News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Fault to be able to make fence.....(Edit: Almost there)

Started by RedKetchup, September 05, 2014, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

loooooll

Fault to be able to make fence.....

WALL THEM !

haha, i ll make those fence.... do you think it will work and prevent them to pass ? see attchment screenshot lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

mwahaha i have so much fun tonight IMO

ROFLMAO

Bong

You plan to implement battles? :D Those walls are like China or Dubrovnik wall, except for material :D

Nilla

:D
When I see this I wish I knew a little bit more about programming so I could test such things too. Must be great to see what comes out; trying stuff (even if it is not exactly what you planned)

And please go on showing us your "failures" too ;)

And perhaps that kind of "fences" might be useful too, wild boars in the forest are not to stop with some tiny fences and I know of own experience what those animals can do on a potato field !!!  >:(

RedKetchup

yeah trying to find out some ... material.... thats really not easy to find something as good and as near as the developper used :P

but ... the good news is ... i m almost there , see this picture :)

(about failures.... 98,9% of my time passed on this is ... total failure !!! LOL

i need to find how to click and put it on the ground to be build without having the game crashing LOL

when i ll succeed (after XX hours of total failure ^^ again) i ll go back to try to find another paint material :)

RedKetchup

i played with the color/hue/saturation/contrast of my sample, i got it near, acceptable :)

graphite

Hey Red, looks like you are now moving in the right direction ;)

as for free textures go here: http://www.cgtextures.com/

but you will now need to learn how to unwrap the model and apply the textures ;)

RedKetchup

/cry another 48hrs to lose LOL. i m so slow. the problem is to find where and how to do something ^^

btw, i did a corner but .... i totally misjudged it. lol too bad, the modkit accepted it from the 1st try /cry LOL

edit: also i ll need to make a lot of test and modifications.... to make them assembly perfectly one in one on the map :S

slink

It's looking good, @RedKetchup.  If nothing else, you are learning to use the modelling software.

rkelly17

@RedKetchup, the fences do look good to me. The one thing I notice is that on the corner piece the fences are at the edge and on the regular piece the fence is in the middle. I know nothing about 3d, of course, but would it work if the regular fence piece had the fence on the edge?

A Nonny Moose

I'm for fences.  They make good neighbours and keep out predators.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

i know i misjudged it. the straight one is in middle and go all the way through from right to left. what i need to do for the corner is put the pole in the middle and make go left and up 2x half of fence.

or i go back to the straight one and make it to the edge ^^

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 05, 2014, 02:40:41 PMor i go back to the straight one and make it to the edge

I feel that would be the better choice... because then we can rotate the piece and decide whether we want to lay a path next to it or not...

It's generally easier (for the player) to come up with different and creative layouts when the fence is on the edge (rather than in the middle) of a 1x1...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

exact. and thats what i did.

this screenshot show 2 type of fence : a straight long one and a corner one.

each one (row of picture) has 4 different copy/paste , i rotated with "R" keyboard key and screenshot all 4 different rotated positions

i think i got it :)

RedKetchup

now the HARDEST (in a way) : The coding LOL

i guess i ll have to go back in my 2 different .FBX and add at each 2 more ones , a FenceBuild01 and a FenceBuild02 for the straight one and do same for the corner, a FenceCornerBuild01 and FenceCornerBuild02 LOL

everything seems to work in 3 times : when you click you should see a footprint, then when mats are there Build01, Midway of building it there is the Build02, and then when completed, the finished one : Fence
Right ?

but for the moment i am at : when i click to launch it... the game crash LOL.