News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining - v1.1 (updated 31 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, May 15, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

@Discrepancy Had a chance to mess around with the new version a bit.  Man, I love this mod.  Couple of notes...

Happened to have the new version of CC Tunnel Mine loaded.  Noticed that if the mine is loaded above the Blast Furnace the icon for traders in your section of the toolbar reduces to a dot, but still works.  Putting the mine below the furnace mod fixes it.  I know you've been adjusting your toolbar stuff lately, so thought you might want to know in case something is amiss with that.  I think you mentioned something about that on the mine update but that was about tools?

Also, the override appears to cause the name of Charcoal to disappear in stockpiles and in the Furnace window when it gets loaded in (as well as other production buildings).  An empty space followed by the number.  It shows up in town hall as normal.  Nothing else appears to be broken, it's just the ghost resource. :P

The pic you posted of the Merchant didn't capture how striking it looks in game.  It's absolutely beautiful.  And I love what you did with the trader boat names and inventories.  It's perfect and looking forward to playing with it.

Thank you, again. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

kid1293

Tested making candles with Gothic mods and can confirm it all works fine.
Your mine is upgraded and working! :)

Discrepancy

Quote from: Maldrick on December 30, 2017, 11:59:29 PM
Happened to have the new version of CC Tunnel Mine loaded.  Noticed that if the mine is loaded above the Blast Furnace the icon for traders in your section of the toolbar reduces to a dot, but still works.  Putting the mine below the furnace mod fixes it.  I know you've been adjusting your toolbar stuff lately, so thought you might want to know in case something is amiss with that.  I think you mentioned something about that on the mine update but that was about tools?

Yes you observed correctly. I know of this issue, after once again updating my toolbar earlier in the month I forgot to also add a menu for Trading Posts, I couldn't see where they could fit into the current menu so have added another...

QuoteAlso, the override appears to cause the name of Charcoal to disappear in stockpiles and in the Furnace window when it gets loaded in (as well as other production buildings).  An empty space followed by the number.  It shows up in town hall as normal.  Nothing else appears to be broken, it's just the ghost resource.

go back a page - here - and re-download I have fixed the issue and re-uploaded the patch.

QuoteThe pic you posted of the Merchant didn't capture how striking it looks in game.  It's absolutely beautiful.  And I love what you did with the trader boat names and inventories.  It's perfect and looking forward to playing with it.

Thank you, again. :)
[/quote]

Discrepancy

Quote from: kid1293 on December 31, 2017, 01:47:04 AM
Tested making candles with Gothic mods and can confirm it all works fine.
Your mine is upgraded and working! :)

Very nice :) thanks

Maldrick

Quote from: Discrepancy on December 31, 2017, 01:48:14 AM

go back a page - here - and re-download I have fixed the issue and re-uploaded the patch.

Awesome, thank you. :)

Hawk

Quote from: Maldrick on December 30, 2017, 11:59:29 PM
the icon for traders in your section of the toolbar reduces to a dot, but still works. 

I noticed this issue also under the Storage yards, Barns & Cellars icon as well as the Fences, Walls & Decorative icon, as seen in the attached screenshots.

For whatever it's worth, the attached text file is a list of the mods I have installed, in the load order in game.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

i think some personal community very sub toolbars have been added permanently but like if they are missing in the older mods.
even if i recommended to sit and think all the toolbars and sub toolbars first , i can i understand we can expand further and not expected those at first. thats normal :)

make sure all the mods have a copy of full sub toolbars even if they dont use those. it is better to have a copy because we dont have any idea how much control the first mod in the list can have on the subsequent mod's sub toolbars. even if they have nothing inside. just let all the mods know the full tree :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

I think I understand what you're saying @RedKetchup
I'll check and see if I'm missing some mods that would give the icons.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Discrepancy

Thanks @RedKetchup , yes I have started doing that

I think @Hawk , if you put DS Roads, DS Storage and DS Tunnels at the bottom of that list, with DS Blast Furnace on top of DS Ale House you will not have any missing icons.

:)
thanks everyone

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

OK! I did as you suggested and moved DS Roads, DS Storage and DS Tunnels all the way down to the bottom of the list. I did not move DS Blast Furnace and DS Ale House to the bottom, but I did move the Blast Furnace above the Ale House.
It did not make a difference. I did start a new game after doing that.

It's no big deal to me. I can live with it. I was just letting you know.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

brads3

did you forget to remove the older mods when you upgraded? if you add a mod set that includes other mods they will cause a dot icon as well.

Hawk

I'm pretty sure I didn't have any older mods installed. This is a new install of Banished 1.07 on my new Win 7 drive and I downloaded the latest versions of the mods I have.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Discrepancy

Players of the mega-mod noticed a major bug with the Blast Furnace: builders weren't building it even though all resources were delivered to site.
It turns out this bug isn't isolated to the mega-mod version.

I re-did the build points and made a patch mod:

DS Mods - Blast Furnace Patch

download below.

Installation: place the .pkm file in your Banished/WinData folder.
Enable in mod list and place above DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining and/or MegaMod.
Exit completely out of game, then restart game to ensure smooth playing.
If adding to a save-game, demolish any Blast Furnace foundations in your town,
Enable the patch mod in the Pause mod menu, save and exit game, restart and load save-game.