News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Expanded Pastures For Solarscreen - slink (SJGL)

Started by slink, September 02, 2014, 06:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Could you run into the same problem with sheep and wool?

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 04, 2014, 06:50:38 AM
Could you run into the same problem with sheep and wool?
I would imagine so, although @solarscreen's numbers seem to be 4 eggs per chicken, which I believe is the rate of wool production.  Eggs should be 12 per chicken.  My point, though, is that sheep might make it okay.  I am currently trying to test a large cattle pasture, in between baking bread, getting in my daily walking, preparing for our new driveway and front sidewalk, and, of course, posting in this forum.   ;D

slink

I added the information on how I did the mod, in the first post.

RedKetchup

eggs are 6:

QuoteRawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
   SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
   StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
   String _name = "Egg";

int _lowCreateCount = 6;
   int _highCreateCount = 6;

int _weight = 1;
   int _createChance = 1;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Protein;

float _carryScale = 0.5;
}

and wool are 6 too:
QuoteRawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
   SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
   StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
   String _name = "Wool";

int _lowCreateCount = 6;
   int _highCreateCount = 6;
   int _weight = 10;
   int _createChance = 1;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Textile;

float _carryScale = 0.33;
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Thanks for finding that, @RedKetchup.

I changed the raw materials from pastures to allow for ten times as much and began testing.  Before the change, I had started testing the cattle, so I pursued that aspect first.

I tried the pasture mod with and without modded cattle for 2 years, comparing one 20 x 40 with four workers to an average of four 20 x 20 with two workers each.  It isn't quite twice as much, and it isn't different with the cattle modded at that size of large pasture.  I haven't yet tried it with chickens and their eggs.

ES 55 pasture only
average of 4 x 20 x 20 = 1100 beef, 33 leather
single 20 x 40 = 2000 beef, 60 leather

ES 56 pasture only
average of 4 x 20 x 20 = 950 beef, 28.5 leather
single 20 x 40 = 1600 beef, 48 leather

ES 55 cattle also modded
average of 4 x 20 x 20 = 950 beef, 28.5 leather
single 20 x 40 = 1600 beef, 48 leather

ES 56 cattle also modded
average of 4 x 20 x 20 = 700 beef, 21 leather
single 20 x 40 = 1800 beef, 54 leather

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 04, 2014, 06:37:58 AM
I guess I'm not totally surprised that there is a problem with the eggs.  My experiments with the size of pasture a week or two ago were done because I wondered if egg production was being affected by the limit of the number that can be displayed in the animal shelter.  Since splitting the flock between two pastures did not cause the egg production to increase, I concluded that the display could somehow cope with too many eggs.  That appears not to be the case in a pasture ten times as large.

I am a little surprised that the game kills off chickens when the eggs have no place to land.

Thanks for the testing.  I'll look at it more closely and see if I can locate anything that can be altered to make it work better with chickens.

How does it work with meat cattle?  There is nothing to be gathered on a monthly or quarterly basis from those.

I not completely sure about the chickens experiment since I did it late last night and only for about an hour. More testing to go.

Sheep and cows will be next...
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

For one year of chickens with the chicken and egg rsc files modded, I got the data shown in the attached graphic.  I did it for two years after the pastures were all full, but McAfee is running a scan on my machine and the game didn't take my screenshot keypress in the first of the two years.   :(

There were 266 chickens in the large pasture and about 33 chickens in each of the four smaller pastures.  There were eight herdsmen tending the large pasture and one herdsman tending each of the four smaller pastures.

As you can see, in the second year after all of the pastures were full, there was a little less than seven times as many eggs produced in the 40x40 pasture as there was in the 10x20 pastures.  The expected number was eight times as many.   The eggs still only appeared in six locations even in the large pasture, but were carried off by the herdsmen whereupon new eggs promptly appeared.  I cannot find where the egg drop locations are defined numerically.  Perhaps it is only in vacant areas of the animal shed, which means that the animal shed yard has to be larger in order to accommodate more eggs at one time.  There is this in the AnimalShed.rcs:

String _pathBitmap =
"###
_##
__#
__#
_##";

Underscores in the above would appear to be the locations where eggs appear.

The production of chicken meat, however, is only a little more than twice as much.  This baffles me, unless meat production only occurs after all of the eggs are placed at any given slaughtering time.

Fixing the egg (and wool) drop locations will involve working with models, I fear.  Since the production of wool isn't so frequent, possibly sheep will be okay without that.

slink

I've uploaded the newest version with the new name format, and with the six animal products edited.  See first post.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 05, 2014, 11:34:40 AM
For one year of chickens with the chicken and egg rsc files modded, I got the data shown in the attached graphic.  I did it for two years after the pastures were all full, but McAfee is running a scan on my machine and the game didn't take my screenshot keypress in the first of the two years.   :(

There were 266 chickens in the large pasture and about 33 chickens in each of the four smaller pastures.  There were eight herdsmen tending the large pasture and one herdsman tending each of the four smaller pastures.

As you can see, in the second year after all of the pastures were full, there was a little less than seven times as many eggs produced in the 40x40 pasture as there was in the 10x20 pastures.  The expected number was eight times as many.   The eggs still only appeared in six locations even in the large pasture, but were carried off by the herdsmen whereupon new eggs promptly appeared.  I cannot find where the egg drop locations are defined numerically.  Perhaps it is only in vacant areas of the animal shed, which means that the animal shed yard has to be larger in order to accommodate more eggs at one time.  There is this in the AnimalShed.rcs:

String _pathBitmap =
"###
_##
__#
__#
_##";

Underscores in the above would appear to be the locations where eggs appear.

The production of chicken meat, however, is only a little more than twice as much.  This baffles me, unless meat production only occurs after all of the eggs are placed at any given slaughtering time.

Fixing the egg (and wool) drop locations will involve working with models, I fear.  Since the production of wool isn't so frequent, possibly sheep will be okay without that.

I tested with just one herdsman, then 3 herdsmen, then 6 herdsmen. I got my best results with 3.

slink

Quote from: solarscreen on September 05, 2014, 11:48:41 AM
I tested with just one herdsman, then 3 herdsmen, then 6 herdsmen. I got my best results with 3.

This may be a function of from how far away the herdsmen must come.  It makes no sense otherwise, for fewer herdsmen to produce more stuff.

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 05, 2014, 11:50:51 AM
Quote from: solarscreen on September 05, 2014, 11:48:41 AM

This may be a function of from how far away the herdsmen must come.  It makes no sense otherwise, for fewer herdsmen to produce more stuff.

Yeah, I don't know. The 6 showed up right away constantly and kept the eggs cleared off.

irrelevant

Maybe all those guys hanging around spooks the hens.

rageingnonsense

This is very similar to the Pasture aspect of my Better Fields mod, except I capped the size at 60 as opposed to 64, and I allow less workers.

slink

Quote from: rageingnonsense on September 06, 2014, 02:45:08 PM
This is very similar to the Pasture aspect of my Better Fields mod, except I capped the size at 60 as opposed to 64, and I allow less workers.
And?