Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mathieuso Stone Bridge Version 1

Started by slink, November 04, 2014, 10:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

Mathieuso Stone Bridge Version 1

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=29

This is actually as much mine as theirs, but I did start with their FBX file so they get credit too.

The mod contains a left-hand side, which is more properly the north or west side, and a right-hand side, which is more properly a south or east side.  Or so it seemed to me.  It also contains a decking piece which can substitute for the entire bridge if you prefer to skip deciding which side to put on which.

slink

You'll all have to download it again, I am afraid.  I edited the batch file to change the name of the package put out by the compiler, but that was not enough to connect the compiled files to buttons.  For that, I had to change the other line and also one file name.

Example:

I had worked on the mod under the name Stone_Bridge.  The batch file to compile this was:

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Stone_BridgeResources.rsc /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Stone_Bridge /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled

and I had a line in Package.src that read:

PackageFile Stone_Bridge

I wanted to distribute it under the name Mathieuso_Stone_Bridge, so I changed the file to:

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Stone_BridgeResources.rsc /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Mathieuso_Stone_Bridge /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled

and changed that line in Package.src to read:

PackageFile Mathieuso_Stone_Bridge

It seemed to me that everything should compile and be packaged under the new name, and it was, but nothing was on the toolbar.  In order for the toolbar to be linked to the mod under its new name, I had to edit the batch file to say:

bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build Mathieuso_Stone_BridgeResources.rsc /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:Mathieuso_Stone_Bridge /pathres ../Stone_Bridge /pathdat ../Stone_Bridge/compiled

and rename Stone_BridgeResources.rsc to Mathieuso_Stone_BridgeResources.rsc

which only makes sense if the name of the Resources file has to be the same as the name on the first line of Package.rsc in order for the toolbar entries to be created.  Since everything is already specified in the batch file, it is duplication of effort, but ... oh well.

JimmiG

How does the left-side vs right-side placement work? As far as I know, the game will only allow you to place an entire bridge at once, not build one side first and then the other and finally connect the two pieces.

slink

These are two different bridges, which graphically represent the left-hand and the right-hand halves of one larger bridge.  The are only connected in the fact that the Banished Ones can walk from one bridge to the other if they so choose, because there is nothing to stop them from doing so.  The bridge deck supplies an inner bridge that has no railings, and it therefore can be lined up to the length of your body of water if you so choose.  Banished Ones will happily run around on the resulting surface.

Denis de la Rive

Got to try it, I really like the modular approach, now you can build it any size you want, and for those times when stone is scarce piece by piece. You have made this your own and pushed the modding envelope, which makes it even better. Thank you.  :)

slink

Here are two pictures of a three-lane bridge with no handrails.  It was made with three decking pieces.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on November 05, 2014, 06:05:52 AM
Here are two pictures of a three-lane bridge with no handrails.  It was made with three decking pieces.

Now that is a bridge!

Thanks for taking this on.

slink

No problem!  It was fun, and I wanted a stone bridge for myself.  One that allowed multiple lanes was a bonus.

Bobbi

Blinkin

Denis de la Rive

Just thought you might be interested in seeing a wooden bridge upgraded to stone, the modular construction now makes this possible. When you adds roads the irregular end even out nicely, almost as if it was originally constructed this way. :)

slink

Beautiful screen shots.  Thank you!   :)

rkelly17

Another in our on-going series, "What Hath @slink Wrought?"

Two views of the newest five-wide avenue bridge in Media (seriously, that's the name the game came up with).

slink