News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

There not really pipes but V shaped gutters.
I decided to make gutters instead of pipes so the water flowing will be visible.  :)

I hope to release this weekend a next version.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

These side pieces of the channels are, in my opinion, a good way to
express graphic 'diversity'.
Many modders, me/you/others have tried to be so very realistic that it hurts.
This last texture of the brinks to the 'gutter' :) are very harmonic in my eyes.
They fit @Discrepancy Small Village to the point. Same artistic expression.

Why do we think Banished is a static game? We need new overall views that
can be historical/gothic/fantasy/modern and with all the pieces that belong.

That said :)
I really love the new brinks!

RedKetchup

woot ! Bienvenue aux Cascades d'eau !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Used a translator. Does that mean "Welcome to the waterfalls"?

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Is that small water tank a standalone piece or does it come together with the Archimedes screw?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Bartender

This looks amazing! Time for our bannies to dig some true irrigation channels ;D.

embx61

Thanks guys.

@Gatherer That little box is just part of the screw. The water lifts up from the Archimedes screw into that box and then connector pieces can be added wherever the players wants to go with them from that box.

I did a trick in the NMT canals dump piece.
Under the pipe what dumps the water in the Canals I made a cylinder with the water texture applied to it
Then I made a tube and deleted all the inside poly's and the caps. I made it into a cone shape and added the water moving material to the cone and it surrounds the water cylinder.
Now it looks a bit like water is running out of that pipe.

As the pipe is a bit too low in the current version I uploaded I will raise it a bit so the water out of that pipe will be better to see.

@wiscoke

The Icons are not really all there yet.

@Paeng did made the whole set of Icons and we lost a bit of track with so many pieces what got added to the mod.
He send to me about 12 sets of several new Icons as I added pieces the last 2/3 weeks but I will get a new icon for the grass.

Had a little problem with the pivot and the pieces did not connect right but I have figured it out.
Those pivot points are sometimes giving me headaches. LOL

1x straight, 2x straight, 3 way gutters are done and 4 way gutter is on the way. Then I copy the 3way and 4way and flip the water moving planes so we have in and out flowing to make them in flowing water.

Then I need 2 end pieces and 2 corners and I think that should cover it unless some want a gate as well.

I made the gutters a bit wider about 3/4 as they were really a bit too small in the game.

I plan to put the gutter pieces in a own sub toolbar under the natural irrigation toolbar.

elemental

I love the little ghost water channel going through the field. Brilliant.  ;D

The water in that little channel shouldn't really be blue though. Water is colourless, unless you have lots of it. I realise that you want to make it look like water and blue is the colour we associate with water, so blue is the obvious choice. It isn't bad the way it is now (I did start by saying I love it). I just wonder what it might look like if it wasn't blue. Might be better, might be worse. Something for you to think about and maybe experiment with but don't feel that you have to change it, because it does look very good already. I'll be building those channels, for sure.  :)

embx61

@elemental

You are of course right that water is colorless and that it is reflection of the sky what gives it it's color.

I tried to not use a water color plane when I started on the Above Channels weeks ago.

Without the blue (Or other color like green) the water is hardly noticeable on smaller parts.
You see it moving and on the wider channels it is not even that bad.

But I will do some more tests with some more colors. Maybe a shade of green as the water was not always that clean and lots of little channels in the Netherlands are greenish water.

What I am going to as a screenshot is not of that much value is going to add two dummy pieces 1 2x Gutter dummy piece and one 2x straight Channel dummy piece with the water texture the same as the banks and the wood of the gutters. Then players can try it out if they like it or not.

elemental

It's tricky, isn't it? Too much blue and it looks like a modern day swimming pool, but no colour at all and you just don't see anything.

A murky, dirty colour might work. Maybe a muddy brown texture? Again, I don't know... it's tricky. Maybe just take the blue and tone it down a little?

embx61

Yes it is tricky. But I keep looking for some other textures and play with hue, saturation, colors in photoshop.

Luke uses a blue reflection plane deep beneath the world and if the colorless water runs over it gives the refection of the sky you see in the game.

I did not dig that deep as the channels are not wide like Red's Canals so have no access to that plane.

But even if I could access that plane still have to do something about the above water irrigation gutters as I cannot dig inside the farm fields.
Well I can dig there but the farm crop field texture going to hide it all because it is ghosted and not ghosted I cannot place anything on the farm crop fields as that space is already occupied.

We have to live with some limitations but ghosted is, whoever game up with that, a real blessing as it makes so much more possible :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 29, 2017, 01:22:47 PM
Used a translator. Does that mean "Welcome to the waterfalls"?

yeah Google would translate it to that .... but it is not real waterfalls.... but made by men for recreation... water thematic parks ^^

we got that here at 3 miles away from home... it has been closed and sold 4 years ago

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

EB i have a question.i have been chasing issues today and i found 1 is connected to your water.i don't know why. it reflects the sjky on the mini map and i can't see it.my lakes and water are dark the old way.with your canal mod on,the lakes are like the sky and its making it hard to read the small streams and hills on the mini map.i don't know how else to explain it. i thought it was TOM's NORTH mod. i have disabled it,removed it from the winData file,and redid my entire registry and mod order.i narrowed it down by turning different mods on and off.

pic of the old way my mini map is.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1752.0;attach=18310;image

pic of new way with bright lakes
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1798.0;attach=19546;image

i am using the old irrigation canal mod. thank you

embx61

Not sure what that can be.

I do nothing with the mini map.

I loaded a new game and the mini map was with dark blue water.

Then I loaded my Irrigation Mods one by one and the mini map stayed with dark blue water.

Either a glitch in the game or it is another mod what does something with the mini map?