News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Windowed Version?

Started by slink, August 04, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Have I missed something, or is this not much good?  In my experience, the only way to re-size the window is to change resolution, and when you move the focus away from the game it automatically pauses itself onto the file access menu.  You are better off using ALT-TAB to switch between full-screen Banished and Notepad, as bad as that is.

tomplum68

I was using the windowed version for a bit myself but my screencaps were distorted (narrow) and it paused for me too.

nmid

The problem with the alt-tabbing is that at times, when you alt-tab, there is a slight distortion/mis-alignment in the mouse pointer... or a small gap forms at the bottom of the play screen.. or you get a black screen, no matter what you do.

Having the windowed version helps in leaving the game running, while you multi-task and do something else while your city is on auto-drive mode, so to speak.

tomplum68

yeah but when i'm in windowed mode and I start to do something else, the game pauses.

nmid

@tomplum68
Iirc, there's a setting in the option menu to let it continue running in the background.

slink

@nmid: Well, duh, there is what I missed.   ;D  Thanks!

nmid

:)
I should have said that in my first reply, oops :p.

Anyway, glad to help.