News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Reeds v. 1.1 standalone

Started by jesta030, July 08, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesta030

Reeds v. 1.1 standalone

Adds reeds to the game growing close to water. The plants can be harvested to give reeds that act as fuel.
This version is incompatible with Bartender's 'Natural Diversity' mod.

For the version compatible with Natural Diversity see http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1843

Update 1.1

• added raw material reeds, can be harvested with "Remove Resources" tool, gives reeds that act as fuel
  • polishing: snow, swaying in the wind
  • split into two versions: standalone and + NatDiv

Download
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=327

QueryEverything

@jesta030 great work on your new mod, well done!!! :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Yes, great! They look a little like small bamboo.
Ever thought of a chinese/eastern forest?  ;)

adelegarland

These look great in the game, but have removed the grasses/thatch from Natural Diversity...  I've been playing with the load order and so far I'm not getting them to work together.  It appears that the reeds need to be loaded before the Natural diversity in order to work, they will not show up if loaded after the Nat Div.  But when they load prior to Nat Div, they cancel out the Nat Div.  :-\
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

yeah only 1 starting condition can be loaded at the time, i think
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@jesta030 I tried this standalone reeds on a test map and it is very nice.  It adds a nice splash of color in the winter, year round too, it is a nice shade of green.  I was concerned at first because it was not being taken to the houses for use so I stopped the wood chopper and when firewood supply got low, the bannies did take the reeds home.  So it is a nice decorative addition to the map plus a good source of firewood when needed most.  Well done.

adelegarland

@jesta030    I love this mod, but it crashes with Necora and Tany's Flax Patch and  New Pine Flora.....    I hope its just a load order issue, but I've tried all kinds of different load orders and can't get it working... Please make it work!!   I really want these beautiful reeds. 

jesta030

@adelegarland what's the error you get when the game crashes? Have you tried the + NatDiv Version? Same result?

@Abandoned I think the storage is listed alphabeticaly and the Banis just start at the top of the list and take the first fuel they encounter so to make them take reeds before firewood or coal I could only rename the raw material to "areeds" :) . Thats also why they prefer coal over Firewood.

Abandoned

@jesta030 interesting, it is fine as is.  :)  I haven't tried it but there are mods so they won't burn coal, that would be good to use with these nice reeds then.  Making note.

adelegarland

Quote from: jesta030 on July 13, 2017, 05:26:09 PM
@adelegarland what's the error you get when the game crashes? Have you tried the + NatDiv Version? Same result?
Which NatDiv do you mean? I use the full NatDiv, not the light.  and have to list it in the load order just after Flax Patch, New pine Flora and Pine Set (necora) in order for those to function together.  The error I get pops up so fast but I think its a sharing violation?  Don't quote me on that.
By the way, I'm using the mod "reeds+NatDiv"

Abandoned

@jesta030 there is another problem with the reeds, must be the flag.  It is not showing as fuel or firewood on the statistic info list or in the town hall production limits either.  The total only shows up in inventory lists. They are used as firewood and look good.  :)

LadyMarmalade

Sorry to resurrect this post but my query is directly relevant to it.

Im trying to work out a mod order which would allow me to use RK Editors Choice, New Flora and this Standalone Reeds mod. I've tried various orders. So far I havent been able to sort them so that copper, reeds, flax AND flowers all spawn. The closest I can get is by having this order:-

New Flora
Reeds Standalone
RK Editors choice.

In this order I get the copper, flax and reeds but flowers don't spawn.

I know very little about mods and modding and all the technical stuff but it occurs to me that perhaps I'm trying to do something that isn't working because perhaps these mods just CAN'T all work together. Maybe they are both using the same file or something so it has to be a choice..  I hope that makes sense?

If anyone can confirm this so I dont waste any more time trying all different permutations I would be very grateful!
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

brads3

not possable.  various start mods together becomes a give and take. you could add the CC dock set with the reed farm.that wont grow reeds all over the map. you could add the NAT DIIV with reeds if your comp can handle it.most bog down with the graphics.even then you wont get copper ore and reeds.it would also change the fodder and flowers to thatch.

LadyMarmalade

Thanks again, Brad. I suspected that was the case but wasn't sure. I appreciate your help. :)
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.