News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Please Play and Test Rebalanced Colonial Charter -- Beta Version 1.

Started by smurphys7, December 16, 2019, 08:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurphys7

Colonial Charter Balance Patch Beta Version 1

Download Links:

Colonial Charter

Balance Patch

Install: Put both into your WinData folder.  The contents should look like this.  You might have other mods in that folder, too.  That's just fine.

If you're using Steam, probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Banished\WinData. Non Steam builds default to
C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software\Banished\WinData

Place the patch ABOVE Colonial Charter.  I recommend not using any other mods for now.

Enable both mods.  It will show a conflict.  That is NORMAL.

See this picture for example of how things should look.

Turn on the mods, let Banished reload.  Then CLOSE the game and reopen the game.  Anytime you add mods or removed mods to Banished you want to close the game and reopen it.

Overall Goal: Better Balance, not perfect balance.

This patches goal: Test general concept.  Does this work and is this a step in the right direction?

What you should do:

Play the game.  Do whatever you want.  Does it work and does it seem fair and balanced?

Start new towns. I don't believe good things will happen if you load a town made without the patch. I'm not sure how it would work or not work.

Virtually all town options should be similarly viable:

Make tons of bread?  Do it.
Use Firebundles?  Do it.
Make a town that focuses on Mining?  Do it.  Dig for gold.  Have an army of slave stonecutters.  Be a coal mining dystopia.
Make ANYTHING into Building Supplies or Homewares?  Do it.  All should work great.
Butcher all the animals!
Preserve all the food in anyway you want.
ALMOST Anything should be a viable option.

You shouldn't have to look at the spreadsheet to ask "is this a viable choice".  Everything should be viable.

Here's a link to the spreadsheets anyway.  Checkout the Food NEW, Resources NEW, and Refined NEW tab.  Changes are shown highlighted in blueish gray.

If something seems too good or too bad, let me know.  Right now everything should be "pretty darn good."  Perhaps everything is slightly too good.  You might make too many Pots, Bread, Ropes, Glass, Bread etc.

Known Issues: 

Some of the "Recipes" will have INCORRECT information of what is used.  I didn't update that yet.  I didn't touch Animal Pens, Military Stuff, nor Trade Buildings (Chartered Co, Bootlegger etc.) yet.

Things to do:

Update Recipe Dropdown descriptions.  Some of those are wrong.

Remove Bronze Tools.  They are more effective than Steel Tools, cheaper, and cost Bronze.  Maybe make a replacement of some kind?

Redo some default item limits: Construction, Furnace Fuel etc.

Change order of some recipes: Waterwheel Sawmill to Firewood by default.

Consider changing building costs and Home Warmth factors.

Consider adding a cost to mining.  Burn Candles/Lamp Oil to Mines.

Thanks to Banished for being an amazing game.  Thanks to the people at BlackLiquid for making Colonial Charter.  It is super amazing.  Special thanks for Kraylerg for compiling everything into the mod so we can all play it.

Glenn

I tried to download the patch but windows blocked it.

It contains a virus  --  Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Nilla

I will not have so much time to play for the next few weeks but if there´s no virus on the patch after Christmas, I´ll be happy to try it then.

kid1293

Admin

Quote from: Glenn on December 16, 2019, 08:40:47 PM
I tried to download the patch but windows blocked it.

It contains a virus  --  Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

I just downloaded and scanned both linked files and found no issues.

RedKetchup

just downloaded and unzipped. got no virus warning. i am with avast.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Glenn

I tried to download it again this morning and it was blocked again.

Perhaps Windows Security is picking up something that your's is missing.

Again it shows

Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

tuggistar

On top of megamod can or not? I have a megamod working better than a bunch of individual files with same amount of mods.

Glenn

The full alert is

Threat detected: Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl
Alert level: Severe
Date:18/12/2019 11:57am
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected items"

file: C:\Users\Glenn\Downloads\CCRebalanced.7z

webfile: C:\Users\Glenn\Downloads\CCRebalanced.7z|https://doc-0o-8c-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/lpf4gjnecotj2ki8r78i2i409si3s31h/1576627200000/07412861551926226204/*/1WKSv2JhkpadYtp7D4dZFIjp_QoniHA28?e=download|pid:11180,ProcessStart:132211028397101946

Glenn

Thank you for your replies

I have never had this problem before with any of my Banished downloads and am puzzled why you can download it and I can't.

Would one of you please be kind enough to attach the pkm file to a reply so I may try downloading it again.

Windows gives me the option to allow the file but I don't want to risk it  --  just in case

All my best

kralyerg

Glenn

Thank you,

The pkm  file downloaded perfectly this time.

My windows security updates every day, sometime twice a day and it has never let me down.

Admin

Quote from: Glenn on December 17, 2019, 07:19:17 PM
Thank you,

The pkm  file downloaded perfectly this time.

My windows security updates every day, sometime twice a day and it has never let me down.

I scanned it with McAfee, DOD version; Vipre, and Windows Security and none came back with any warning or infection.
Your warning looks like a google drive redirector malware.  What browser did you use?

smurphys7

Quote from: tuggistar on December 17, 2019, 05:03:29 PM
On top of megamod can or not? I have a megamod working better than a bunch of individual files with same amount of mods.

It might work like that.  I have no idea.  Give it a try.  My guess is there will be some issues of options missing.

It might wipe away lots of Megamod options.  I don't know if Megamod has more options for things like Sugar, Potts, Homewares, Building Supplies, etc.