News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Builders

Started by solarscreen, September 26, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Can you please post your mods in the DOWNLOADS section as well as this board? 

Thank you!

:)
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

slink

I just did that, and it also created a string of posts under Discussions.  Kind of embarrassing.  *embarrassed look*

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

solarscreen

@slink, thank you!  Yes, I set it up to create your post for you when you add your download!  Convenient!

slink

Well, yes, but shouldn't it have been created in the MOD section and not under General Discussions?

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 27, 2014, 05:05:17 AM
Well, yes, but shouldn't it have been created in the MOD section and not under General Discussions?

The MOD section still feels not quite right to me since most of the posts are in one section.  I am generating the posts about the mods in the download section under General Discussion so everyone knows when a new one gets uploaded.

I'm going to rename things in the MODS section. Maybe make the most popular one Discussion and then direct Downloads posts to there.

Any ideas?  What do you think?

RedKetchup

personally i have to post the mods at many places if i want to maximize the number of people using it.
i just wish to not have to repost them 3-4 times in same website ^^ 3-4 times multiply by 3-4 website ... i can get 16 copies ROFL.
i ve got to lose one full evening to put them on steam workshop too yesterday ^^

slink

I agree that posting the mods twice on the same forum seems needless.  @RedKetchup and I both have downloads from the MODs Garage and those are not reflected in the second copies.  We also have discussions there which are not carried over.

Here's my thoughts on organization, for what they are worth.

Conversations/Mod Ideas should be in the MOD Garage.  Conversations/Suggestions doesn't make any sense since we can't actually change the main code of the game, and Luke probably isn't reading this forum.  However, it gives a place for people to post such things.  Separating the two groups is probably impossible at this point, especially since non-modders (and to some extent even modders right now) don't always know what is possible to change by modding and what must be changed in the executable.  Maybe the best thing to do is move that into entire section the MODs Garage.

MODs Garage/Graphics is a subset of MODs, which I totally overlooked when I posted by Holstein cowskins.  It only has one post, which is a request, so that would be easy to move to Suggestions and Mod Ideas.

Same thing goes for Sounds - Music, although it does have two threads rather than one.

MODs Garage/Tutorials and MODs Garage/Tips and Help might be combined.

With all due respect, BLACKWOOD MODS appears to be dormant.  I realize that it takes time to produce things, but @RedKetchup has been making things and not just posting pretty graphics that it would not seem can be used in the production of mods for Banished.  Most of the threads in there, in fact, appear to be of the "research is underway on ..." sort.

Did this outpouring of personal opinion help any?  ;D

solarscreen

@slink thanks for the thoughts on the mod section.  I will be making some changes, just need to know if we should post a notice when a mod gets placed in the downloads section and if yes then to what board?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with Blackwood Mods. 

I would ask @RedKetchup if he would like a more dedicated area for his mods but I think he is good with what we have now.

Looks like Luke added a Steam workshop...

slink

I agree with renaming MODS Garage/Game Functions to MODS Garage/Discussions and directing the discussion of the uploaded files to that forum.  At least then the two threads for @RedKetchup's and my mods will be in the same place together.  Maybe we'll figure out how to combine the pairs.

RedKetchup

no i dont want a dedicated area ^^

the things how i do lately is : i post a discussion thread so we can have 20 page of discussion of how this or that should be made and ideas/comment about it.

and when it s time to launch a beta or complete mod , then i post it in the mod garage.

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 27, 2014, 05:16:01 PM
no i dont want a dedicated area ^^

the things how i do lately is : i post a discussion thread so we can have 20 page of discussion of how this or that should be made and ideas/comment about it.

and when it s time to launch a beta or complete mod , then i post it in the mod garage.

Sounds good to me!

slink

I moved the created posts from General Discussions to Mod Discussions.  Hope that wasn't overstepping.  I can move them back if it was.   ;)

solarscreen

Quote from: slink on September 27, 2014, 06:34:10 PM
I moved the created posts from General Discussions to Mod Discussions.  Hope that wasn't overstepping.  I can move them back if it was.   ;)

No, that's fine. Thanks for the help!

RedKetchup

when we click on :

MODS
Post your mods here with a description for members to download.

can you make them appear in grp of ... 20 ? instead of just 5 per page ?