News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What is this blank entry in my trade post?...

Started by joey3155, July 24, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey3155

So I have the following mods enabled (From top to bottom)...

Better Harvesting
Decorative Items Pack
Better Stockpile Storage
DS Ale House
DS Blast Furnace and Industry Mining Advanced
DS Bridge Crossing
DS Celtic House
DS Crest Blacksmith
DS Jetty and Bridge
DS Small Village - Homes
DS Wagon Vendor
DS Small Village - Production
DS Small Village - Services
DS Small Village - Storage
DS Stone Hovels
DS Storage
DS TownHouses
DS Tunnels
Citizen Modifications
The Fountain Mod Lite
Fast Road Mod Test
DS Roads
Specialized Trading Posts
Months
Greener Environments
UI Improvements: Maps
Extra Leather
Grass Guardian
Big Horny Animals
Fish Farm
Tombstone Removal
Map Generator Plus
Better Fields
Better Rain Sound
Call of Nature Soundtrack
Citizen Skin - Dunmer
Destroyable & Unlimited Mines & Quarries
Fishing Dock +25%
Medieval Town 2.04
Forget About Orchard
Mine & Quarry Pickup Fix
Specialized Stockpiles (Wait, don't I have this in another mods?...)
Stone Bridge
Time is Money
Tree Growth and Life
Flatten Terrain Tool

In the Raw Materials Specialized trading post I have a blank entry on the custom orders tab and in the inventories of traders. An item is blank but I don't know which one it is and I'm not sure how to find out.

Whatever it is the Raw Materials merchant is the one who is carrying it if it helps.

brads3

these are a pain to narrow down. you can tryloading the compatibility 1.07 mod from BL and see if it overrides and fixes the issue. load file and then debug and make all items visible and scroll through the inventore to see if it is still there. you can also debug and hope it puts the blank in the order to try and narrow it down alphabetically.i would bet it is due to a 1.06-1.07 flag change. an old mod is conflicting and the compatibility 1.07 should solve it.
it is good to run  a debug test anyhow to see if there are double tags. say you have 2 types of flax or maple sap. the different types are not usually interchangeable.i am using necora's pine od and the maple sap is different than CC. so i have my tonwhalll lists it twice.i can't boil CC sap with the pine mod sap boiler.is handy to know that so a player doesn't build the wrong building.

QueryEverything

I personally wouldn't use the debug tool, and certainly don't use the "make all items visible" - you are asking for a very large headache - that makes all items visible, that's hundreds of lines of items to sort through.

Whilst there is no easy way to sort through a missing string @joey3155 I normally do a 'process of elimination' - or, a fun bit - play in debug mode, and build all the building relating to the item that is missing - in your case, any building that brings in Raw Materials. :)

Spam some workers, spam 1 of each building and go through until you find the missing item - that's the fun way.  :D

----

Most often, these are caused by either the mod missing a code string somewhere, which is easily fixed, OR, a mod order that may not be working correctly, and again easily fixed. 

You can narrow your search down - Raw Materials are normally brought by CC and more advanced mods, so you can forget about a few of yours.

Try with the DS mods first, then work through the other production chains - see what happens - at the very least you will get a feel for the mods you're using, and get some good game time in, and it's much, much quicker than reading lines and lines of ingame lines, when it's often hard to compare it against something else entirely.

-----
Lastly - are they the only mods you have?  And are they definitely the way they are enabed?
If yes on both accounts, I would suggest a few changes, moving a couple around, just off the top of my head may help - but, game time first.  :)

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

joey3155

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 24, 2017, 04:36:44 PM
I personally wouldn't use the debug tool, and certainly don't use the "make all items visible" - you are asking for a very large headache - that makes all items visible, that's hundreds of lines of items to sort through.

Whilst there is no easy way to sort through a missing string @joey3155 I normally do a 'process of elimination' - or, a fun bit - play in debug mode, and build all the building relating to the item that is missing - in your case, any building that brings in Raw Materials. :)

Spam some workers, spam 1 of each building and go through until you find the missing item - that's the fun way.  :D

----

Most often, these are caused by either the mod missing a code string somewhere, which is easily fixed, OR, a mod order that may not be working correctly, and again easily fixed. 

You can narrow your search down - Raw Materials are normally brought by CC and more advanced mods, so you can forget about a few of yours.

Try with the DS mods first, then work through the other production chains - see what happens - at the very least you will get a feel for the mods you're using, and get some good game time in, and it's much, much quicker than reading lines and lines of ingame lines, when it's often hard to compare it against something else entirely.

-----
Lastly - are they the only mods you have?  And are they definitely the way they are enabed?
If yes on both accounts, I would suggest a few changes, moving a couple around, just off the top of my head may help - but, game time first.  :)

These aren't the only mods I have but they are all of the mods that are currently enabled. I listed them from beginning of load order to end. I have alot more mods but are either disabled or in a separate WinData folder as backups.

TheOtherMicheal

This can happen when two mods offer the same product but are not quite compatible - the controlling mod stops the name and icon from being displayed but the product is still available from the traders. It can often be fixed by something as simple as rearranging the mod order.
However it can be a pain to figure out what mods are offering the same product.  ???

I usually go through the townhall menu to try and locate the missing name so that it shows in alphabetical order and that way I can hopefully get some idea of what the product is and what mod it's from.
It's also worthwhile... sometimes... to compare the price of the item to try and figure out what it is. For example, in a current game, I have exactly the problem you are having but I know the product is probably alcohol because it is alphabetically located within R on the townhall menu and it is priced at 10 per unit, which falls into the same category as some of the Rhum varieties offered by CC and some other mods.

I'll say it again, if you don't have a lot of mods, sometimes the solution is as simple as rearranging your mod order.

RedKetchup

haha checking the list... it certainly doesnt come from me.... even if you have a huge list of mod, you only use medieval town 2.04 from me (and decorative item pack ?) which are 2 mods that have been done 24-34 months ago and certainly fixed since minimum 2 years ago ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I see no mod from me in the list so it is not one of my mods either its seems.
So you see no text and no icon?

There are a lot of mods listed what should not add raw materials like all those extra 25% mods
less Rain, flatten terrain, storage piles, Big Horney Animals? (What on earth is that? LOL Someone modded some dinosaurs?

I would start with disabling Fountain mod Lite to see if it fixes it. That mod is rather old and make no use of the new flags/limits.

I see only DS mods what adds raw materials in the list besides Red's NMT but Red said his NMT is fine.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

That's what I was thinking @RedKetchup & @embx61 :) 

@TheOtherMicheal is right using the Town Hall can also help, and certainly neater than the view all option in the bug option.
But if you're unlucky and it's a 2 value, within an A etc, then I think you do need to spam a few buildings.

Definitely start with the DS buildings - have a look in the release order of his.  I know that he released his and updated his over a few weekends, I am wondering if maybe you may have missed an update - or, missed a hint on the mod load order.
I don't have the list in front of me to check what it needs to be in, but check the mod file dates (his are all zipped I believe, so the file itself will be his final released date), so perhaps enable them in that order?

Your mod order does need a few tweaks, I'm happy to help you out if you're interested once you've sorted out which rogue Raw Material is bugging out.  :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

grammycat

I did read in the discussion thread on DS Production that it needed to be placed above all his other mods to work properly.  Try that and see if it helps any.  Also you have some older mods that are supposedly not compatible past Banished 1.04:  Tree Growth and Life, Fountain Lite, and Map Generator Plus is no longer supported and can cause crashes when used with NMT 2.04.
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/629-Map-Generator#comments

joey3155

Tried placing DS Production top blank entry is still there...

Could it be I'm using the advanced version of DS Blast Furnace and Industry Mining but not The North? I had DS BF & IM installed with The North but the latter caused Banished to hang and slowed my system down so greatly I couldn't call task manager to kill Banished. So when I rebooted I simply removed The North from the mod order entirely and went on to use DS Blast Furnace and Industry Mining along with the other mods.

EDIT: Disabled Fountain Mod Lite. No joy *Sad face*...

EDIT 2: I think I found it! So I had bought 10 units of "product X" hoping that I could figure out what it was. So I sold off those old units and disabled DS Blast Furnace and Industry Mining. And the game crashed. I'm gonna restart Banished and put the baisc version in it's place and see what it does. Game crashed again after swapping advanced version for basic which is what I was hoping it would do. I'm gonna start a new town with the basic version of the mod and see if the blank entry reappears.

QueryEverything

@joey3155 possibly - I know Discrepancy did code the mods differently as The North processes items slightly differently.

If it is the case, you may have a problem, I don't know if you can swap the versions mid-map.  You could try deleting all DS buildings, selling all DS items, then enabling the new mod (disabling the existing one).  Making sure you have saves, and backups.

You may well have answered your own question :D But - only trial and error will tell you :)

grammycat

Joey-you saved me a possible problem too.  I had disabled CC but forgot to disable DS Blast Furnace, so thank you for the reminder.

joey3155

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 25, 2017, 07:01:40 AM
@joey3155 possibly - I know Discrepancy did code the mods differently as The North processes items slightly differently.

If it is the case, you may have a problem, I don't know if you can swap the versions mid-map.  You could try deleting all DS buildings, selling all DS items, then enabling the new mod (disabling the existing one).  Making sure you have saves, and backups.

You may well have answered your own question :D But - only trial and error will tell you :)

Whatever it is it shows up in Raw Materials trader and Finished Goods trader. And in the Town Hall between P's and R's, between my potato and roots. Eh, I switched from Blast Furnace advanced and to the basic one thinking that the switch and starting a new town would help. It doesn't... Should I be concerned? I went through all the mods and tested each structure I can make whatever I want and so long as I don't do something drastic and play normally the game is perfectly stable...

Could part of my problem be I have 1.0.7 beta 2 and not beta 3? I didn't even know beta 3 was out till I checked it just now. Also can you install beta 3 over a beta 2 installation I only see the 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 beta 3 patch.

Quote from: grammycat on July 25, 2017, 07:16:25 AM
Joey-you saved me a possible problem too.  I had disabled CC but forgot to disable DS Blast Furnace, so thank you for the reminder.

No problem happy to have helped. :D

brads3

i don't think you need to be too concerned as long as the game doesn't error out on you.no offence ,but to me the mod order is confusing.i would put the start condition mods high in the oder and any mod that is white with no conflict to the bottom. this will give you a smaller group of mods to search for problems in. the other thing that might help is,if you click on the minimize icon on the mod in the mod order ,it will show what mods conflict with it.this can be useful info.like i have the forget bout orchard and forever tree mod. when i added the updated nat div,it showed a conflict with those mods so i knew to move them in the order.it also lists file conflicts so i knew the orchard had to be above the forever tree mod and they both will work.

TheOtherMicheal

@joey3155 it is not something to be concerned about if you are thinking that it might cause instability, crashes and so on - it will not, it's just a missing name and icon. I have had this exact problem with one town and I've had the town running for about 120 years. Unless it's a product that is needed for some production chain, it's not likely to cause your town any problems if you never buy it from the trader either.
As something of a disclaimer, there's plenty of mods in my load order that I haven't fully used yet, I haven't built every single production chain that I could but even with that in mind, I do not believe it will cause any instability - the game and production chains still recognize it, it just doesn't have a label on it so that I can recognize it  :(