News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: New Flora - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, June 02, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

@tanypredator thank you :)  I have taken to using yours, @Bartender & @Necora mods together, they are very lovely how they fit. :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: calli74 on April 26, 2017, 01:25:33 PM
Thank you Tany for updating this, I've been trying to give this mod a try out because it looks so lovely. I had it working briefly with CC by only using normal trees, but then I added Nat Div and it stopped again so I've never had it fully working in my games.
I cannot say how it would work with CC, sorry.

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 26, 2017, 06:52:47 PM
@tanypredator thank you :)  I have taken to using yours, @Bartender & @Necora mods together, they are very lovely how they fit. :)
I'm using this complect too :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: calli74 on April 26, 2017, 01:25:33 PM
Thank you Tany for updating this, I've been trying to give this mod a try out because it looks so lovely. I had it working briefly with CC by only using normal trees, but then I added Nat Div and it stopped again so I've never had it fully working in my games.

Hi @calli74 until CC & MM are updated, New Flora won't be able to work as part of the start options, New Flora needs to be by itself since the Banished update, but there is a way to work it - you just can't have the CC start conditions as well as the other mods - for now.

Install the mods in the order in my screenshot (if you don't use Maritimes, it won't matter), and make sure these are all above MM & CC. 

Use a new map - make sure it is not a CC map (basic start conditions). 

You will see:  NatDiv grasses & flora working, you will also see New Flora working
If you are using Maritimes - you will see the new trees, but you won't be able to harvest the new resources straight away - you need to plant the trees to make the new produce grow.

I have been able to use a map choice & size with seeing the new growth items, but, not with the start conditions (Adam & Eve etc)
In the image below you can see that the Bannies are harvesting the produce from NatDiv & New Flora, and that's on a CC Very Large Map
In the other image, that is the Bannies weren't on the CC Verdant Plains, CC Very Large map - they are able to harvest resources from both NatDiv & NF

To have Maritimes Forestry items working, simply plant one of the trees & then follow the production line.

Please note - these shots are not with the updated New Flora released just a couple of hours ago.  :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

adelegarland

Just out of curiosity, what is Maritime Riffle?  I see it listed in your Mod Load Order Picture, Just wondering, haven't seen it before.
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

QueryEverything

@adelegarland it's a mod by @Necora who has made a water feature mod, pretty lakes, adding 'riffles' to streams etc
It's a really sweet mod.

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/420-maritimes-edition/&do=findComment&comment=6872

adelegarland

I'm intrigued!   got to play with this one!  thanks
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

QueryEverything

@adelegarland if you have a look at my posts here you can see how I managed to make it work so you can also fish inland :)

Check out my walkthru here:  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1635.msg31593#msg31593

My pictures are crap, but, if you have MM, you can make an active fishing hole, or download a separate terraform mod (listed in my posts).  :D  Have fun :D

Betin

Good day! There seems to be a compatibility issue between pine set and new flora. If you load new flora first, the wild foods from vanilla forester (chanterelle, fiddleheads and trapper bounty) from pine set don't seem to show anywhere. And if pine set is loaded first, wild foods from new flora suffer the same fate

QueryEverything

Hi @Betin yes, you cannot have both New Flora & Maritimes Pine as starting mods, they are compatible but both won't spawn on the map.

The workaround is in the picture attached. 
Load the mods in such a way that New Flora is below above, (ABOVE, sorry ...)  the Pine set, this way the New Flora produce will automatically spawn with NatDiv products, and be cleared by the Bannies as they work.

To get Maritimes Pines items, plant the Foresters and Harvesters for each and generate your items this way.

It is my understanding that New Flora won't generate on a Pines map because it doesn't have the 'spawners' to make the resources - but, the Pines items can work on a New Flora map because they do have 'spawners', being the Foresters buildings.

See above.  Here

{update} thanks to @TheOtherMicheal for correcting me :)  I was looking at the Riffle mod when I wrote it and got below/above mixed up.  Sorry folks. :)

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 29, 2017, 08:08:36 AM
<snip>
Load the mods in such a way that New Flora is below the Pine set, this way the New Flora produce will automatically spawn with NatDiv products, and be cleared by the Bannies as they work.

To get Maritimes Pines items, plant the Foresters and Harvesters for each and generate your items this way.

<snip>

Did you mean New Flora above the Pines set? That's the ways it's set in your attached picture. I'm using your suggestion for my load order (i.e. New Flora above Pines set above Natural Diversity) and can confirm that the New Flora and NatDiv resources are spawning on a new map. I haven't planted any of the Pines set foresters yet so can't offer any comment on them yet.

QueryEverything

@TheOtherMicheal yes, sorry - I was looking at the screenshot when I wrote it, and just mixed up in my head a little.

New Flora is to be above the other 2 mods. 
Maritimes Pine Set will absolutely produce it's goods once the Foresters and harvesters are built and set to work, in their own radius. :)

TheOtherMicheal

Hiya @QueryEverything
I was pretty sure you meant for New Flora to be above the others but thought I better mention it before it confuses people other than me!  :o
I've just started a new map today concentrating on using the New Flora mod with Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridges set, Necora's Maritimes sets and various bits from Red, Kid and CC. I have been successfully running the forester, gatherer and trapper from Necora's Pines set along with the Pines tailor and blacksmith.  :)

QueryEverything

No probs :)  I'm running the same setup as you are, I've been getting some lovely shots and work done :)

calli74

Finally got this working, at least the flax and oats and stuff are showing up, and what's more it works on a CC map, so long as you don't use start conditions other than the default. I am using a lake waters map with a default hard start. Tany's New Flora mod first, then Pines set, then Nat Div. game will crash if pines is below Nat Div. I can't believe how pretty my banished worlds are starting to look with all this new stuff and now the natural water canals coming too and Bartenders things, Banished is starting to look like a whole new game. Thanks to all the modders for the hard work lately, it's amazing what you are all coming up with.

QueryEverything

Hi @tanypredator I don't know if this is a bug, or a problem with me running 1.07 or, whether its because I have latest downloaded over MegaMod, but, I have 2 honey seekers in my menu.

The honey seeker on the left doesn't produce (gather) any honey; the one on the right does.
I have run this through a number of times and on different maps, so it's not just random "left & right", it's always the left that doesn't.

So, I'm thinking that it probably is a left over from where I've placed New Flora in, over the top of MM, and that's ok, I can deal with that, but thought I'd show it here in case anyone else has the same issue - OR - it's not a MM / NF issue.  :)

Thank you for the sweet mod, I do like it :)