News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Timber Mill v2.2 (updated 29 July 2019)

Started by Discrepancy, December 11, 2017, 04:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Sorry about that. I had forgotten to delete the last Url link in the download. Try again it should work :)

TheOtherMicheal

Thanks and thanks for the super fast response (it must be getting on to midnight on your side of Australia at the moment?)

EDIT: Just checked the new download in game and I verify that it is V1.1 (I can see both textures).

elemental

Glad to know I wasn't going crazy.  :)

Is it save game compatible? Do I have to delete anything first?

TheOtherMicheal

I added it straight to my saved game however I had not built the DS Lumber Mill in my game.
I think it will be like any other update that adds new textures - delete the old lumber mill, save the game, add the new lumber mill mod then build it again in the saved game.

calli74

I found an issue with the decorative pieces in my game, the one tile filler squares have no way to be removed. There is no dustbin icon on them and the structure removal tool won't pick them up either. I'm not sure if it was just another mod conflicting, going to test that now.

Oh, just realised I'm using the version in Megamod 8 and not the download from here, maybe that has something to do with it.

calli74

I just tested in a vanilla game with only this mod installed and can confirm that I still can't remove the 1x1 filler tile.

Discrepancy

thank you @calli74 ,

you are correct, I'd forgotten to add the remove button to the UI.

I am working on an update to the mod, but unfortunately it is not going to be save-game compatible.

Discrepancy

updated to: v2.0

it was called DS Lumber Mill, but after a name change, a UI face-lift and a few other goodies added,
it is now known as:

DSTimber Mill

• Timber Mill - produces Timber from Logs (2 logs for 4-5 timber), or firewood (1 log or 2 timber = 3-4 firewood) | workrequired=2 time=5.5
  • Timber Mill Pine Forester - forester that plants pine trees only, slightly quicker maturity than vanilla (36months), less spawned foods than vanilla
  • Timber Mill Birch Forester - forester that plants birch trees only, slightly quicker maturity than vanilla (38months), less spawned foods than vanilla, but more than pine forester
  • Timber Storage Pile - wood storage flag | footprint 1x1 | capacity 300 weight
  • 1x2 & 2x2 Log Storage Piles - wood storage flag | footprint 1x2/2x2 | capacity 600/1200 weight
  • ghosted Timber & Log Storage Piles - ghosted versions of the above, all at ground level, they are purely for decoration, you must delete via objects UI
  • modular Timber Mill Wharf - 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 4x2, corners and angles | 2 texture variants, now split into separate toolbar menus
  • Timber - resource, used in construction, also known as Lumber (RawMaterialLumber.rsc) | flagged as wood (log) resource flag limit

all buildings (timber mill, foresters & storage places) have a reworked UI,
and now have an included info tab to give you some building & resource information in-game:

all deco pieces now have a demolish/remove button in UI:

Download: DS Timber Mill v2.0 from here.
**remember, the mod file name is still called DSLumberMill.pkm  ;)

Change Log:

v2.0    -  Major update **Not save compatible!!  --  16 May 2018  |  .zip = 8.98mb (9,198kb)   .pkm = 13.3mb (13,621kb)
        -  change of mod name to Timber Mill, .pkm file remains DSLumberMill.pkm
        -  change of resource string name for RawMaterialLumber.rsc to Timber
        -  change of building names & texts from lumber to timber
        -  changed deco versions of log piles to ghosted pieces
        -  changed RawMaterialLumber.rsc storage flag to wood limit
        -  changes to toolbar icons & texts
        -  changed wharf pieces - textures split into separate toolbar buttons
        -  changes to all file structures, names, removal of unneeded code
        -  changes to timber mill: work points, building speeds, construction & production
        -  added Pine & Birch forester buildings
        -  added storage versions of log piles

Voeille

I like the idea with foresters. I normally don't pair mine up with gatherers, so them maturing faster and giving less food will work well with my settlements. Thanks!

calli74

I'm looking forward to trying this out, but right now I'm 42 years into a game I don't want to start over. Will just have to be patient, but it looks so amazing.

taniu

@Discrepancy :D :D :D Thank you very much

tuggistar

Thanks for the nice and wonderful update. :) One question is how about now the lumber from the Colonial Charter, the Maritimes Collection and kid1293 as now the sequence in the list of mods.

Gatherer

Quote from: calli74 on May 16, 2018, 10:00:33 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this out, but right now I'm 42 years into a game I don't want to start over. Will just have to be patient, but it looks so amazing.

Same here.

I wonder if these foresters work with Necora's Pine Set?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

The pine tree forester only grows vanilla modeled pine trees, there is no change in the resource drop - still 2-3 logs, only the maturity is quicker than vanilla by 4 months, and less spawned wild plants: herbs, mushrooms & berries.

This mod should work fine with other mods that add Lumber, it is still the same RawMaterial but named differently - put this mod at the top and it will be called timber, or below another that adds lumber and it will be called lumber.

okkisafire

I couldn't find out how to delete 1x1 Timber Mill Wharf. Any idea?