News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trying out RK Editor Choice Edition

Started by galensgranny, January 15, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

I like No Rain because it removes the rain but you still get snow.

Hawk

With that option unchecked in the Option menu, you still get snow on the ground, you just don't see it falling, like you don't see the rain.
However, it might be kind of neat to actually see the snow fall. I haven't seen that in quite a while, in the game. It's snowing outside my house right now.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

Yes, with No Rain you still get falling snow, not just snow on the ground. I don't mind having falling snow but the rain is a bit much.

No real-life snow here. Cicadas from 5am to 9pm, practically non stop. A noisy bunch this year.

Maldrick

Quote from: elemental on January 16, 2018, 07:47:01 PM
No real-life snow here. Cicadas from 5am to 9pm, practically non stop. A noisy bunch this year.

The glorious sound of being someplace warm!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hawk

Luckily we only got about a half an inch here this time. A couple weeks ago we got about 4 inches.
Any snow around these parts shuts everything down. The problem is that it starts snowing while the roads are still warm enough to melt it. Then the temps drop and it freezes. You can drive on snow but ya' just can't drive on ice.

Man, did this thread get off-topic.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 17, 2018, 05:11:45 AM
Luckily we only got about a half an inch here this time. A couple weeks ago we got about 4 inches.
Any snow around these parts shuts everything down. The problem is that it starts snowing while the roads are still warm enough to melt it. Then the temps drop and it freezes. You can drive on snow but ya' just can't drive on ice.

Man, did this thread get off-topic.

Sounds like you're near me.  The ice is a problem but people are ridiculous about an inch of snow.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Quote from: Hawk on January 17, 2018, 06:55:46 AM
I'm about 40 miles north of Atlanta.

Ha, no kidding?  I'm in Chattanooga.

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Maldrick

Very cool.  Seems like I always run into people from Cartersville in my gaming.  Either a lot of gamers there that like the same games I do or we keep running into one another. :P

Small world.

Hawk

I've not run into anyone else in Cartersville. I guess I don't play the same games. LOL!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Freedom

On the rain topic, have you tried CC: Light Rain Effect (on Steam or from the Shocks Lab section of the CC website)? It replaces the darkness and heavy rain with a much lighter rain. Kills most of the rain fog too. Sits at the very top of my mod list - the only green mod in my list!  It's way better than the vanilla rain and you aren't dust dry all the time. Doesn't affect snow. And it's currently snowing here in Connecticut...

Hawk

I haven't. I have the weather turned off in the Options.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 16, 2018, 07:53:22 AM
thanks for the picture even if i couldnt yet have them all load ...
but ya like you said, try to make some at max close.... and it you can tilt the camera also to max to ground with page up / page down keys ...

@RedKetchup - When I use the PageUp/PageDown keys, the tilt is so minimal it basically does nothing. Only about a .5 degree, if that.
Is there any way to increase the tilt capabilities?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 17, 2018, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on January 16, 2018, 07:53:22 AM
thanks for the picture even if i couldnt yet have them all load ...
but ya like you said, try to make some at max close.... and it you can tilt the camera also to max to ground with page up / page down keys ...

@RedKetchup - When I use the PageUp/PageDown keys, the tilt is so minimal it basically does nothing. Only about a .5 degree, if that.
Is there any way to increase the tilt capabilities?

bah usually i tilt of 5% each time i ppress it and i can press it 3 times max till it blocks. you cant be horizontal at all. i think the max is 30%
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .