News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 09, 2017, 11:01:32 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2017, 10:51:01 AMor have fences following hills.

Yeah, the game does not spoil us with that...    :(

So I think it's still better to have e.g. a fence lean (and diappear) into a hill than getting a big honking hole where you build it   ;)

but still can be cheated abit :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Working on a chain disc Pump what sits on the awesome NMT Canals Set made by RedKetchup.

It is a ghosted piece. Still need some touchups here and there, add a little thing or two and then see if I can add a irrigation channel piece what dumps the water into the NMT Canals as well.

Now I don't have to mess with all of Reds Canal pieces and add pumps to all of them so it saves quite some time and polys :)

Ghosted is the way to go because I not looking forward to make a ton of separate pieces for all of the NMT canal pieces.  ;)
Must have been a torture working on all of those sets with 8 different textures.  :o  My hat off to Red :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Yep, way to go - makes them good for any skin the player chooses...  :)

If you really need functionality (non-ghosted) on the occasional piece, you could also make them overhanging (e.g. like a 1x3 piece on a 1x1 tile)...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeps, indeed @Paeng Cannot imagine to make so many of the same pieces to fit all the NMT canal pieces.  ::)

In the template file this is also a 1 tile piece while the whole thing is about 2x3. The rest indeed just overhangs. I did not know you could also do this without ghosting but the more I think about it this is what Red does with his overlapping technology I think. With reds canals I was able to make the second bottom wheel too because his canals are deep enough to see it :)

The pumps are not functional in the set. Only the water reservoirs to collect water have a real function so no worries there for the moment but good to know it is possible.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 11, 2017, 10:40:12 AMI did not know you could also do this without ghosting but the more I think about it this is what Red does with his overlapping technology

Exactly, Red used it for 2nd floor housing... or CC used that for the quay Houses, which are 4x4, but only the front row 1x4 is "anchored" on land while the rest overhangs the water... I think also Kid is doing something similar on some lots, with the "anchor" even just a 1x1 while the whole is 2x2 or more... Loads of possibilities with that technique, with the plus of keeping it functional  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Thanks Red :)

That ghosting is pretty awesome. And if I ever need something to build on the canals what needs functionality it is possible as well.

Abandoned

Here's hoping @embx61 returns to us to continue great works in progress  :)

adelegarland

Quote from: Abandoned on June 14, 2017, 04:53:34 AM
Here's hoping @embx61 returns to us to continue great works in progress  :)
@embx61 Please don't go away, we need your amazing talent!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Kimbolton

I haven't posted here in quite a while because I haven't had time to play but the thought of you leaving over this "incident" has drawn me out.

This is a great community and you are well liked, respected and appreciated here. Please don't leave us.

taniu

@embx61 Please don't go away. You have great talent and potential. I do not know about modeling I am  player, so many beautiful mods have been created so I am very happy and the game is getting more beautiful and interesting thanks to people like you  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on June 11, 2017, 09:39:48 AM
Working on a chain disc Pump what sits on the awesome NMT Canals Set made by RedKetchup.

It is a ghosted piece. Still need some touchups here and there, add a little thing or two and then see if I can add a irrigation channel piece what dumps the water into the NMT Canals as well.

Now I don't have to mess with all of Reds Canal pieces and add pumps to all of them so it saves quite some time and polys :)

Ghosted is the way to go because I not looking forward to make a ton of separate pieces for all of the NMT canal pieces.  ;)
Must have been a torture working on all of those sets with 8 different textures.  :o  My hat off to Red :)

That is pretty sweet :)  I like the way it just sits there, like it was always part of it - noone ever need know it was in a different set.  :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

@QueryEverything   Here a screenshot in a test game what shows that the coal is working.

You see the coal is in the storage of the glass works and at the foreground you see a wooden crate which contain glass just made by the glassmaker with sand and coal.

I just link to the raw MaterialCoal.rsc file from Luke so nothing is changed by me in that file.
This is something I not get. It is the same with the water string missing as Abandoned reported while I see the string in my test game.

QueryEverything

Thanks @embx61 I don't doubt that it works :)  I think it's something that I have here, I'll find it :D

BTW - thank you for the preemptive add-on of the construction materials, that's excellent news :D 

I'll report back asap :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Yes while I was fixing the Dummy bug Luke released the BETA 3 which includes the buildrequirement we asked him for. :)
I am happy that Luke, while I am pretty sure he will not add all our request's, stiil is working on Banished :)

So I made the change for glass by making it a construction material and added 3 pile meshes as I first forgot that and then it was BOOM Crash! at the moment the bannie wanted to put the glass on the stockpile.
Luckily I new directly what I forgot so made the 3 pile meshes for glass.

I am working on a test with the church so it needs glass as 4th building material.

All works but I lost the tooltip text if I hoover over the church Icon in the Toolbar.
If I remove the new files from Lukes example and just have the church as before I see the tooltip.  ???

Maybe @Tom Sawyer can tell me what I miss here as I see in his screenshot the toopltip is working. I went over Lukes dialog files to see if I have to make a reference to my string table but I not see where I have to make that change if I have to make it that is.

I left all Lukes files from the example buildrequirements mod alone. I copied them to my dialog folder of the church and only named the build.rsc file build4.rsc and edited the two extra storage items out so the build dialog you see in game have just 1 extra building material window instead of 2 extra.
Then I reference to that build4.rsc file in my church template file.