News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

The Village Beach is looking good!  I am so glad you are making this.  It's fine that the Bannies go to the beach in their clothes- they are modest.  :)

RedKetchup

i know those things that hug rivers arent easy since the constant change in every river..
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

A revised version.

I lowered the sand on the edges to see what it looks like. More wood is showing but not too bad I think.
To make it all natural so the sand flows into the Banished green grass is just beyond my abilities so the wooden wall was the only option.

The good part is about 16 more tiles are about flat so more room to place some deco on those tiles.
The ghosted deco can only be placed on the flat part as placed on the slope it will start to float.
What you guys and dolls think?

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_10_08_18_9_56_01.jpeg
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Quote from: galensgranny on August 10, 2018, 09:31:58 PM
The Village Beach is looking good!  I am so glad you are making this.  It's fine that the Bannies go to the beach in their clothes- they are modest.  :)

:)
The idea came up when I was working on the sandpit. Wiscoke mentioned it too so here we go.
Even when I had the meshes of the bannies so I could put swim trunks on some of them the game would still not know who is in for a swim and who not so still bannies go for a swim with clothes on and others go shopping/working in swim trunks. :)

brads3

now i know where all the gold is going.the bannies work hard to haul the gold and marble out, and the royal lords are having beach parties....

it does look good,EB.

embx61

Wherever the gold is going it is not in my pockets.  :( ;D

Another teaser. Later today I start with adapting a copy of the Resort Deco so they fit the beach.
http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_10_08_18_10_45_48.jpeg

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Oh, that is fantastic, what fun it will be  :)

embx61

Adapted the Resort Deco set so the pieces are on the right height for the Beach Deco Set.
Some small touch ups and then the build stages and AO mapping and it should be ready for release.

I had to go back to the last save as the flattening of the sand at the walls did not work. Part of the hole came through.

I can compile  the beach and beach deco in one set or have them separated.
Because of the odd depth (About -52 below ground) those pieces will not fit anywhere on the map besides the beach unless very lucky at some parts of the map so maybe compile in one set is the better option as without the beach part the deco is of no use.

I don't care which way. Now they are separated but it will not take much time to combine them if players rather have them in one pkm.

Pic of beach with some beach deco pieces placed. Take a little break and then start building stages and AO mapping.
http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/474_11_08_18_11_52_50.jpeg
Re: EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Abandoned

Very nice  :) I think deco pieces should be combined with the beach, all in one mod.  :)  Very convenient and 1 less mod in list.

embx61

I agree @Abandoned.

If I keep them separated players will download it without the beach pkm and then find out if the place some pieces on the map beside the beach they sink in the ground and go What on earth is this?  :)

I kept the Quarry resort deco separated because they can be used about everywhere on the map so are not really tied in with the Quarry Resort but this is different.

I make 1 button Beach Resort what I will put under EBtoolbar --> Town Services (I think a public beach can go under town services and enough room on that toolbar) and that button opens a toolbar with all the buttons related to the beach.
I normally have the decorations rather under decoration toolbar but in this case it maybe is better to have it all under 1 main button with a few sub toolbars under it so it fits nicely together.

Goblin Girl

I agree it should all be together since the deco pieces can't work without the beach.  It's lovely!

Abandoned

yes, and I also think under town service all together is good idea.  :)  And other deco pieces separate from quarry.  Nice choices.  :)

rkelly17

Very nice beach, @embx61. I'm assuming that there is some happiness boost connected with it. I know that going to the beach makes me much happier.  ;D

embx61

Yes, the beach have a entertainment happiness as long as a vendor is assigned to the beach
The beach act as a small food market too.