News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Where you live ?

Started by RedKetchup, June 29, 2014, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

If you drew a line between the southernmost part of Lake Michigan and the westernmost part of Lake Erie, I'd be a few miles from the middle of that line.  I've spent most of my life within an hour's drive of one or the other of the Great Lakes, save for a brief sojourn in Kentucky for graduate school.

RedKetchup

i only have 1 team, and it is an hockey team. i dont support any other sport.
and my hockey team is Boston Bruins since i was 8 years old (1971) i never followed another team.
when i started to follow hockey, the Boston Bruins were THE big best team of the moment and was the team that won Stanley Cup
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

angainor88

Woo! Go Bruins!

(though I am also partial towards the Blades, Boston's Women's Team).

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on September 19, 2017, 07:32:29 AM
Woo! Go Bruins!

(though I am also partial towards the Blades, Boston's Women's Team).

bruins mascott is named Blades ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

LadyMarmalade

I've been browsing through the various threads on here and came across this one. I hadn't realised the brits were so under-represented!

I am currently living in Cumbria, UK, on the edge of the Lake District National Park. https://www.google.com/destination?q=cumbria,+uk&client=firefox-b&site=search&output=search&dest_mid=/m/05fc4fh&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9zt3rxt_bAhWJBsAKHayVBZwQ69EBCFMoADAC#dest_mid=/m/05fc4fh&tcfs=EhoaGAoKMjAxOC0wNy0wNRIKMjAxOC0wNy0wOQ

A beautiful part of the UK but the weather is typically british - mostly wet and windy!
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Willows

I'm in the Bread Basket of California! We call it that, because this area provides like, 70% or so of the food for most of the US and a lot of our food export to other countries comes from here too. Miles of farmland here. Oil fields too.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

Hawk

I'm in a little town about 40 miles north of Atlanta, GA. I've lived in Georgia since '74. Prior to that I lived in and around Los Angeles and outside of Chicago, but I was born in Ohio.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

adelegarland

I'm in Sunny San Diego California.  I hate the sun and the beach...   but the weather is fantastic!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

rkelly17

Quote from: adelegarland on June 19, 2018, 07:53:27 AM
I'm in Sunny San Diego California.  I hate the sun and the beach...   but the weather is fantastic!

You live in San Diego and hate the sun and beach??? Oh dear. San Diego does have about the best weather anywhere. I grew up in Southern California and lived there until 1985, mostly in the San Gabriel Valley, when I moved here, to Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. I really miss the sun and beach. If you go to the shore of Lake Erie or Lake Huron and squint, it sort of looks like the beach, but the smell isn't right. And late in November when the sun hasn't broken through the clouds for three weeks my Southern California soul gets very dark, too. That's when I force myself to think about things that make Canada a good place to live. And we will be going to Morro Bay, CA, to be with family in August, so I'll get my fix of ocean and California style Mexican food.

Willows

I live inland from Morro Bay.
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

rkelly17

Quote from: Willows on June 19, 2018, 11:38:20 AM
I live inland from Morro Bay.

You lucky, lucky person! I love that whole area. It is all beautiful in a very uniquely California way.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Hawk on June 19, 2018, 06:31:48 AM
I'm in a little town about 40 miles north of Atlanta, GA. I've lived in Georgia since '74. Prior to that I lived in and around Los Angeles and outside of Chicago, but I was born in Ohio.
I was born in Akron, Ohio!

Hawk

Quote from: Goblin Girl on June 28, 2018, 06:18:11 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 19, 2018, 06:31:48 AM
I was born in Akron, Ohio!

Me too. The Peoples Hospital.  ;D
I think it's now called Akron General.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Goblin Girl

Me too!  Gosh, it's a small world.
I graduated from Cuyahoga Falls High School.  I left town right after that and have only been back about 3 times in the last 40+ years.  The last time was in 2001, to bury my mother. 

Hawk

I left there when I was about 2. Been back several times in the last few years to see relatives, and to bury my grandmother.

Indeed it is a small world.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]