News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ostriv - a new city-building game in development

Started by yevheniy, October 01, 2016, 07:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancientmuse

The game is looking amazing so far.

Visuals are definitely a two-thumbs up !

I think it's a great idea to enable players to customize their buildings, decor, etc... it's a great middle-ground compromise if no modding will be available.  We city builders tend to enjoy the eye candy as much as the economic/strategy aspect of city builder games.

So being able to choose different patterns, textures, colours, etc for various things can keep the game interesting with the ability to customize whatever look each individual player prefers to have for themselves (we all have different tastes and likes/dislikes).  The more choices, the better !

One way to keep a game interesting is to have a ton of different building choices for homes, production, commerce, resource gathering, decor etc... as well as adding new buildings and production lines and different gaming style options along the way for months and years to come to keep the game new and refreshing.

That's why modding is so popular these days, people get tired of the same old same old after a while and want new things to keep adding new interest to the game.

Keep up the great work !

;D

yevheniy

Thanks, guys, for your support! And now I need a bit more of it:)

Ostriv is now on Steam Greenlight!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

calli74

You got my vote. It's already on my Christmas list :)

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

DesoPL

Any news about Ostriv? I saw videos on youtube and damn. My jaw went down and drools hard, i can't wait getting it on steam! If removing greenlight might not make any more troubles, since valve removed greenlight, and replace it with steam direct.

yevheniy

DesoPL

Quote from: yevheniy on July 14, 2017, 07:07:44 AM
Quote from: DesoPL on July 14, 2017, 06:23:46 AMAny news about Ostriv?
It's on closed gameplay testing now. You can still apply: http://ostrivgame.com/testers-wanted/

Sended and waiting. :)

Allthough, i am not the best with reviews. xD

PredatorBeing

According to a facebook post, he is gearing towards a public alpha soon.

DesoPL

Any idea how to download new alpha builds? I can only from humble bundle download old one.

elemental

Ostriv is available on Steam (and other places too), early access. It isn't finished but it is playable.

The game is a lot more detailed than Banished. For example, crop fields can be ploughed (optional - and you need ploughs and work animals) and crops need to be rotated or the fields will run out of nutrients. Carts and wagons are a thing in this game, and they eventually break down and need to be repaired. Animals need to be fed, and if you don't have food for them they die. And one very big difference - there is no grid.

It looks great and the music is nice too.

Take a look on YouTube if you think you might be interested.

theonlywanderer

Can tell you right now, all info windows need to be compact and floating...  able to be kept on screen and moved wherever wanted.  Banished is great about this.