News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Anno 2070, On sale, Full version + DLC for Euro 12.5.

Started by nmid, August 07, 2014, 09:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

I was just telling another friend of mine about Anno 2070. so copy-pasting from there...

Anno 2070 is a 2012 game
They say Anno 1440 (it's prequel) is better, but I liked the futuristic look of 2070.
I still haven't tried out the Tropico series
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_IE/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.271755500

Releases: 28/03/2013
Regular Price: 49.99EUR
Promo Price: 12.50EUR

It's the full version with all the DLCs.
The DRM + Uplay is a major pain.. Took me 1.5 hours to download the 5 gb.. but took me another 1.5 hours to get the game working.

slink

Oh that looks interesting!  :D  But you have to be connected to them at all times in order to play. :(  Bah humbug. >:(

nmid

That is slightly annoying, but it's not that big of a problem.

As long as your connection is alive when you start and when the (map) ends, you'll get the full points and advantages of the ark.

slink

I don't play single-player games that require an Internet connection.  That has been a growing problem for the past ten or more years, but it's my principle and I'm sticking to it.  If anyone wants to sell me a new single-player game, I have to be able to play it without an Internet connection.

assobanana76

at 2:00 am, after two hours of cursing with Uplay Launcher are finally able to start this game bought in December 2014 and never installed!
absurd! the older version works and the most recent no!  >:(

now let's see what it is ... I have not seen bad there's one thing I do not like that .. the buildings instead of building phases appear to have whole ..
you click and poof! magically appears a building already built!
it is true that in the future certainly the construction techniques will be improved but an entire prefabricated building seems too!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

One of my favourite games. Haven't played it for a year or so, but I'm thinking of installing it again. I have played all the ANNO games, and I like them all.

Two things are especially nice with ANNO2070: It's very good to play without combat and it has something called a domination mode. It's hard to explain what the domination mode is; a kind of multiplayer but no real multiplayer; you play your game alone but still in a team with and against other players; try that when you have learned the basics of the game.

The bad thing is that this U-play launcher and internet compulsion is terrible, (I had troubles on regular basis).

assobanana76

What other "Year" are there? this and 1404?
if I'm not mistaken there are only these on Steam ..
1404 is on my wishlist.

I bought the game with all the DLC. will be thousands of hours of play possible considering the sandbox version!

by the time I created my avatar and my profile name .. then I collapsed from sleep!
although I have not figured out how to save !!

you can confirm me that the buildings appear out of nowhere after a poof! of dust?  :-\

ps.. of course I will be part of ecologists!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Ayashe

Yea i really love the anno series too played a lot have 1404 gold and 2070 complete cant seem to find a version of 1602 and 1701 anymore no one sell's them anymore .
both of 1404 and 2070 have great mods.

assobanana76

where can I found the mods?
Steam has no Workshop!!  :-\

quickly reading on Wikipedia, 1404 and 2070 are Ubisoft, and maybe for this probably are more available.

Nilla

You don't really need any mods to ANNO2070, it's complex enough as it is. Although there is a big mod that improves mainly the science possibilities (forgot the name) that seems quite nice. Most other mods that I heard of are cheats and if you use them at multiplay or conquest, you might be excluded from the game.

2070 is the fifth game of ANNO. As i said I've played them all. The first one 1602 came in the late 1990ies and to me it was something completely new and different.

rkelly17

If you like the Anno series (I really liked the first two, but have not played the later ones--may need to correct that), there is a freeware, open source project called "Unknown Horizons" (http://www.unknown-horizons.org/) which is very much like the early, "Caribbean" based Anno games. I have it and play it every so often. Not a bad game, especially considering the price.

Ayashe

sorry a bit late but this is one of the best has also alot of decorations and stuff like that http://www.anno2170-arrc.de/index.php?language=en this is for 2070
and http://iaam1404.projectanno.de/start_eng.htm is there for 1404 there are some alternetives http://anno-heiho-lp.com/1404/ but that's mostly in german

rkelly17

I was looking into buying Anno 2070 yesterday but noticed A LOT of "thumbs down" reviews because of the Ubisoft on-line launcher which seems to cause a lot of trouble. Several reviewers said that they'd never buy an Ubisoft game again, ever. Some said that the Ubi launcher is even worse than the EA launcher was for Sim City! Can any of you who play Anno 2070 comment on the launcher?

Ayashe

It's a load of bull its just a launger and yes there is drm but who cares if you buy your games legit it wont give you any problems have many hours on anno2070 and so has my son and we never had any problems. With and without mods. And that price is realy good .Atm i am a bit of Banished adict but will soon be playing anno again too hehe

Nilla

I can confirm that the Ubi launcher causes a lot of problem. It was the reason that I uninstalled the game and haven't played it for a year or so. Sometimes it works OK but than suddenly, you cannot start the game or you cannot save. As i made a complain at the UBI-support I got a really bad ignorant answer.

It is a great game. I can really recommend it as a game but you must play it online or at least if you want to use all the possibilities of the game. And a lot of people do have problems. I congratulate you @Ayashe if you never had any. You seems to be the first one of which I have heard, who never had any.