News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Playing around a bit with some signs :)

The names not make sense yet but I wanted to see how it looked and plumped some down left and right
Some signs even fit on the roof of the SV houses :)

I going to make some signs in a special SV category what will fit the Town Hall, Hospital, School.

A little impression of my test map :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

That village looks great. I haven't added this set yet but I certainly will next time I start a game. Haven't actually played much in the last few weeks.  :(

elemental

Quote from: QueryEverything on July 25, 2017, 03:41:34 AM

I see Blue Mountains made it in ...  I wonder where that came from ;) :)

I sent through a couple of ideas a few days back.  Not sure if you saw them, it's ok if you didn't.  No rush.

If you get into the realm of super custom signs, I would love a tailors with Pink or Purple writing please.
No idea of name yet - figure pink would be the best place on a seamstress.  :D

I know your eyes aren't great but it's actually just Blue Mountain. But yeah... certainly inspired by the Blue Mountains. I tried to come up with some generic-sounding place names. Great Lake or maybe Salt Lake is also on the list. These first few were more of a test for colours and fonts than anything else. I did see your list the other day and I like them. Will definitely use some (or maybe all) of your suggestions.

Quite a while back I approached Discrepancy with the idea of some signs for taverns and other businesses. He was open to the idea but he was always so busy pumping out all his other content that the idea sort of got lost in amongst his other projects. I did actually design a few tavern signs. Not just text but graphics too. When this first batch is done then perhaps a new set might be possible. Ultimately it's up to EB though. He's doing the hard work.  :)

embx61

Did not see Discrepancy for a little while.
Last time he said he had a short of a burnout with modding.

Happens to all of us so once in a while so I know the feeling, wanting to do something but the drive and creativity is just gone and nothing seem to work right.

I hope the spark returns to him soon as he makes beautiful mods and he will be greatly missed if he stays MIA.

What I found out is to work on more then one project can help a bit against burnout.
If the drive is gone while working on a thing just put it on hold and work on something different.

And if all else fails just step away for a bit from the Mod Kit and I play some chess or watch a movie.

By playing a bit Banished is also helpful for me to get the drive back as I can see what is still missing from my mods what can be made.

I probably never would have thought of recreating about all the Vanilla production buildings after seeing quite some of the Small Village buildings on the map and the Vanilla buildings just NEED to be replaced to match it all up :)

kid1293

Quote from: embx61 on July 26, 2017, 04:58:28 AM
I probably never would have thought of recreating about all the Vanilla production buildings after seeing quite some of the Small Village buildings on the map and the Vanilla buildings just NEED to be replaced to match it all up :)

We thank you! :)

pappa

Kristahfer

Dang I just love your work.

Me was thinking, yeah I know, here he goes again.

Couple of things we are missing: 

1) Hen House 
Now not asking for any additional animated animals, but for larger egg and chicken operations a stand alone Hen House would be a nice addition. One where we could create a fence less pasture for the chickens and then place the Hen House next to it and then fence in the entire thing. If you use the fence less pasture with the bushes and place the bushes and the Hen House in close proximity it would appear that the chicken products were coming from the Hen House. The purpose of the Hen House could possibility be to generate trade chickens using corn, not that sounds kinda cool to me. There are other possibilities I know, but being old I get fixated on a certain idea and miss many others.

2) Rabbit Hutch
Many families in the colonial times did not have a large area for cultivating foods for personal use and had to resort to smaller protein providing livestock. Such as chickens, the Chicken Coop from 'The North' by Tom Sawyer fills that bill. Goats and that is covered by Necora's goats. Honey productions also was widely used, along with ducks.  Couple of small pigs could also be used. The addition of a Rabbit Hutch would be nice to have. With a Rabbit Hutch you would not need any animals as they would all be inside or under cover.  Production, maybe pelts, maybe trade rabbits, Of course rabbit meat, but that may not work as it would be adding another meet product and its production chain would be a little much.

3) Village News Paper. This was the main means of informing the public of the goings on in the village and the colonies. However, this may not be an easy endeavor as it would require some major work to get the production chains working. Here is a good article on hand made paper in the colonies:  http://www.historyreference.org/library/ref1690.html

Anyway, just some thoughts from a little old man who absolutely adores this game and the work all of you have put into it.   

Later y'all...               

(edited to add the news paper entry)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on July 25, 2017, 10:36:30 AMLets hope your ISP sort it out soon.

Hahaha, I doubt it - today the truth came out, after they been stalling with "fake news" about tech problems, burnt out servers, floods and and and... turns out that with the new european laws regarding "roaming" tariffs, their net became hopelessly overrun and they just cut bandwidth across the board "to assure at least some 'service' for all customers"... yeah sure, seems like they are switching from cell to cell on an hourly basis, and all others can roll the dice when they get a connection.

* With the new roaming laws, we now get assholes from everywhere switching into the cheapest rates they can find, across all european borders... so much for fair use.

Unfortunately just changing ISP is no real option - they all suck!

---

QuoteHere a little preview of the woodcutter.

Looks cool  :)

I hope I can show some pics again one of these days - I'm sitting on a whole bunch of a (by now) pretty large town, really beautiful thatched with Embx Small Village, Kid stuff, all kinds of irrigation, RK Canals and more...   :'(

Life without bandwidth is hard  >:(
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Damn, that sucks @Paeng.

Yeah, The EU is pretty good at messing something up what was just fine before :(

Wood cutter is finished and the Forester is almost finished.

I will post a picture soon :)

Then up to the Hunter or Gatherer building.

embx61

3 buildings done :)

Fishing Dock, Wood Cutter, and the Forester Lodge.
@Paeng
I read here on WoB a while ago you liked the tower of the Vanilla Forester Lodge so I added a tower as well :)

Abandoned

This set is really coming along nicely, I like the woodcutter, forester tower too.  Nice  :)

embx61

I try to stay a bit close to Luke's shape of some of his Vanilla production Buildings as some of those shapes I like.

The Hunter Lodge is going to be a bit like Luke's Hunter Lodge with that angled building attached by a short corridor to the other building and the Gatherer will get a Hip roof.

Take a bit of break now, watching some Columbo and play agame of chess :) and then up to the Hunter building :)

Abandoned

Enjoy well deserved break  :)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on July 26, 2017, 01:53:34 PMI read here on WoB a while ago you liked the tower of the Vanilla Forester Lodge so I added a tower as well

Aww... Happiness pure...  ;D  yeah, I really like that tower (fire watcher!)...

Great idea to tackle the whole vanilla set, even to mix them up a bit for variety... and it's good that you stick to the original lines, with some added refinement... your whole set looks really good, I already built plenty of it  ;)
Really like the new Hospital and School.

Hunter's lodge - maybe shrink that a little bit? I'm pretty sure that not too many people put more than 1 worker there, or 2 at most...

Planning another Trade Port, too?  :D
* No need for specials, just a fresh design with your style...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

taniu

@ embx61 :)Fantastic, nice buildings. Greetings :)