News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Re-Define Idling Locations

Started by Paeng, October 31, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

I'm kinda dissatisfied with the idling locations in Banished - the peeps idle where there is nothing to see (stock piles, trade posts, hospital, cemetery and such), while spots where you'd expect real 'action' look completely deserted most of the time - e.g. the Market(!), Cathedral, Town Hall and such...

I wonder if it is possible to write sort of a "general idling override" that re-distributes the idling locations? Like I see some mods where idling seems to be defined (or suppressed) - like RedK's Little Doctor Mod, or the Farm Stand by Elf, or the Fountains by Cosack, among others...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

Quote from: Paeng on October 31, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

I wonder if it is possible to write sort of a "general idling override" that re-distributes the idling locations? Like I see some mods where idling seems to be defined (or suppressed) - like RedK's Little Doctor Mod, or the Farm Stand by Elf, or the Fountains by Cosack, among others...
That's Bobbi's Little DoctorHouse; he named it for her cause she requested it  ;)

Happiness circles and idling radii are two separately definable characteristics of any structure. Can't remember where I saw that, looking.....

Mahnogard

Interesting that you mentioned that - I was just noticing last night that Elfecutioner's farm stand is THE place to be for Bannies. Like the Macy's after-Christmas sale, always a crowd. And like an idiot, I put one right behind the hospital.

Took that down in a hurry after the first outbreak.

Paeng

Quote from: Mahnogard on October 31, 2014, 06:38:34 PMElfecutioner's farm stand is THE place to be for Bannies

Indeed...  ;D
But it does make the place pretty interesting...

Quote from: irrelevant on October 31, 2014, 06:39:07 PMHere it is

I know, I know... been using that little mod ever since  ;)  (because I got tired of building my hospitals out in the wilderness instead of integrating them in my downtowns)...

Quote from: irrelevant on October 31, 2014, 06:28:26 PMHappiness circles and idling radii are two separately definable characteristics of any structure.

Ummm... yeah - that's why I'm asking if such an override might be possible... just to get back to my original question  8)

RedKetchup

you cant let everything there and just make an override that will be 'more' real action.

you need to do in a mod :
1- take all the building you dont want the citizens go : and delete the happiness and the radius.
2- take all the building you want to be occupied : and setup an happiness and a radius.

and then pack and compile everything.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 31, 2014, 07:22:52 PMyou cant let everything there and just make an override

Shucks, foiled again... :'(

:)

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on October 31, 2014, 10:40:15 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on October 31, 2014, 07:22:52 PMyou cant let everything there and just make an override

Shucks, foiled again... :'(

:)

I think the correct expression is "Curses! Foiled again!" and you have to twirl your handle-bar mustache as you say it.

Seriously, the citizens have some weird ideas about where to idle. I discov ered this way back when I built my first well and notice the incredible crowd it attracted. Since I can't mod every idling spot building  :'(  (though I use the Bobbi DoctorHouse now) I build wells around places I want citizens to congregate. Draws them like flies.