 - I don't know if you use Blender but that program has some issues with fbx animation.
I have done as you did. Loaded model of tree in Blender and immediately saved. Does not work.

For now you have to use other programs to make animated models for Banished.

Frustrating!

angainor88

Ah, thank you both!

Yeah, as long as the tree works in general, I won't be too disappointed the animation won't work :) Now I can see if I can get it to work when I get home!

RedKetchup

did you found a way to make animations work ? because i just lost another 4 hrs to try to understand and/or find a way to make it done....

but no luck :(

i load my .fbx , and i see it rotating and go down under the ground level... but i never could find a way to name the animation keys.
should have 1 animation from 0 to 150 named Remove. then 1 from 0 to 60 named Fall and 60 to 150 named sink

angainor88

I didn't have any luck either, I'm afraid :(

I may try again another time, but I gave up for this tree. It's almost done, I just have to make it prettier :P

angainor88

I finally finished my tree! But now I can't package it...

It calls for a "Package_TeaTree.crs", but it didn't build one of those. Is there something special I am missing for orchard trees because there is no toolbar file?

RedKetchup

verify your .rsc somewhere you call for "TeaTree" and it is not here in your .fbx

angainor88

Hmm my base TeaTreeResources.rsc file looks like this :

ExternalList resource
{
External _resources
[
"Template/NaturalResourceTeaTree.rsc"
"Template/RawMaterialTea.rsc"
]
}

The rest of the file is here, if you don't mind taking a look at it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/858lp4w1oynzx4j/TeaTree.7z/file

embx61

In the package file it is written as PackageFile teatree at the top. In the bat file it is written as Package.rsc:TeaTree.

Be careful with Caps. In quite some cases they must be exactly the same :)

So either change it in the BAT file or change it in the package file so both are the same.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Also it is a good thing to name some stuff like textures and the xxxxxxmeshes.rsc files which are unique.

Put for example AN(The first to letters of your name) in front of it but it can be anything you want like A88.
If someone else make a Tea Tree too and use the same name TeaTree (What make sense) the textures and meshes get overwritten by the mod which is highest in the Mod List which uses the same names.

The sprites and raw/Natural Resources files are okay as they can be shared between mods.

Put also AN for example as the PKM name so players know from who the Mod is.
All my Mods have EB in front of them, Kid's mods Kid, RedKetchup's Mods start with RK and so on.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

angainor88

I usually do for the final releases, I just like making sure everything else works first. I don't know if I will release the Tea Tree as a standalone mod yet, so I am keeping the name simpler for now.

kid1293

Why not use the tree as inspiration and make something themed?
A few buildings connected to tea. Add some storage and maybe
place some deco around the buildings and you have a tea garden :)

angainor88

angainor88

And it was the Caps... Thank you all!