News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

tomplum68 - Dunsett

Started by tomplum68, July 10, 2014, 03:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomplum68

1) We find Tiann Snow, window of Evante, moved in with Lander Fisher.  Also, Thor and Mernadette Lehrer have split.

2) By late summer year 18 the split is over and Thor is back with Mernadette.  The vacated house is taken by our newest couple, Delmers and Karriet Bertol.

3) Here is a shot of our old people to make a record of at least where they are as of now.

4) Also, in late summer a merchant arrives selling cattle.  We take 3 heads off of him in exchange for 570 firewood and 8 hide coats.  The pasture is no longer vacant!

5) A shot of the cows passing by behind the town hall.

6) In late autumn a baby girl named Lotte is born to Arrod and Amandy Taylor.

7) Another little girl, Amerald, is born to Delmers and Karriet.

8 ) Early winter year 18 harvest update; peaches have never been worse at 193, potatoes come in at 1245 combined and the new guy corn rakes in a healthy 1512.

9) In the winter another cattle merchant rows through and we buy two more cows in exchange for 400 firewood.

10) Antha Lehrer has passed after seeing three Lehrer's put in the ground before her.  Her empty house is taken by Erner and Katerine Lehrer.

irrelevant

I really enjoyed your latest post. Your approach to this game is very interesting; totally different from mine, I never pay attention to any of my guys, other than doing what I can to make sure they are educated, have five stars and five hearts, and short commutes.  ;)  But I can see that you enjoy it just as much as I do, and that's what it is about. Game on!

tomplum68

keeping track of everyone is getting way too time consuming though or at least trying to maintain lineages.  I play on 1x as I find I get way more invested in growing the town.  on 1x I actually notice some of the people as opposed to just watching profession numbers change.

i'm going to keep posting about the town but some of the detail is going to be reduced.  its just taking too long.  i spent 2-1/2 hours the other day to post 2 years worth of screenshots.

I think I'm going to try and make yearly recap posts.  Use the event log to go back and find births and deaths and make a screenshot with all the year's newborns which should also encapsulate any new couples at least when they have their first child.  I would love for a mod that would track lineages kind of like in Crusader Kings or something like that.  I imagine that could really up the processing needs especially at higher pops.

I even downloaded that Gramps ancestry software and while it would help track the lineages, it would certainly not make the tracking go any faster.  Advice to anyone who wants to do family trees and such; be prepared to quickly be spending more time  out of game tracking than in game playing.

As an aside, have older singles always been moving in together or is this something recent.  I remember from some older games that when someone's spouse died they stayed in the house alone until they died (old meaning beyond child bearing age).  This is the first town I made where I've noticed this.

tomplum68

Newest pared down updates

1) Northern view of Dunsett in year 21.  We have a quarry started, a sheep pasture, a plum orchard started, and another house.  We have bean seeds but no real need at the moment.

2) View from the south and west.  A second school is by the town hall.  We're up to 70 citizens.

3) Behind the chapel to the town hall across Chestnut Boulevard.

4) Same thing but from behind the town hall.

5) Year 22, quarry and sheep pasture are up and running along with more housing.  We now have 76 citizens.

6) Also year 22 southern view, not much new here.  You can just see a paused mine, that may open someday.  I'm considering an ale empire to the south across the river but I need way more labor to man plum orchards.

tomplum68

Some more updates:

2) We skip ahead to year 25 to find the population has jumped to 104 from 76 three years ago.  We still have a strong adult to child ratio.

We've added a small chicken coup by the first sheep pasture and made a new larger cow pasture and split the sheep to increase our wool production.

Houses are being added around the potato fields.

Another plum orchard was put in just west of the corn field and a small pepper farm was put in just north.

3) Beans have been put in south of the potato fields and the barn there was torn down and repositioned to accommodate more housing.  Some housing has been added around the town hall as well and a second wool coat tailor was put in.

More chestnut orchards have been put in around Chestnut Boulevard to fill in the look between town hall and chapel.

4) Year 26, Chestnut Boulevard has been 'treed' in.

5) A shot of the northern part of Dunsett in year 27.  I don't think anything actually changed up there in the last two years.  Our population has shot up to 127 from 104 in year 25.

6) More happening to the south as some housing was put in south of the potato fields, a brewery was added near the trading post, some plum orchards are operating across the river, as well as another trading post.  We also have a bridge up across the eastern creek and have begun another forester to devote to this little corner of town.  You can just see an iron mine being put in at the very top left corner of the pic too.  A second cemetery has also been added.  Most of the action the last two years took place in the south as we start to move more into trade and ale production.  We are going to have to start investing in some more food production soon as our population continues to take off.

tomplum68

1) year 29 north view:  Quite a lot happened west of the peach orchard.  We added two huge fields, one beans and one cabbage along with a barn and a peach brewery as we've been getting peaches in trade.

2) In the south of year 29 we added a big 15x15 plum orchard and have completed the forester in the east plus added a hunter.

3) In the summer of year 29 we hit 150 people.  This is why I'm no longer tracking lineages and individual people.  Just 8 years ago I had 71 people, now we're at 150...

4) By year 30 we've added a couple houses by the peach orchard and even added another peach orchard south of the mine.  I put the population graph from the town hall to illustrate how steep our line is getting.

5) A lot happened in the south as well as we've begun to build behind the town hall with houses, a chicken coup, a pear orchard, and a wheat field.

6) Year 31 saw more houses by the corn field, more houses by the peach orchard, and a new woodcutter going in south of the mine.

7) The construction continued at a fever pace in the south as a new plum brewery was put in across the river along with two new fishing docks.  A new cow pasture was built off to the west in the forest along with another large plum orchard and a corn field.  The housing continues to fill in behind the town hall.

An influx of ten nomads in year 30 helped boost the housing market and construction overall as we had the labor for the fishing docks and farm fields.  We'll take all the nomads we can get at this points.  Keep the people coming!  Oh, and we're up to 199 at the beginning of year 31 too.  Time for another chapel...