News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

We have a clone..

Started by assobanana76, March 04, 2021, 04:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307890/Kingdoms_Reborn/

In Kingdoms Reborn, you lead your people to settle in a rich vast wilderness. Inspired by Banished, Anno, and Civilization, the game features challenging resource management combined with an extensive tech tree and upgrades. With multiplayer, you can cooperate or compete in real-time with your friends in the same open world.
FEATURES

GUIDE YOUR CITIZENS
    Manage your people who have to work, eat, and rest just like us
    MULTIPLAYER
    Play multiplayer or solo. Trade, aid, steal, or compete with your neighbors
    RANDOMIZED OPEN WORLD
    Immerse yourself in a rich, seamless, procedurally-generated world
    7 DISTINCT BIOMES
    Settle in different environments with distinct resources, flora and fauna
    TECH TREE
    Lead your settlement from a tiny village, through eras, transforming it into an advanced civilization
    CARD SYSTEM
    Add dynamics to your gameplay with building, policy, and interaction cards
    MARKET ECONOMY
    Trade with the global market in which prices are influenced by your decisions

I can't understand how it can't infringe copyright!
some things are really identical!

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

theonlywanderer

I don't see it even remotely close to being a clone.   Similar does not equal clone.

There are lots of building games similar to Banished and Banished was hardly the originator of such games.

Goblin Girl

The thing about Banished (vanilla) that's unique in my experience is that you can build anything if you have the resources for it.  Most building games come with an upgrade chain for pretty much everything.  So, to have access to (for example) a weaponsmith, you first have to build a blacksmith and maybe some  other buildings as well.  Whereas in Banished, there are no missions or cut scenes, there's just the blank canvas and you.
This Kingdoms Reborn looks more like Settlers, Age of Wonders, Anno, or even Heroes of Might & Magic than it does like Banished. At least, to me.  And to be honest, I already own all those games and could play them again anytime I want, so I'm not really interested in this new version of the same old thing. Banished is different, exactly because it has no plot and doesn't gate keep what you can build.

Kristahfer

assobanana76

my only experiences as a builder are Patrician III and Port Royal 2 many many years ago .. then Banished arrived and, only recently, a few hours of Cities Skyline .. let's say I'm not really an expert!
I also bought Patrician IV, Port Royal 2 and 3, Grand Ages: Rome, Tropico 4 and Anno 2070 but never opened them!
Banished has stolen my heart!  ;D
At first glance the trailer seemed very similar to me at Banished (also by admission of the creator in the description) but I probably did not consider the game mechanics etc ..  :-[
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Goblin Girl

Oh, no worries, @assobanana76 .  It does have sort of a similar look in the trailer.

purringcat

City games have been around since the original Sim City but it's the players who mod the game that decide how successful the game will become.   Without mods, games just die.   SimCity 4 is still going but it never achieved the playable farm structure that so many of us wanted.   This game is built around farming and I doubt if any other game will create a game that does it better than Banished.   I don't have much time to play games but when I do, it's either Banished or Anno 1800.   

toodyloo

I loved the first person or streetview of rct3 and simcity4 (i think it had it but i'm not sure).  I think that makes the game much more interesting to have first person perspective so we can see through the eyes of the actual characters and where they are going, seeing and doing.

Surviving mars was also a great potential game and I think it also had first person view but it was not as moddable or few mods and that is where it fell short but i really liked that game too.

It used to tickle me when the inhabitants would go into their condos/apartments/houses and you could see them through the window sleeping on their bed, sitting at a table having a meal, at a computer desk or relaxing on a veranda etc. I would have liked a first person perspective.

theonlywanderer

I finally got around to messing with this game.   Obviously there is a learning curve, getting to know the UI and all the pieces.   Right off I think it lacks a bit of refinement and intuitiveness.   You can't build certain pieces until it's researched so you'll need to check out the wiki if you want to see them all right a way.

The priority system is terrible, they really need to fix this for sure.

When it comes to farms, as you select the piece, it has a color coded fertility system for the land so you can't just build farms anywhere you want and expect full production, you'll need to use 100% or better fertility.   The farm max size is also very small.

Storage system is pretty annoying, you find yourself putting them down constantly because each one maxes out at 8x8 squares and doesn't seem to store much.   Also, they will not use anything unless it's in storage first and won't harvest anything if storage isn't available.  This almost killed off my 3rd colony because they wouldn't harvest medicine and sickness was spreading again.

Not really a fan of the card system, makes the game feel like a board game and they just feel out of place and unnecessary because you are completely at the mercy of a random system to give you what you need.   For instance, sickness has already killed off my first two colonies because you have to rely on the BS card system to give you what you need.   So, this card system is what might make me uninstall this game and forget about it.

Kristahfer

Thanks for the review @theonlywanderer . Not a fan of card systems either. Way to limiting.

taniu

;D ;D ;D Banished is the only one in the world !!!, there is no and there will not be such a second game - it is cute - it has its own atmosphere, many different possibilities !!! when building cities, etc. I've been playing it since 2014. Thank you very much to Author Luke for making this simple game and updating to 1.0.7 Build 170910 and many great moderators who took the time and effort to release fantastic mods - an advisor who wrote various stories about the lives of the banished inhabitants   showing different situations etc. - in strategy, war, adventure games - city building - Pharaoh, Anna etc. setting up different farms - I've been playing lately - Farm Together - it's a very colorful game - you can see how plants grow up close or breed beautifully presented animals - there is even a dotted pig or a cow stripes etc, you can invite other farmers to your game to help you with your farm. In games - simulators of everyday life, such as - The Sims 2, 3, 4, etc., when it comes to card games I like to play solitaire only.  Greetings to all fans of different games.

katbarf

IMHO the more city builders the better! I have a metric crapton of them on my wishlist right now, some in EA some not even fleshed out yet. To me this is a GOOD thing! Sure there's going to be some bad ones in there but I'm sure we'll see some gems too.

Cities is the spiritual successor to Sim City and much of it's success is due to working hand in hand with modders. If more developers did this we'd have much better games and better support for those games. Rimworld is the same way too. Developer used to mod himself, has a small team (now up to 7 people), and works with modders to make the game a better experience.

Yes I have this game on my wishlist and if it keeps getting polished I'll purchase it once it's done. Just be careful with any EA game (ton of the city builders on my list are still EA) you can get burned. I have a few times on games that have been promising but then dumped by developers. Only Universim (lawd still in EA after all these years) and Rimworld I will never regret purchasing in early access. Both are great games.