News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Workplace V1.2 for 1.0.6

Started by kid1293, February 09, 2017, 10:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

this mod set serves a good purpose. at the start of a game,never knowing what crop you will have,it gives you options.it is a very good mod to use with adam and eve starts.you might get a grain or apples or sheep or cows,etc. and this mod is a great option for that situation. however,it is limited. each piece needs a worker.due to the mini size,each worker produces less than if you had a larger production building.
   this is a double edged sword problem.  you have limited workers at the start and therefore also produce less food overall. take milk being made into butter or cheese. you start with only a few cows. any food you produce the 1st several yrs, will be eaten quickly by the banis.so you really do not have enough to make cheese with.same with oats or wheat.you also must use an extra worker to accomplish the added production for each step. say you want to make bread, you have 2 extra workers ,1 to grind and make flour,1 to bake the bread. wouldn't you get more food by sending those 2 workers to gather,hunt, or farm another crop field? plus you now have less laborers to help  clear land and supply builders or gather needed materials like logs.
    the idea behind this set seems to be that people did all these things at home. true but they did not do only 1 thing. each person did multiple jobs. 1 would hunt and make tools. 1 would grind and make bread and process cheese and make cider plus still find time to make clothes.this way of living can not be properly duplicated with small individual sets.there is another way.

what we need is a farm mod that produces these multiple items all at the same time. a homestead mod. a house for a large family of 6 or so. storage cellar or barn, a kitchen extension to add to the house. an apple or pear tree.a chicken coop and a pasture say 15x15. decorated with chickens,a pasture with cow or 2,a couple sheep,hrow in a horse and a few pigs, and a garden patch. maybe some berry bushes. total footprint size probably close to 20x20.
  how will it function: randomly produce various items with each worker's output being roughly what a family of 5 would use per yr.limited to 2 workers maximum. so you get 500 food,clothes,tools,firewood,and 1 possibly 1 extra item like leather or furs.this extra item historically would be sold to buy salt,coffee,etc.
     outputs: food is 4 parts so roughly average 125 for each type and split down from there randomly. PROTEIN=cheese,butter,beef roasts or steaks,chicken,eggs,bacon,sausage,milk.randomly not only in the yield amount but also in the type from year to year. VEGETABLES:squash,tomato,potato,beans,carrots,onions. yes most here don't use CC.so limit these to the vanilla crops and those release thru WOB.
GRAIN:bread,flour,pies,FRUIT:apples,pears,berries<blue,black,straw>grapes,jams,fruitcakes. then add to the 500 food some rough tools,low or mid-grade coats,cider or ale,and leather or blankets or wool,and enough firewood for 1 wood house per year.
       NILLA ,will argue that this is a cheat. it really isn't since 1 worker on a 10x10 field will produce 500 food. all this does is takes that 500 food and split it into parts but the total is the same.as for the extra goods being produced,that is figured in by doubling the size to 20x20 and the work time lasting all year not just the growing season. since we are not overpowering the outputs and using land space,i don't feel we re creating a cheat.
    it would be nice to have some variety to this. different houses and barn styles.some players might not want sheep and wool or beef and pork.

kid1293

If someone creates a thing like this farmstead -
1. there will be no micromanagement of resources and produced goods.
2. you can not turn individual items on/off
3. it needs a lot of variations to cover different taste/playstyles.

and of course my 2 cents - I don't like big. :)

kid1293

@QueryEverything - I don't want to make a butcher right now.
There are no vanilla products created, so I have to use either my
imagination and make some 'exotic' dishes or use CC's or RedKetchup's
butcher output. Neither is attractive right now.

I see the mayhem caused by too many products - compatibility / get a place to store it /
balance in game / another worker (I just read @brads3 comment and he's got a point)

Banished gets lost in all this. I admit I have made my contributions to this. Tequila/BBQ/Soup...
but I always come back to 'old' Banished when I play the game myself. Simple and fun.

/Fellowsheep

kid1293

Updating an imaginary mod with a broken fence.

brads3

but the bbq and soup is handy to feed workers in my forts. so also is the diner fromm  cc.there is a time and place for them.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: kid1293 on March 03, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
... Banished gets lost in all this. I admit I have made my contributions to this. Tequila/BBQ/Soup...
but I always come back to 'old' Banished when I play the game myself. Simple and fun.

That may be and back to the roots is cool. But hey, Tequilla is the best mod ever. Nothing was more fun to make for Banished the whole last year. ;)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on March 03, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
@QueryEverything - I don't want to make a butcher right now.
There are no vanilla products created, so I have to use either my
imagination and make some 'exotic' dishes or use CC's or RedKetchup's
butcher output. Neither is attractive right now.

Banished gets lost in all this. I admit I have made my contributions to this. Tequila/BBQ/Soup...

/Fellowsheep

There is never any harm in asking :) 
Maybe (nicely) asking @RedKetchup if he could make his butcher into a smaller building (as an option) would be helpful?  To fit in with the small Workplace layout.  A butchers block :D maybe??

Quote from: kid1293 on March 03, 2017, 01:26:56 PM
Updating an imaginary mod with a broken fence.
I really like that certainly would suit in the forestry area!!  It's quite pretty @kid1293 :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on March 03, 2017, 07:02:05 PM
Maybe (nicely) asking @RedKetchup if he could make his butcher into a smaller building (as an option) would be helpful?  To fit in with the small Workplace layout.  A butchers block :D maybe??

for sure there are never any harm to ask :)
just know these things ask time and work - most often, more than expected ^^
put in reminder list hehe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 03, 2017, 07:18:15 PM
Quote from: QueryEverything on March 03, 2017, 07:02:05 PM

for sure there are never any harm to ask :)
just know these things ask time and work - most often, more than expected ^^
put in reminder list hehe
I could sponsor a mesh?
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-pig-eye-catcher/707616
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-outdoor-stall/791694
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-butcher-block/566465
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-deli-meat-model/777193
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/colonial-kitchen-table-3d-max/774910
https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/butcher-block-3d-max/865220

Anyway ... lemme go put this in your thread :D  haha

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

So it looks, that the big inheritage was a fake! ;) back to the hovel! But it's a lovely, cosy hovel. :)

And I think, you're right. Sometimes go back to basic, make a little brake and come back stronger, with new ideas.

And @brads3; not so sure, that I would find your idea as a cheat. As long as it's not overpowered, it could be a good idea to make a small family farm with subsistence farming, like in old times. I guess though, it would not be easy to make and balance. And if I find something a cheat or not, who cares? If I don't like it, I don't have to use it.  ;)

Paeng

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 03, 2017, 01:43:43 PMBut hey, Tequilla is the best mod ever. Nothing was more fun to make for Banished the whole last year. ;)

Cheers to that  :D

It's not a mod or theme one plays every day (mainly due to the southern arid setting), same with Mexican Fantasy and such... but when we do open such a map, it's double the fun...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

I didn't mean to stir the nest.
I was a bit negative...

Anyway - After giving it some thought I realized I did not have to add
any new products. I could use only NMT and CC. So @QueryEverything ,
there was a little gap in my texturefile where I could paste in a meat cleaver.
It's very basic (I don't really like them standing still, but hey - better than an axe)
and it makes NMT steaks, lamb chops and roasts - and of course CC sausages!
No pigs, no bacon.

I put it with the new toolbar, so it should be in 1.0.7 section.

QueryEverything

@kid1293 I didn't think you were negative :) 
I have a simple philosophy:  There is no harm in asking.  If the answer is yes, then great, if it's a No, I'm good with that too. :)

And, thank you :D :D :D :D :D