News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ideas on education

Started by Fellow Villager, October 07, 2014, 04:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Yes, @slink, that has been my understanding too. Perhaps that will change when no longer beta. On the food groups I was originally hoping that dairy could be a new food requirement affecting health if not present, but Red said it could not be added. Clay was discussed on another forum for the desert mod, I think, and that was where I learned that you could not have both clay and stone. I suppose theoretically it could take the place of iron. Imagine the headache of switching all  the building requirements....

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 07, 2014, 02:28:41 PM
Also, for a new game there is this for a default:

InitialFamily _citizens
[
{ bool _educated = true; int _maxChildCount = 3; },
]

You would have to have another boolean variable named _highlyeducated.

Is this the general or only for "hard" where you have four families? Would "medium" have five of the lines in curly brackets and "easy" six?

slink

It's the default file.  There is also a file for Hard, Medium, and Easy which further defines it.  For instance, here is the same segment from Easy.rsc:

InitialFamily _citizens
[
]

Pangaea

For those playing with the Adam and Eve mod, I assume what has been done there is to simply just use one family, perhaps without any children (have not tried it myself).

Elsewhere in those files is the information about buildings, food amounts, that kind of stuff, basically what separates Easy, Medium and Hard. So it's easy (heh) to create new difficulty levels by changing these variables for the amount of families, children, and starting material and buildings.

rkelly17

Quote from: Pangaea on October 08, 2014, 12:39:03 PM
For those playing with the Adam and Eve mod, I assume what has been done there is to simply just use one family, perhaps without any children (have not tried it myself).

InitialFamily _citizens
[
{ bool _educated = notreally; int _maxChildCount = 2; },
                { bool _EatAppleBigTrouble = true; }
{ bool _EldestKillBrother = true; }
                { bool _ScrewedAgain = true ; }
]

slink

bool _OhhhItsASnake = true;   ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 08, 2014, 01:40:45 PM
bool _OhhhItsASnake = true;   ;D

That's one reason I'm mediocre at programming; I always forget important lines of code.  ;D

slink

That's a reference to an endless loop (advertising?) jingle written back in the 1990s sometime.  It came out about the time Neverwinter Nights (NWN) was in it's heyday.  NWN had a mod called Craftable Natural Resources (CNR) which, among other things, involved gathering mushrooms of various sorts.  One of the most common low level monsters was the badger, which was quite lethal to low level characters.  It happens that we had on the world where I first played online a beast-master (as I called him) who liked to spike innocent-looking fields with the occasional snake.  Thus, this loop appealed greatly to those of us who were grinding our way to higher levels by making potions from mushrooms in badger-infested fields and forests, with the occasional deadly encounter with a snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

We wasted a lot of time watching this when we were too tired to play productively any longer, and also tended to emit quotes from it randomly on the IRC channel for that world.

RedKetchup

you can a clay pit, and make a building to make bricks of it (maybe another to make poteries^^) and you ll get new resources:

rawmaterialclay
rawmaterialbrick
rawmaterialpotery

but your bricks will be diferent from stone. so if you want to build an house that need 12 wood, 24 sone 10 iron. having 1000 bricks and 0 stone you wont able to build it caue it needs stones, not bricks.

the only thing you can do with bricks is building that require bricks, example a very new house building that require 12 wood 30 bricks and 8 iron. those you ll be able to do them, but if you have 0 bricks and 1000 stone, you wont able to build it :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .