Discrepancy

:) very nice. I like the new trees.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

;D better and better.

I love them... speechless.

Can I make a request? what about a variant of the willow, but with a short, stumpy trunk - as if it were 'pollarded' a few years ago.
a google image search of 'pollarded willow', and you will see what I mean.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on March 20, 2017, 01:18:03 AM
;D better and better.

I love them... speechless.

Can I make a request? what about a variant of the willow, but with a short, stumpy trunk - as if it were 'pollarded' a few years ago.
a google image search of 'pollarded willow', and you will see what I mean.

haha really ? it looks so bad lol
you really like that ?

(sorry if i laugh a bit.... i am not sure if it is a joke or you are serious lol)
<3

EDIT: in case you are serious .... i will never be able to do a trunk like that ^^ lets make a deal, do the trunk, send it to me , i ll add all the leaves on it :D

Necora

Ah yes good old pollarded trees. There is not a single tree in the UK that has not been at one time or another pollarded.

@RedKetchup how many polys do these willow trees have? I can do a similar thing with blender, I used it to make the textures for the pines, but I wasn't sure if doing it for the tree itself would make it to heavy for the game. It would be way better than the boring trunks the vanilla game has though!

QueryEverything

I just put in @Necora's thread that I have much tree envy and my fave maps so far is the CC Pines (easy, i'm not a sadist (gaming anyway ;) ) on a Very Large Map, mild.  I have trees everywhere, trees, trees and more trees!

I live part-time on 5 acres of bushland, with large aged trees, and the rest of the time is on open land, and only a handful of tress insight, and none in my boundary fence, so ...  more trees make me happy.

Ok, its really easy to keep me happy, and you are all doing it with these mods.  :)
Thank you!!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on March 20, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

@RedKetchup how many polys do these willow trees have? I can do a similar thing with blender, I used it to make the textures for the pines, but I wasn't sure if doing it for the tree itself would make it to heavy for the game. It would be way better than the boring trunks the vanilla game has though!

the willows have too many poly has to be edited and finished. it is mostly only tests i am doing presently. trying to check different technics to make trees.

there is a technic that is full 3D (a technic that adds alot of poly).
there is a technic that is full 2D (a technic that is extremly low poly but look very bad)
there is a technic that is called Hybrid 2D-3D that is obviously the best way to go but that is also wider about results from more 2D-3D to less 2D-3D depending the % of each part.

for sure you cant make them full 3D nor make them full 2D. Also the quality of the .png has alot of importance but extremly hard and long to do.

the willow has 20k and i know that s way too much
the other are between 1.5 to 5k that is more acceptable but can be better. also more you work with 2D and harder it is because you see nothing. in 3Dsmax they arent invisible.

RedKetchup

i cannot say my trees and bushes are a success :(

i probably will need to PM @Necora  ^^ and ask if he wants to make some for me ^^
unless i put 3500+ poly ... they are so ugly :( i am so bad at it.

but some other things looks good though :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 22, 2017, 12:21:32 PMi am so bad at it.

Nah, you're a very good modeler, don't measure yourself against trees and greens... to make believable (natural looking) trees is top difficulty, I've seen guys grow grey hair over it, literally...  :o
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

purringcat

Those look really great RK and I love the new Fodder field.    It looks especially good by a stream so the field edges follow the contour of the stream. 

RedKetchup

so i made the flowers a big bigger. maybe some people will telll "gah they are too big, they almost as high as a citizen! blahblahblah ..... " ^^
but keep in mind those flowers are not planted by the workers ! they are spawns

they are spawn like onion... mushroom... etc etc etc and everyone knows that onions and mushrooms are way out of scale. because they are a spawn and they are a resource to be pickup :)
i am not sure what i ll do with these flowers.... be harvested and give essences of flowers and make perfume with these ? ? ? i dont know.

the thing is : if harvested ... they will disappear !
i am not sure if i want them to disappear ^^ lol

unless i can find a way they last very very long.... and being harvested very late in their .... "existence"

Nilla

This looks really promising. I can´t even imagine how difficult it is. But you´re doing great! :)

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

purringcat

RedKetchup

trying presently to do a japanese cheery tree for someone ....
5200 poly :(