News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

Well, to avoid a duplicate of names, use a new one. How about Razzleberry? or Chokecherry? or Redberry? And etc and so on. That way, no dupes.

You could also use real berry names that aren't in Banished, like Loganberry, Marionberry, Boysenberry, etc.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 16, 2017, 12:10:20 AM
Great screenshot @Nilla
Looks pretty natural to me.

Is it that the flowers spawn that way or do you use some ghosted items?

I think it is a spawn as Red's Canals 4x4 mesh is 4x6 but in the Template file 4x4 so big part of the wooden side walkways are just overhangs and so the game sees them as not build upon so can use them to spawn.
Am I correct in that assumption Red?

the flowers are 1x1 but ghosted 3x3 to give a special effect to cover graphically more space. the canal too are 4x4 but graphically are 6x4 with 1 tile each side ghosted to cover the hole :0

even if you see the flower on the wood, in reality, you can have eacily 2 empty tiles between ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Yeah, so I was right for a change :)

That also means players can just build a road underneath the "ghosted" sidewalks without you having to define it in the template files. It will not be a visible road as your wood is a bit higher then z0 and slopes down to z0 at the end but functional to gain the speed of the roads.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i did it exactly for that, to cover 1 more tile for a road without define it in the template :)

Nilla

I ususally built roads on that spot in the old version of the canal. It's nice to have people walking there. And on this screenshot, you can see, that everything can be on that spot. I deliberately didn't remove the trees and the stones, maybe I will later, but i like how the grass and the flowers grows on the walls of the canal, so I will not build any road this time. You may also see, that I'm trying to save the gate. It doesn't look good there, so first I wanted to demolish it. But instead I will try to cover the part that's too long with buildings, like @Necora´s red store. We'll see what comes on the other side and if it works out.

This "flower effect" is a"mistake". I find, it's a pretty pretty mistake. I don't plant or do anything to get all those flowers and grass everywhere. They are there, because I use the Garden Walls utility above an old version of NatDiv. I would like, that this could be an option to choose. Couldn't you @RedKetchup and @Bartender put your clever heads together and create something? A Flower World or something like that?

Sorry forgot the picture.

embx61

@Nilla

Yes, that is what I suspected that they just spawn and Red confirmed it.
It still looks awesome though. I see if I can make those flowers and grasses from Red ghosted for the Natural Irrigation channels when I am ready to pick that up again.

So much to do, so less time.

taniu

@ RedKetchup .I agree with you. New "special" - Small bush orchards for berries - these bushes grow as wild but grow in the garden - orchards. The bushes of these fruits are similar, only fruits have a different shape. Wild strawberries look like small strawberries. I had them in the garden, they are very sweet.  Examples
raspberry ,blackberry ,blueberry, bilberry, cranberry, gooseberry, wild strawberry, currant :)

taniu

Abandoned

Well, these vegetable crops and berry orchards look great @RedKetchup . I like twilightbreeze's suggested berry names.  As far as I know, cranberries grow in bogs not a crop field. Only thing maybe could be different is the radish crop.  Normally radish are plant in rows like carrots not in bunches.  If not spaced and thinned they don't all develop a nice round radish, although my favorite variety is the French Breakfast Radish which is longer and thinner than regular round radish. Great looking veggies.  :)

Do I understand correct @embx61 that natural canal will include ghosted Red's wildflowers.  That would be wonderful.  :)

embx61

@Abandoned

Yeah, I think I should be able to lift them from Red's sources and make them ghosted.

Abandoned

@embx61 oh my gosh, wonderful, they are just beautiful looking.  :)

RedKetchup

i really like the "bush orchards" but cannot prevent people trying to put trees in there. the only thing i can do is to put a TEXT: Warning, do not put fruit tree here. because they wont able to get the food from the orchard. only my fruit bushes can work.

i can also put a warning on the vanilla one telling people to not put fruit bushes in there cause they will get almost nothing. the numbers are ok for bushes in bush orchards , even just a little bit better that a crop of same size. need more people working on those though.

and i can do many bushes, not just 1. and i can also maybe put the strawberry in it ?
my plan was to add : blueberry, raspberry, grapes. and maybe cranberry but not more. all the others worth nothing, even the big grocery stores dont have them ^^

but mostly if i want to do it like this ... this is because i really love what i see when i look at it :)
i always prefer to do the things i like :)

Abandoned

@RedKetchup that is how it should be, you should do it how you like. :)  That will be something to watch out for not to plant in vanilla, a warning is a good idea, and Orchard for bush berries only.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on June 16, 2017, 01:49:36 PM
@RedKetchup that is how it should be, you should do it how you like. :)  That will be something to watch out for not to plant in vanilla, a warning is a good idea, and Orchard for bush berries only.

and the grape one should be awesome with helper stands that imbrick each other :)

Abandoned

sounds good, this mod has lots of choices.  :)