News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Some good ones there, Query. Some of them look more like market stall names to me, which might be phase two of this little project. I was thinking we should have a Van someone but EB might be the best person to suggest a Dutch name or two.

I'm planning to make some textures in the next few days. It's not about just names, it's also about fonts. Should be fun.  :)

Kristahfer

Would it be possible to have an "F" key set of selections with names that changed with each selection? Something like "No Sign", "Blacksmith Sign", "McKinnon Blacksmiths", "Crown Tool Smiths".

Really liked the naming ideas of @QueryEverything and @embx61 .

When I was just a tad younger, yeah right, I dreamed of having an "HO" layout like I would see in the HO magazines. Saw one that had the entire garage converted to one giant "HO" layout. Getting immersed in Banished with all of the fantastic mods hearkens to my youthful dreams. Thank you all for your grand work.

elemental

Not sure if you are asking for a set of F variant signs or a set of F variant traders with different signs. The idea is that the signs will be separate optional decorations that can be used in a number of different places, not just on trade ports. So they won't be part of the trade port model. F variants will probably be involved one way or another.

embx61

As elemental said.

The signs going to be a separate addon and it should be possible to have for example if a player choose a sign for the xxxxtrader 3 or 4 F key variants with different names are possible.

It all depends on how many textures I have to add (I don't want to add a lot so hopefully we can get by with 1 or max 2 1024x1024 textures, which hopefully I can scale down to 512x512 what I do a lot without losing quality with my mods, with all the names on a wooden board background) and with how many fitting names we can come up with.

Speaking of HO scale trains.

I had a for 60% finished railroad (HO Marklin) in one of my bed rooms. The plate it was on was 3.6 Meters by 2,40 meters.
Then I moved to another house and had to rip it all apart as I was not bright enough to make it modular :(

Never was able to pick it up again and sold some later all the equipment, rails, and stuff.
Thousands of guilders through the drain.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

The 5 trade ports are AO mapped and ready.

If players wants to do some testing for me that it all works okay, find bugs, and that the merchants are working right, before I release just ask me in this thread and I will send you the PKM of the newest Small Village set I just compiled what contains the 5 Trade Ports. The new limits resource files are included in the set.

Now working an a central market as requested by @ancientmuse

After that a Town hall and depending on how long the market going to take I maybe will release a second version with the Trade Ports and Market before starting on the Town Hall.
The name signs can be released when ready as it will be a separate addon mod.

Kristahfer

Nice that you picked up on the HO layouts. Yes, I dumped bunch of money into my HO layout also. But oh what fun!

Really like the idea of a Sign Set Mod... very interesting he mutters as he wanders off.

embx61

The Village market is taking shape.
I recycled some parts from the market set as they are fitting well with the set.

Need to do some more detailing and fill a spot up with another stand or animal pen.

After that is done the build stages and the AO mapping.

Footprint going to be 10x10 including a road all the way around just as the Vanilla Market.
So 8x8 without road. Had to add 2 textures so the whole village set have 4 1024x1024 diffuse textures. :)

Up to 12 vendors and it supplies the same as vanilla but I added Custom0(Crafted), Custom2(Fabrics), Custom3(Ind Fuel), and Custom6(Precious)

As Misc is mostly a trade only category I skipped that one.
For CoalFuel, Custom1, 4, and 5 just build a material store.  :P  :)

RedKetchup

wow nice !!! looking super good :0

Quote from: embx61 on July 20, 2017, 09:21:10 AM
Footprint going to be 10x10 including a road all the way around just as the Vanilla Market.

btw ... just a very little note ^^
the vanilla market is 14x14 , not 10x10 ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Thanks Red :)

LOL

I know Vanilla market is 14x14, I worded it a bit odd but I meant it has a road around it just as Vanilla market has but put it in one sentence :)

Going to take a break as I was up all night again and going to watch some Columbo :)

Later today I hope to finish the Market.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on July 20, 2017, 10:14:58 AM
Thanks Red :)

LOL

I know Vanilla market is 14x14, I worded it a bit odd but I meant it has a road around it just as Vanilla market has but put it in one sentence :)

sorry ^^ i am french LOLLLLz

The Pilgrim

I love that new market. That is perfect. Great job @embx61 !!

embx61

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 20, 2017, 10:18:59 AM
sorry ^^ i am french LOLLLLz

Aucune excuse nécessaire

It was me who worded it odd. Probably because originally I am Dutch so English is my second language as well :)

@The Pilgrim

I have fun making that market

kid1293

What a nice touch!

Will go beautifully with most mods!

brads3

good idea skipping the misc as that is RED's fertilizer. it will be nice to have an industrial market that stores food as well.how is the balancing? i mean some are so busy trying to keep a % of everything they won't store enough of  each item. like the vendor is running around finding food and won't store enough logs and stone.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 20, 2017, 01:00:36 PM
good idea skipping the misc as that is RED's fertilizer. it will be nice to have an industrial market that stores food as well.how is the balancing? i mean some are so busy trying to keep a % of everything they won't store enough of  each item. like the vendor is running around finding food and won't store enough logs and stone.

stored at same place... everything get the taste of red's fertilizer after lollllz
not counting all the flies that spins around ^^