News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished Plus Housing issue

Started by Malexias, February 01, 2015, 04:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malexias

I've tried a few mods since I re-downloaded Banished and started playing again. Thus far am only really liking Banished Plus b/c it allows me to build the woodcutters, tailors and blacksmiths and add workers to them instead of having to build more buildings.

The issue I'm having is that every game I start up the newly graduated students no longer move into homes together but insist on moving into their own homes. I was only able to find one reference to this bug, but it seems the post is no longer around, but simply being searched on a cache somewhere.

Is there a workaround to this or is Banished Plus a simple no go for mods?

I've started 5 new games and built just enough food production to get me through the first 6-7 years til the first batch of kids start graduating. It's happened in each of the games I've started.

aetos

do you have other mods working except B.Plus?

Malexias

No, I had been using the crop mod, the no burn coal mod and unlimited mines mod. When I found Banished Plus and tried that out, found out it was less intrusive than the CC mod was. I started new maps just to try out BP, and this is when I ran across the bug. I've tried holding off on building til the graduates are in their 20's to no avail. They still move into single households.

RedKetchup

i have no idea what are banished plus and what it does
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Malexias

Managed to trace this issue back to its source. Seems the developer of the BP mod has taken it upon himself to dictate that kids wont move in together til they are 16.  Really slows down expanding ones town :/  Apparently they have some asinine issues with marriage. Even went so far as to say they would have set it to mid 20's if they could have figured out how to rework the code :/

I'm guessing I'm going to have to zip thru learning how to mod this game so I can make my own mods. I just hope that it allows an installer so you can pick so I can package them and allow people to install only what they choose to.

chillzz

@Malexias you might try the Tweak More Workers mod by Kay (kayTweakMoreWorkers.pkm)
It let's you add more workers to the original Blacksmith (+1), original Woodcutter (+2) and original Tailor (+1)

without doing anything else to the game.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: chillzz on September 13, 2015, 04:58:30 AMkayTweakMoreWorkers.pkm

Yeah, I liked that one, too... but it seems to have disappeared from Nexus...  :-\

As an alternative, there is
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/849-Woodcutter-3
but it only adds woodcutters...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Turis

Paeng

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on September 13, 2015, 09:38:56 AM
Ah... another one with a squirrel cache, huh?  8)
yep! stash all my favorite mods in a place where i can find em later when needed :)

Paeng

Quote from: chillzz on September 13, 2015, 04:14:33 PMyep! stash all my favorite mods

Same here...  ::)

Though with Banished I started pretty early to sort out stuff I'm obviously never going to use...  ;)

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on September 14, 2015, 11:31:33 AM
Same here...  ::)

Though with Banished I started pretty early to sort out stuff I'm obviously never going to use...  ;)
I have bought my bro a license too, we share the dropbox with mods, so a bit more mods then i like..
However stuff like fountain mod, absolute cheat mods like faster roads, unlimited etc. i have not even archived ;)

Paeng

Tehehe... sounds like your "Dropbox Repository" and my "Editor's Choice" list are much in tune...  ;)