News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Time Is Money

Started by Darkbibou, March 27, 2015, 01:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

The discussion about shortcuts made me realize that adding the buttons on the left of the toolbar make my buttons steal some F* shortcuts from the standard toolbar entries.

So, I've modified my toolbar entries to make them have different keyboard shortcuts.

The new shortcuts will be:

[1] Slow down the simulation
[2] Pause the simulation
[3] Resume the simulation
[4] Speed up the simulation

[F1] to [F*] Standard toolbar entries (with a shift to the left since there is no more Time button)

Darkbibou

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 29, 2015, 08:04:43 AM
The discussion about shortcuts made me realize that adding the buttons on the left of the toolbar make my buttons steal some F* shortcuts from the standard toolbar entries.

So, I've modified my toolbar entries to make them have different keyboard shortcuts.

The new shortcuts will be:

[1] Slow down the simulation
[2] Pause the simulation
[3] Resume the simulation
[4] Speed up the simulation

[F1] to [F*] Standard toolbar entries (with a shift to the left since there is no more Time button)

Altough this setup works well when no sub toolbar is opened, it has a nasty side effect when a sub toolbar is opened:

Pressing "1" slow down the game and activate the first button of the sub toolbar at the same time.

I've searched a way to add new shortcuts to the game but it's seems impossible with the current modkit :(

We can only use the F1 to F9, 1 to 9 and camera memorization shortcuts (Z, X, etc.) for toolbar entries.

The problem with the original version of this mod (the one on my google drive) is that it consumes 4 [F*] shortcuts that are normally used for the basegame menus.

So, I've tried this:

The time controls button are on the extreme right of the root toolbar (and have no shortcuts because of this position).

An F* shortcut is given back to the player since the old time button is no longer used.

Which one is better (between this version and the first one in your opinion ?

Darkbibou

Here is a download link for this second version: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=42 (with the file storage system of the forum ^^)

chillzz

i think the second version (to the right) is better for all players because it won't mess up the shortcut keys. I didn't notice, since i do play only with mouse, F & R keys.. and space for pause, while i use mouse for speed up / down.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

this mode is "saved compatible"?
please tell me "yes"!!
I saw the post just now!
and just last night I started a new game!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 31, 2015, 04:25:12 AM
this mode is "saved compatible"?
please tell me "yes"!!

Yes, it can be activated on existing savegames :) (at leats it always worked during my tests)

I will soon publish 2 alternative versions (one with the controls on the left and one with the controls on the right) on Banished Info (maybe tonight).

RedKetchup

BUMP back to the top !!!
hehe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Two alternative versions of this mod are now available on Banished Info :)

With icons on the right of the main toolbar: TimeIsMoney

With icons on the left of the main toolbar: TimeIsMoneyAlt

RedKetchup

assobanana76

thank so much Darkbibou!!
I was just downloading when I read "64bit"...
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 04, 2015, 02:16:22 AM

I have tested it on the 64bits version but I'm pretty sure that you will not get any error in 32 bits ^^

assobanana76

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 04, 2015, 01:51:51 PM
Quote from: assobanana76 on April 04, 2015, 02:16:22 AM

I have tested it on the 64bits version but I'm pretty sure that you will not get any error in 32 bits ^^
ah ok!
download!
thanks again!