News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining Advanced - v1.2 (updated 22May2017)

Started by Discrepancy, May 15, 2017, 03:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

I have finished the silver mine models. I am still yet to code that properly though into the mod.
Most of it is is mapped out though, so I don't think too many surprises.

And lately today, I have been spending hours upon hours just altering the UI boxes of the mines:

My goodness! what a task.

Slowly but surely I am getting there.

Nilla

Discrepancy

DS Industry Mining in the North

beta01

I am releasing the mod as a beta release for now as I still feel the mod might be missing something.... plus there is no doubt a few bugs and things I've overlooked.

you must be using it with The North v6.1 (beta - latest version of the north available here)
place this mod below the North in the mod list.

**I will add info here about what the mod includes later (it's been a long day).

I suggest reading the in-game tool-tips (within toolbar menu buttons as well as the actual build UI's - hover over elements for production texts & more)

Download the beta version from here.
(DSBlastFurnaceAdvTheNorth_beta01_03052018.zip   54.9 MB)

Nilla

Thank you! I will add this mod later to my present game, if there´s space enough on this small map. But first I want to understand the happiness-system. I´m far from that yet! ;) :P

Discrepancy

ok,

so far I have come across a few bugs (nothing game-breaking) that I have fixed:

- the Battery Coke Oven was wrongly only taking 1 coal instead of 4 to create the 4 coke

- incorrect production numbers in the Oil Kiln - tallow cost was too high, lowered to 2 tallow (was 4) + 1 firewood to become better value than nordic log house workshop

- incorrect production numbers in the Press Shed - Seed Oil cost raised to 15 (was 4) for 18-24 seed oil, Lamp Oil cost raised to 8 (was 4) for 9 lamp oil

- various incorrect string texts.

download new beta02 from here
(DSBlastFurnaceAdvTheNorth_beta02_04052018.zip   54.9 MB)

Rather than post it all in many places, I am compiling all info about what this mod adds to a different part of my own website here. I am currently adding info to it, so you will have to check back regularly.

As for continued additions, I think I would still like to add a few more things to the mod.
I noticed I have also not added (and turns out not made) the resource models yet for the silver ore (they are using the iron ore models).
I also have not made building-unique radius circles for the flax farmer buildings.
I am also still unsure about all of the happiness effects and if so many of the buildings should have them...

Nilla

QuoteRather than post it all in many places, I am compiling all info about what this mod adds to a different part of my own website here. I am currently adding info to it, so you will have to check back regularly.
I can understand, that it´s tedious to publish the same information on many places, so this is a good solution. I would aprieciate, if you could make a small post here on WOB after you´ve made some new imprtant additions on your web page.

tuggistar

Discrepancy there are any plans when in this mod you can play without mod The North. When it's about possible.

Tom Sawyer

Great to have this set ready to test parallel to the north beta. I loaded it today for a first look in the current version and will make a little play through later. Nice idea with the monuments. About happiness I also think that some of the buildings should be rather neutral. For example the water powered lumber mill, free from emissions I don't think it should detract happiness. On the other side I was surprised that people were keen to visit the old silver mine. Maybe looking for some silver nuggets.^^

What I also wanted to say, at first glance I see no reason why it should not work without North. I loaded it in a pure vanilla game and everything seem to work. Only status bar and such is not shown for new flags. In CC it should also work since we have exchanged some flags to solve storage conflicts and to avoid doubled versions of add-on mods. I don't have enough free space right now to load CC. There might be balancing issues but no serious conflicts. Probably DS knows it better or someone can just try it. :)

tuggistar

In the mod of DS Industry Mining in The North I looked there there is a theme with the railroad. And to expand the railroad as it is possible, or separately. The new industry in mod I liked, :) waiting to appear separately from the north.

tuggistar

I know about RED's railroad mod. But it has not been updated for a long time and is a bit boring. :(

RedKetchup

Quote from: tuggistar on May 13, 2018, 02:39:59 PM
I know about RED's railroad mod. But it has not been updated for a long time and is a bit boring. :(

hehe so sorry ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tuggistar

Quotehehe so sorry ^^
I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you, :( just to add more variety of trains. And decorative rails to be built on a variety and extreme. :)

Discrepancy

I have already expanded upon the railways I've added significantly than was in first version.
Though I have a couple more pieces and a couple more carts I want to make, plus I need to fix the corners of the tracks which sit between 2-tiles, this will be in the next beta version, but beyond that, I have no more plans to expand it. I love the Choo Choo mod and think it has good potential to be played with this mod, I've never made a 3d train model and I don't want to start yet as my backlog is still pretty long.
The railways in this mod were always an added extra.

Once I am happy with this release and finalized I will make the necessary changes for it to be played without the North.

tuggistar

Quote from Discrepancy
QuoteOnce I am happy with this release and finalized I will make the necessary changes for it to be played without the North.
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to play North. ;D