News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trizeropz: +9000 Population Town

Started by Trizeropz, March 18, 2015, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

Hey, I try to reach a population of 4000 with my current village. I am already at +2800 pop right now but I will post screenshots from the start nevertheless.

I searched for a map with lots of space for trading posts to test the firewood economy.
I already see lots of failure if i look at my first zones.

Here is my seed, village name and my first buildings.
I think the start was really bad. Could be much better.

RedKetchup

looking at your minimap... thats a bad seed, really too much mountains  :o
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Trizeropz

Yeah i see that now too. I just loaded couple of maps and found the start and river nice. Wont play this seed again:D

Trizeropz

The start was horribly but I really try :D
I built to much in to short time. Forgot to pick up logs manually and the 2nd woodcutter was built to late. But the food was well and that's important right?:D

Trizeropz

I am going fast forward with posting the old screenshots because the interesting stuff is later with the trading posts and firewood economy :)

So its year 30 and I wasn't able to get a stable economy with wood yet. So i decided to built some foresters. The radius should be empty of buildings so they have the full efficiency. The forester near the herbalist is set planting only. That's why he don't get that much wood.

irrelevant

@Trizeropz I also use Paint to make the images that I post here; I have a suggestion to make.

Do not create the default ".PNG" image files (I used to do this too). Instead take a few seconds more and change the file type to ".JPG."

This results in much smaller image files, which is better for you because they use less space on your hard drive, and also better for us because they take less time to load. :)

OK! Nice looking town; good luck with your goals!

Trizeropz

Okay I will upload as JPG form now on.

Trizeropz

Yes baby 4k!

rkelly17

Congratulations, @Trizeropz. Does baby 4K get a special gift from the mayor?  ;D

Trizeropz

Sure, Izeth got an extra big menue from Kentucky Fried Chicken:D

irrelevant

Congrats, and well done! It's a great feeling.

Trizeropz

No space left on the map and food is droppin.... fuck!

Food went down from 1.000.000 to 700.000 so im able to demolish storage barns and place crops. +17 crops
Wool from pastures isnt enough anymore. i had 6,5k clothing. this would be enough for some years more. so i decided to demolish pastures too and got many space out of it. +14 crops
i had 8k alcohol from 62 brewer. when i saw that the alcohol graph dropped to, i removed the worker. alcohol would only reach for 1-2 years and i would save some more food.

after this i got a little 'food-boom'. The last 4 years my food dropped with 90k every year. after this i got again 120k more so i had more time.
i build also 120 new houses to get the most massive baby boom ever:D
i placed 20 new fishermen on very bad spots.. better bad spots than nothing.. worset spot gets 120 fish/year with 4 workers:DDDD
i raised the firewood value in the trading posts so i can buy more food per trader. bad idea. firewood dropped from 100.000 to 40.000 and my logs from 130k to 40k

i remove all taverns. need to set builder up from 200 to 700.. after i accept last nomads i dont care how much i need for builder because i have way enough:D
the last time between nomads was 5 years. if im able to hold my town another 5 years i could maybe get nomads again and that would be 600-700. it would be fuckin insane. i dont know if im able to live 5 years more. food will drop so fuckin fast now. i harvest all my crops at 70%yield to get the whole potential out of it.

im thinking about to demolish churches. would the happiness drop fast?:s 20 chruches would give me some nice space:D

and here are some screenshots with my current situation. i know i wouldnt win the prize for the nicest looking town
i think it looks very ugly but hey, i have 5k people;D ;D ;D

Trizeropz

Trizeropz

The baby boom is insane. late spring 108 i had 4574 people with the accepted nomads .late winter now i have =4905.

330 babys in less than a year:D