News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 16, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: kid1293 on February 09, 2017, 04:00:06 PM
Once upon a time it was the food limit. Believe it or not.

Yep! I just came here to post my finding. You're right. It is food.
Makes sense. Food for the brain.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

i dont understand how you guys are playing lol. when i was starting any map, any game, the first thing i was always doing : <Pause> and put all limits to 999,999 !!!! and then i was starting my game for real.
never found something that pissed me off so much than these stupid limits in this game LOL
i never needed the game to decide for me when i should stop crafting something ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

I just like having control of what's being produced. To me it's a blight on the land to have barns and stockpiles all over the place. The fewer, the better - to me. Plus it doesn't hurt my feelings if one of the 'professionals' has to be a common laborer for a while.  :D
To me it just doesn't make sense to have 100,000 food laying around in barns and markets if you're citizens are only using 20 or 30,000 a year.
Besides, where's the challenge if you have no limits? I'm not one for building all these fancy looking communities. I just don't have that talent. So my game play style is different.

You're not the only one though. I've had this discussion with a couple other players.  It's just the way I like to play.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

:D it was just not the way i always played ^^ hehe

i hope though you dont take my reply as an offense or something !! i hope not. was not intented.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 10, 2017, 01:56:08 AM
i hope though you dont take my reply as an offense or something !! i hope not. was not intented.

Absolutely not. At my age I don't have time to be offended.  ;D

I can certainly understand different play styles. I've been PC gaming for close to 20 years so different play styles is nothing new to me.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

QueryEverything

I found by limiting tools & clothes, luxuries early on that once they hit that limit they went on their way.  :)  Then when things got low they would come back.  I don't do it as much these days, but for a while that was my core play style.

I'm with @RedKetchup though, first thing, set the UI, set the limits, then save the game.  I then had a template (if I loved the map) for all future games, mod updates etc, I could wind back to the start and not have to fuss about with ridiculous things.
That's one thing I wish the game did have, the function to remember the UI setup from map to map so I didn't have to fuss about it.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

I always like to read about different approaches on this game. We all play it different ways and it's all "Right". I don't use to set any limits from the start. If you put one of these limits too high, you will constantly get this "nerving bong"; a warning that something is getting low. I know, you can turn it off, but it can also be useful. So I prefere to increase the limits as the settlement grows. Most of the time, I forgot until the limit is reached, but I can live with that. But I can also fully understand, if you want to set all the limits high and don't think about it anymore. When I played CC (I don't do it much and don't always know, into what category things are sorted) I found it convenient to do it this way. 

Paeng

I don't raise limits either from the start - actually I even decrease some of them  :)

Later on I slowly raise them as needed - I don't get overflowing barns, my forests stay nicely dense and healthy looking, mines and quarries last really long and so on... when a limit is reached, I decide if I need more from that production, if I need more storage to go with it, housing etc... but yeah, that's just my (slow) pace - it's good when every player finds his own style, at least Banished allows for that...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

i start games and tweak the limits but don't set them to max.if you max the limits,many times you will  be overstocked on 1 item and out of another. at the game start,that pile can get full of 1 item and leave no space for the others.this will stop builders from working also. if you set the limits to max,you have a tendency to forget it. in CC there are so many different items under each limit that you will later find you are overstocked on 1 item and have no room for another.if you already hit the max and can not raise the limit,what do you do? i feel it gives the player more control. in small towns or adam and eve starts that extra laborer for just a short time is helpful. i tend to spread out and build villages here and there,each to serve a different purpose. if i had set the limit high early,then all my items are way over there and not as evenly distributed around the map. that is a good part to this game,you are free to play as you want.you don't have to conform to how others play.

Hawk

Getting back to the Monastery - books worth 400?  :o With books you really don't need anything else in the TP's, do you?
I just bought 4 different crop seeds and it only cost me 25 books. NICE!!!!!!!  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Gatherer

4 monks produce around 45-50 books per year giving a max trade value of around 20k.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Hawk

Yea, I noticed that. Nice trade item.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]