Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Fish n Ships V1.11

Started by kid1293, July 03, 2019, 07:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Fish n Ships V1.11

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=565

V 1.1 with some houses out on the water. Read below.
V 1.11 bugfix. I had forgotten to add text and icons for Linen clothes

It started as a mod with some extra buildings for the Swamp Thing mod
but Abandoned and I wanted it to be separate with a few extra textures.

You can see the swamp textures in her stories Gator Glade
and some of the new buildings in Everglade

A few buildings with their backsides possible to go a little bit over water.
A fish smoker, a trader, and a town hall. Some storage, some jetties, and deco.
I leave it to you to discover what there is. The working jetties (except fisherman)
need a deco boat to look good. I have boats included but you are free to add your own.

V1.1 has two new jetty platforms for houses and production.
New buildings and some deco. Some nice mangrove trees.

The new jetties come in two different heights to make the water village
more living.

You build the jetties with the platform first, then you place your house
on the platform. The platform itself is ghosted but is visually needed
because the houses have no bottoms. Jetties and platforms are free to build.
Quick and easy to make a nice layout :) (You will rearrange a lot) :)

On some buildings I have placed two small 'knobs' that indicate the way to
place the building. Some pieces are just deco and are very hard to place.
The knobs should face the jetty that is connected to the platform.

This update is a work based on Abandoned's ideas. Thank her a lot for the mod!

A small tutorial by Abandoned on how to use the mod. Very useful.
:)

grammycat

I love your Swamp mod and this is a great addition-thank you for creating and sharing it with us.

kid1293

Hi everybody!

An update to Fish n Ships V1.1 with a lot of new goodies :)

taniu

@kid1293 ;D ;D ;D thanks a lot for mods this mod. Many thanks to @Abandoned ;D ;D ;D Regards

Abandoned

@kid1293 and I thought a jetty building tutorial would be helpful for this update, the system is a bit different, jetty buildings are built on platforms.  Note - there are 4 building textures besides swamp.

Picture 1 & 2  menu shows Kid/Themed/Fish n Ships/Jetty/Clean Jetty/High Large Platform

Land based Jetty pieces, like Fishing Jetty shown, have 2 f-key textures mossy and clean.  Jetty  pieces placed on water have their own submenu - Mossy Jetty and Clean Jetty.  Here you chose High or Low jetty walkways and High or Low, Small or Large Platforms.  Houses, Market, and Trader are built on Large Platforms. Cabins and others on Small Platforms.  The platforms have a section of jetty walkway attached. You can build walkways first and add platforms or place platform and connect with walkways.  Platforms do not connect directly to the river bridge.

Picture 3  After placing platform go back a submenu to Jetty Buildings to find what you want to build on jetty platform.  Buildings are clearly marked with the height and size of the platform required.  The cabins and houses must be placed with the door facing its platform walkway or another vacant platform or walkway. Most Jetty Buildings have 5 f-key texture choices. 

Pictures 4, 5, 6   The remaining buildings are trickier to place on the platforms. Kid has placed 2 small white dots on the side that must be placed next to the platform walkway.  When accessing the building info click on the sign, pot, or building to avoid getting the platform piece by mistake.  Care must be taken when using remove tool, save first.

Picture 7   Back on the first submenu you will find Deco - for land and water.  Jetty deco is made to go over water and are marked with High or Low level.  High is ground level. Washing mod pieces go on High Level.  Deco pieces from other mods may work on high jetty but some will raise the land underneath or nearby.  Save first before trying. 

Picture 8  The Jetty Rope railings for high, low, and bridge levels are placed individually.  They are found in the Jetty submenu after Jetty Buildings.  All 5 building textures are shown here in picture 8.

I hope this tutorial has been some help.  If you have any questions please ask.

taniu

@ Abandoned ;D ;D ;D Thank you very much for the guide - I will try to use some useful tips - I did not try to build a large platform on the water - I have a question if this mod will work with the DS Jetty and Bridge mod? won't they double?  how it works in the game? Regards

kid1293

I think it will work with DS mod, @taniu
Everything has unique names and should not collide with almost anything.
Give it a try.  :)

Abandoned

Thanks @taniu    :)  I did a quick test with Fish n Ships and DS jetties.  I have older version of DS jetties but the 2 mods work okay together.  The jettie pieces match up but DS color does not match well with Kid mossy texture.  DS houses can be build on or next to Kid platforms.  The bannies have a bit of problem sometimes going from one level to the other with DS stairs. 

Enjoy  :)

taniu

@ kid1293 and @ Abandoned - thank you for a clear and quick answer - I haven't tried yet - when it comes to the texture of the platform it may be different from DS - because it's an older mod - but I don't mind using it - unless @kid, the king of current mods - it will be nice for us players - maybe texure will change these 2 mods to fit - but does not have to do - necessarily? . Personally, I am very happy that this site is still live. Courtesy of @kid @Abandoned @ angainor88  I keep playing? BlackLiquid "is back, but the site is silent? Unless ita new Banished will be released Banished 2 ??? - future ???, I have a sincere heart - thanks to everyone else who contributed to this game's fantastic mods - moderators, advisor and testers. Cheers - it's summer I can't send you a case of cold beer, but maybe this?