News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: DS industry-RKEC tests

Started by brads3, September 05, 2019, 05:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on September 08, 2019, 06:42:39 AM
        hmm charcoal is set to the firewood limit. i don't like that.ill tell you why based on experience. with the charcoal and firewood on the same limityou run a risk of hitting the limit with 1 and shutting down the other. in this case, i hit the limit without even starting the kiln. if i hit the limit with charcoa,lthe choppers will stop cuitting firewood. this was found with using RED's fodder mod long ago. you can block a chain from functioning with all of a production chain being under 1 limit flag. if the charcoal was under the industrial fuel flag, the backup would be avoided.

it just needs a bit of attention from time to time. i dont see it as a problem.
the real problem is : we dont have unlimited number of flags/limit.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

Quote from: brads3 on September 07, 2019, 08:03:30 AM
DS has some info windows with a lot of info on them. there is some baasic info as well as info on the production of tools and chains for the different ores. is there a plan to use these during game play more? like is the plan to open the health menu to see how the bannies are doing and what needs to be done to make them healthier or happier? not even sure banished allows a way to do that. by adding mods, i realize mty game will play different.already i am repairing tools that are not on the info menu.

The info panels will be purely informational. We cannot add any more different statistic variable displays then what is already in the game. I could of course add a display of the current health hearts using what is already there, but there would be no benefit on these info panels.

:)

brads3

YEAR 6

since we have extra workers,i added a combo forester and gatherer to the workcamp.this will clear the regrowth for the camp and keep them supplied with logs. we add another storage barn and upgrade the fishing. the construction yard switches back to lumber and we shut down the charcoal kiln.

i didn't add a lot of DS mods since i wasnt sure of what was all in the DSIM.we need a trading post. i wanted a general trading post but not a small 1.plus i want to conserve the iron. we decided on a CC dock trade post and small barn.i didn't want to add items to the inventory or merchant boats but this will fit the best.

we cleared a DS crop field just to compare it with the others.that will give us 3 potato fields next spring.

i pushed into Mark's 7th year death trap.we produce and gather about 500 more food than we use each year.i am using the propertime mod so the population is only at 28.education dropped  to 53% and health is down 1 heart.so far no issues we did have to search for deer and change our textiles and coats.ony micro managing has been the outputs of the construction yard and sending someone to stock KID's market now and then. we actually had to increase storage space several times as they kept filling.the main start barn is holding the unused flax that the bannies planted the 1st year. we have had some wild oats but our diets are mostly veggy and fruit.

with MARKs warnings i was careful but at the same time i pushed the education level down.

YEAR 7

the laborers have cut trees here and there along the main road. they had hopes of spooking out some deer. unfortunately they did not see any.

the buider finsihed the trading post and a RK forest barn storage to the south.the DS field looks different than the plowed seasonFX field but does produce similarly.

the market vendor went to stock the trading post once the market was supplied.he can float between the 2 and use his wheelbarrow to move goods.we can trade linen coats,pelts and furs,and some of the DS wild flax.

pic 1: RowHouse fishing pier and a stone shed
pic 2: KID's combo forester and gatherer are like gardeners at dealig with RED's regrowth.
pic 3: CC dock trade post construction
pic 4: CC TP completed
pic 5: RK forest barn to the south

brads3

YEAR 8

a DS stone bridge was built across the creek to the south.we had anticipated nomads that never arrived.a merchant boat stopped but was only carrying lamp oil. in late summer a KID school was started. again this will conserve the iron.

the DS buildings fit a mining area. they need a lot of different building materials. we need to build the population before starting on those. the DSIM looks to be an ore and mineral mod. that is a nice change from the CC lumber and building supplies mod. either can become overwhelming with the many production chains.

thankfuy,this mod does not override the base vanilla buildings. those are being set with the RKEC mod.if both mods changed the base buildings then it could have caused conflicts and confusion. the way DS set this mod, players gain options.you have mining offices plus the RK or vanilla townhall.so new textured buildings add to the others instead of replacing. this works with the RK and CC also. the way CC is modded it adds many colonial styled buildings with the RK medieval buildings.having more options for the vanilla base buildings gives players flexability.

pic 1: southcreek bridge
pic 2: KID smal school

brads3

YEAR 9

we decided to build a small RK stone chuurch and a 9x9 cemetary.with the DS ore mod,the stone church will suit it well.

why are there no nomads? the game does calculations inside itself and can change where the nomads should arrive on the maps.we had 1 group of nomads and several years have gone by since. the ony thing we did was more construction. i know it has been debated ,but it has been proven that the nomads' arrival point to maps can move. on this map the whole left side is bocked by water.

to force the game to adjust and give us nomads,a KID OT stone boardinghouse will be built near the trading district.it can serve as a rest stop for anyone traveling by on the river.aong with it,`we built a holding pen for any livestock.

pic 1:RK stone church
pic 2: holding pen
pic 3: the trading post stocks

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 30, half educated,in 6 houses. we had only 1 family arrive as nomad helpers. we did expect more help than that. did something happen at the main fort? was another expedition started? did the next group get lost on the way? at least you would think a messenger woud have came to tell us.

the gathering has paid off. we have some wild oats, a variety of veggys and fruits to go with the potatoes.we did hunt some deer to go with the 2 types of fish. we made some charcoal,lumber,glass, and bricks.we repaired enough tools, that we do have some new iron tools still stored.

the DS construction yard has been kept busy.the 1 nomad couple took over growing flax and making clothing. some of our youngsters work to cear brush and collect food near the workcamp. others have made traps for beaverssquirrels, and foxes.it took time but we managed to get a dirt path to the main river and south creek. we have a trading post and holding pen to the north.a school and church were built.more and more storage sheds and barns had to be built since we kept filliing them up.

it has been a slow but steady pace. without nomads,we had to rely on our uneducated youth to haul materials. they are getting old enough now to want their own houses.soon we will start expanding out from the workcamp.

i did use the time to look at more of the DS buidings. they do require different materials. if it is like CC,to build 1 you need to build 2 or 3 others to have the building materials. we will need more workers before we can support mines and industries.

there is good and bad to my mod list with the DSIM mod. the clear tools are super helpful with the varied food gathering. i can't sence the happiness and health changes.my health has dropped only slightly.i don't think it is the propertime mod affecting that.i am unsure of which mod is holding the health and happiness up.i don't want to adjust the mod order and start over.i would like to get the happiness and health to have more affects on the game.howeveri don't see how i can without a major overhaul to the mod list. one of the give and takes with the game. in between maps i will look at trying a few adjustments.

we need to get foresters started,acquire some livestock and a grain seed,and start a mine or quarry.we should epand out a lot in the next 10 years.

pic 1:yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3:: inventory
pic 4: low inventory
pic 5: citizen graph

brads3

YEAR 10

WOW,a couple arrive with a child. yep just 3 bannies.they won't help much.they will man the trading post and fish the river.

the builder does seem slower.  once supplies are moved for constructioni am increasing the builders. 

we have storage issues. i don't know if it is due to weight differences or just more items,this is slowing down the workcamp gardener even. i don't want to scatter piles everywhere. some RK stone markets are needed to start storing items for the city.this will move enough stuff that the workcamp can function better.

a raw material,building material,and a supply market are completed. we built a Fulbert house for the worker and a 13yr old female took over. we built another cabin near the work camp and another young couple moved. we still have  older bannies who refuse to move yet.

pic 1:KID WW cottage for the nomad family
pic 2: RK markets, a raw,supply,and construction material
pic 3: market supplies

RedKetchup

brads3

there is a little white KID's tiny school. built in year 8, in the winter pic. i did that to conserve iron.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on September 12, 2019, 03:26:53 PM
there is a little white KID's tiny school. built in year 8, in the winter pic. i did that to conserve iron.

i was asking cause one of the picture was showing xx/0/xx adults/student/children

brads3

YEAR 11

we decide to expand across the creek and start on the foresters. 1 KID forester and gathering hut wil be built since they have storage. a n RK old hunter cabin will house 1 couple.outside the radiousa DS hovel and an old RED shed wil be built.since it is so far away, the market vendor and construction yard worker will help.with other workers hitting limits,we will have plenty of help. 

with the forest, we will have less laborers. the blacksmith,tailors,and wood cutter will help. new help should arrive about every 3 years. enough time to expand, build more houses, and restock supplies.

i forgot to stop the combo forester from planting.no wonder the workcamp was getting overgrown.he will be busy for a while.it'll take a few years for him to recut all that he planted.

1 merchant stops each year at the trading post.none have had seed or livestock. a few have had food but never any grain.
we have yet to trade for anything.

pic 1: my oops. i forgot to stop the combo gardener from planting so the village is overgrown
pic 2:forest construction
pic 3:forest 1, mixture of several mods

brads3

does anyone besides me use RED's little storage shedthat is in the last pic? that ittle shed store a huge variety and works for backyards or workplaces. a small 1.06 mod but really useful.

brads3

YEAR 12

the buider is finishing a cabin. once it is completed,all the young workers will be moved from their parent's homes. the contruction yard worker will switch to making more charcoal. he has 300 lumber stored.it doesn't take him long to make over 600 charcoal. he can make more glass during the winter.

health has dropped to 3 hearts. we need a grain seed. the little wild oats we find has helped slow the drop. some of the workcamp bannies are down to 1 heart. at 1st, i thought this was job related. after more investigating,i think it is the different houses plus the job. the construction yard worker lives in a Fulbert house and has better health than the mini blacksmiths who live in cabins. so far no one has been sick.

pic 1:growing workcamp
pic 2: health check, the mini blacksmith workers live in cabins and are not as healthy as the construction worker. so far no one has been sick. they did use some herbs, a couple years ago.

pic 3: forest outputs,hunting is not good here. thankfully with the many modders, the gathering system is working well even with its flaws. there is a trapper advantage,although we can't use pelts for clothing.KID's mods gather food that the laborers or food gathering tool will not.

brads3

everyone left me now i am 2 maps behind. suppose there is good and bad to that. i do want to run this map and gain more knowledge of how the DSIM mod works. there is a lot here to look at and figure out.

NILLA says adding mods akes the game too easy. 1st challenge is to make them all work. some are very specific on where in the order they need to be. 2nd challenge is accepting the give and takes. this can become a battle as what i want the game or mod to do sometimes it won't let me. beyond that i add mods to help and others to offset and make the game harder. all depending on my ideas for that particular map.

i admit i have this map goofed up on the mod order. i added the DSIM without adjusting much of the mod order. due to the mod order,there are less deer. hunting is very bad here. i can't sence the health and happiness changes from the DS mod as much as i would like. there appear to be some affects from it. i do have a mod that is like a bandaid to offset deaths. this should prevent a disease from killing off the bannies which will buy me time to figure out the health differences.  as i let the education level drop, production drops.  at the moment i have food and some supplies stashed ahead. as i start using more of the DS processors, it wil become much harder to keep up on supplies.

not only is there a lot to look at with the DSIM,i have mixed ideas floating around in my head. after this map,i'll make some adjustments to the mod order and try to fine tune things.

MarkAnthony

Try it with just DSIM by itself and with only the DS Log Cabin mod, the DS TownHouse mod + patch and maybe the DS Wagon Vendor mod too. That's the setup I went with.

I didn't use anything that would make DSIM easier except for the wagon vendor to move stuff around.  Basically I was trying to skip any of DS' mods that would make production easier - so no DS Jetty & Bridges, no DS Oil Mill, no DS Timber Mill, no DDSV Production or Services etc. No tiny stuff except for Kid's SmallTownHall.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.