News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

My Roads are Vanishing!

Started by irrelevant, August 09, 2014, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

From the top of the map down.

Oh, they are still there; you just can't see them. Every time I make more elsewhere on the map, more disappear from up here.

RedKetchup

yeah thats 1 of the 2 bugs with roads, it s an overflow. too many roads. the dirt ones tend to disappear and the stone ones tend to appear everywhere in the map like ghost roads.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I've noticed from reading the forums that it happens on heavily populated large maps, but it might be caused by a large number of roads.  I didn't start playing large maps until 1.0.3, and I haven't played as much since then so I haven't yet seen it myself.

solarscreen

Wow!  Did you report this?  Maybe rogue laborers...  :)
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

Could this be because the game has a maximum number of road tiles programmed into it? I've played games where there is a max on various buildings. Does it happen to paved roads?

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on August 12, 2014, 08:20:03 AM
Could this be because the game has a maximum number of road tiles programmed into it? I've played games where there is a max on various buildings. Does it happen to paved roads?

This is what I am assuming. As the game goes on, presumably as I add additional roads, the band of roadlessness creeps further down the map from the top.

Don't know about paved roads, I have very few on this map, 98% dirt.

mariesalias

Are the roads invisible? Or is it like you never laid them?

RedKetchup

paved road overflow exists too but it bugs differently, you see everywhere in every tiles a 'ghost paved road' like in this screenshot (Geronimo old screenshot before i delete alot of 'actual' roads to get under the number of tiles that cause the overflow)

slink

Does this play hob with pathing, or is it just a graphical effect?

RedKetchup

only graphical, if they wouldnt, no trees or gatherers foods would be able to ' appear' and 'grow'

mariesalias

That is an interesting-looking bug. I would imagine it would be very annoying.