News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup work in progress....

Started by RedKetchup, March 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Oh, that is not how the old greenhouse works, the one in the decorative items pack the greenhouse with only the botanist no other input produced seedling you could use for trade or use to plant decorative trees.  The greenhouse separate from the deco mod produced seedling that could only be used for trade.  This new greenhouse requires seedlings, where do you get the seedlings from.

RedKetchup

it will be the first option on the menu list :)
and then below, you will able to use those seedlings to get food :)

it will pay more to plant them and get food than sell those and buy food with the money :)

it was the intended project with it back 33 months ago...
but i never made it.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

Wow, the glass material brings a really nice effect. Perfect for this greenhouse. Could be worth to try it in the porches of my cottages. Do you notice any effect on performance because of transparency? I guess it needs more calculating but maybe not relevant.

embx61

I think it should be fine performance wise.

The moving water we use don't seem to slow down either.

The only thing is with windows looking through that the mesh walls, roof need to be double faced or players will look through it from the inside out.
A floor plane is needed as well or the players will see the foot print.

So for green house and maybe porches it is okay but I personally will refrain using it for houses as almost all my walls are planes and so I need to put a shell modifier on it or detach/move/flip the faces what will double the poly count for each wall.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

Quote from: embx61 on July 20, 2017, 12:38:22 AM
... as almost all my walls are planes and so I need to put a shell modifier on it or detach/move/flip the faces what will double the poly count for each wall.

The same here. I will use glass, however sparingly.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup so you will need 2 fantastic looking greenhouses, 1 to produce seedling and 1 to use the seedling to produce food?  That is a lot of workers if you also need fodder and fertilizer and well water and firewood. That greenhouse will have to produce a lot of food.  I will stick with the old greenhouse and 1 worker producing seedlings to trade for livestock and seeds for all those new crops.  :)

RedKetchup

i personally always do thick walls as i shown you in my tutos so i dont need to double walls and flip.

oh and also, i use opacity (or transparency) to 0.3

yes you need to put a floor but also... so can see interiors are gathering snow ^^ specially interior window frames

Abandoned

@RedKetchup I think it would be a shame to loose this nice looking greenhouse.  With only the greenery and clay pots this would make a nice seedling only greenhouse separate from the garden wall utility mod.  I just notice the sprinkling can inside, very nice.  Could you please make a seedling only greenhouse for me?  I and my Smallvillians would really appreciate it.  Thank you.  :)

RedKetchup

oh there is no way to lose all those great looking greenhouses !

each have their way to go and being very productive with their way they have been setup.
and need to accept this :)

it is really not appropriated to have GardenWalls greenhouses to make seedlings.

Abandoned

@RedKetchup Oh I guess I misunderstood, I thought you said these greenhouses with glass were replacing the garden wall greenhouses and going to have seedling in them.

So you are saying you can not make me a separate greenhouse with the graphics I show in the screenshot, just for seedlings like your old one I have been using since Smallville?   Really?

Abandoned

Quote from: Abandoned on July 19, 2017, 05:28:17 PM
@RedKetchup ,

I have a request, or a suggestion for Garden Walls Utilities.  I just love the fodder farm hut.  I was wondering if a matching piece with that same roof could be added to the set called a feeding shed that would have the same function as the stable.  The matching shed could then be put next to the vanilla pasture as if that was the source of the fertilizer.  It would be a very nice alternative to always using the stable.  It could actually go with any pasture, even fenceless.  Good fodder for future stories.  :)

@RedKetchup is this request also a No?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on July 20, 2017, 07:03:12 AM

@RedKetchup is this request also a No?

if i tell you "no, not for the moment" will you be angry ? ^^  :-[
(i have fixes to do more urgent  :-[ - like NMT Little housing and finish the greenhouse replacement of DecorativeItems Pack)

RedKetchup

NMT3.0Series: LittleHousing for 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 Update is up !

Changelog:
3.0b : fixed the building points and use points which were 0,5 tile to near of the houses.
Added roof support (wood frame) to all the build02 building process.
Added a 6th model which is a mirror copy of the 3rd (the one with a balcony in "L" shape.)

Savidan

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze