News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Finally, an update from Luke

Started by solarscreen, February 07, 2017, 07:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 10, 2017, 03:01:11 AM
there is hundreds and hundreds of things inside NMT :)

Oops!  :-[ I was going by the list for NMT V-1.02. I just found the list for V-2.04.1.0.6, if that's even the latest, and apparently it doesn't even list everything.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

yeah i dont have a wiki or something :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@Hawk I am the same way with gameplay, I like to pick and choose a group of mods for each map. I got Banished shortly after it came out, played awhile, even tried CC Iron Curtain, then was away from the game for a while and returned, found this site and all great mods.  I still have ones I have not tried (because of all great new mods these guys keep coming up with :))    I thought CC was good but too big back when it was smaller Iron Curtain, haven't tried since. I'm not sure how it will run on this laptop.  I want to try others first.  I have not tried NMT yet but have all possible individual mods from MM.  I was hoping the others separate and that CC might break up smaller but doubt that will happen now. 

Anyways, in a notebook I have a list of all the mods I have with notes on what is in them, what mods should or shouldn't be used with them but its gotten to be a bit of a mess with all new ones added in.  I was thinking of redoing list, updating it with latest versions and info but now am not sure I want to spend all that time.  Just wanted to say there is plenty to enjoy without CC.  I for one do not think I will be updating my game.

Hawk

As I mentioned, I can't run CC on my rig, but I do hope Tom Sawyer takes advantage of whatever Luke does because I do like his The North mod (which I can run - now, anyway  ::) ), but I got a little frustrated with the limits in flags and having to increase limits for one thing to be able to produce something else unrelated.

I have seen a few things in CC (from screenshots) that I would like but I don't really expect the CC team to release a bunch of the CC stuff independently.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

brads3

HAWK,if you find something specific that you would like,please ask. we may know of a mod that might fill a void. there are many mods here and there and some can be difficult to locate with searches.

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2017, 05:54:29 AM
HAWK,if you find something specific that you would like,please ask. we may know of a mod that might fill a void. there are many mods here and there and some can be difficult to locate with searches.

The only one I can think of right now is the covered bridge.  ;D
I'd have to go back and look at some of the screenshots people have posted to remember what else I liked. My rememberer don't work so good no more.  ???
I have looked through all the mods everywhere I could find. Nexus, Black Liquid, here, and a couple other places.

I'm not real big into good looking communities. I tend to play more towards a functional place than a pretty place, so decorations and such don't really appeal to me that much, but that covered bridge I did like.

As a matter of fact, most of my maps look like a bunch of inebriated vagabonds built them, as can be seen in a couple of Journal entries I made over at Paeng's place.  :D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

tanypredator

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2017, 05:54:29 AM

Personally, I would like to have new animals (better if as a separate mod each), wild and domestic. Although I would like even more to find out how to make them myself  ;D

brads3

the only covered bridge i have is in the new CC. but Ds is still designing to upgrade his set. and REd has an extra decoration set that i don't think is in the NMT 2.04.
tany,i take it you mean new versions and different animals than the cows and chickens we have. there is an old pig mod i believe. plus NECOA is still developing . his maritimes set is constantly growing.there is plAns for a backyard goat pen. on another note ,tany i do wish i could see your mod pics. i can see some of the posted pics as you deisng but my comp doesn't load the dropbox links.i wait for abandoned to do her story and then i can see more.

tanypredator

Yeah, goats would be great, with milk and maybe cheese production. But I would mostly like new wild animals - game birds and maybe some fur game. I know there are new wild animals in CC. Flying birds!

What about pictures from my new mod, there are not much of them not uploaded in a mod discussion topic. You can see arbors in a rescent comments.

Hawk

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2017, 09:33:12 AM
the only covered bridge i have is in the new CC.

That's the one I was talking about. I saw in in a screenshot Paeng posted.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Necora

Quote from: tanypredator on February 10, 2017, 11:11:23 AM
Yeah, goats would be great, with milk and maybe cheese production. But I would mostly like new wild animals - game birds and maybe some fur game. I know there are new wild animals in CC. Flying birds!

From what I hear animating the models to work with Banished is a right pain, something to do with the way animation was coded into the game? Even the CC crew are reluctant to add more wild animals for that sole reason.

The ones I will add are all going to be static, I had a go at making a goat following a you tube demo for a deer for the model and a horse for the texture painting and it really wasn't very hard at all. Way easier that I thought. I wouldn't know where to begin with animating it though.

I will make a goat pen, but it will be a combination of a few things... a shelter that acts as the actual work place, a fence set to put around it, and some decorations to fill it such as rocks and of course the goats. Then players can build it however big or small they want, have as many pens as they want if they just want small scale milk, cheese, and textile production or if they want a bustling farm of them.

The chicken pen will be the same, a 1x1 hutch for the work place, then you can make the rest as big or small as you want.

I am also currently trying to think of the best way to implement fur trapping. My idea is at the moment to have the traps spawn as wild resources do, then a trapper to go collect them, and each one produce 'game meat' and 'fur', it will be too much to add individual animals as much as I would want to, and back to the animating thing I have no idea I'll every try to do that.

If you have ideas on a fur trapper I'd like to hear them, would be cool to do it in a way that everyone can incorporate with their own buildings.

RedKetchup

Training camp has fur ( RawMaterialFur.rsc )  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

there are all kinds of animals in the CC as decorations. bears,horses,cat,dog,whale,shark,deer,etc etc
they are stand alone non-animated. you might ask them,they may be able to split the decorations out of the main version.