Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

brads3

YEAR 85 SUMMER-86

since the bannies are ahead on time,they will use it to clear more land and begin the cemetary,school and playground. 2 fodder farms will be built along the IV walls.they have a lot of trees to clear for the fodder to grow, so i do want to get them started.
              they have traded for some materials along the way. they shouldn't run out of anything.hopefully that means they can build quicker.by now there is over 1000 iron and lumber.some clay,brick,glass,and other items have been stashed.

as they work to supply the builders,they also begin clearing land south of the canal.roads can be ran as i try to locate where the main city center will be.the sand and clay pits are dug.2 stables are built but waiting for fence and fodder.slowly houses are expanding across the canal.the bannies have worked so hard, i had to give them 2 5x5 piles.

pic 1:the RK cemetary and a school and playground,
pic 2: the stables and to the east a fodder hut.there is lots to clear for the grass to grow. there is grass at the start and after just a few years there is none.i will look into why this happens.i continue tweaking the start mods so it is hard to say what mod is choking the trees out.

brads3

WHY DO I PLAY THIS WAY WITH TOO MANY MODS?

ABANDONED  Nilla and others ask why i play this way.there are several reasons.1 is i push the mods to see how they will interact.sometimes this doesn't work.it does give information as to how they work.in a perfect world, all mods would load and you would get everything.we all know that doesn't work in banished."perfect world" isn't the correct term. sometimes the mods interact better 1 way in the mod order than another.some mods work better with some mods and some do not.playing this way over the years has given me lots of knowldge as to how they should interact and how they do.not all mods will work as they should even if in the mod order correctly.it is both interesting and challenging.
         since i am on the east coats of America,i am online at different hours than many players.kinda fill a gap between Europe and the rest of America timewise.if a new player comes on and asks questions as to why their game won't work,i  have answeres and can advise.lots of times if a player asked a question and didn't get an answere, they might just give up and quit playing.that would mean less players and ideas.so i think having this knowledge is helpful.
        i also hope i can help modders as well.since they do not get to play the game,their knowledge of how the mods react to one another is limited.they usually only see 1 mod at a time. 2 things i try to be careful of. 1 that i see may not be as the mod is due to my mod order.if i see a glitch or conflict,i 1st assume it is due to my own setup not the mod. if someone mentions the issue then i can add comments or info to it. i do try to let others play with new mods to weed problems before i load them.2nd,i report observations or how things seem to work,but try not to sound demanding.i do hope i don't sound that way.there are things i would like to see but don't dare even ask.not every mod should work the same or work with every mod. variety is good for the game.

RedKetchup

i thanks you @brads3  !

but sometimes how the mods we try to do are almost impossible to make it 100% work with the other mods cause cause as you said, thats the way banished is working.
and since only the top one control the map generator... thats sad.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YOU ARE WELCOME.sometimes it is good that not all mods work together. it does add diversity to the start maps.the 1 i am on now,the fodder has quit growing which is different.i know other players kept complaining they had too much.with mod adjustments it is possable to have less thatch-fodder but still ave the animals.
      it is also interesting that you can have several forests with different outputs on the same map.a FO,RK,and a CC orchard forest will yield different foods.in RL not everything grows well everywhere.the game mirrors that quite well.the new changes you made to how or where things spawn will be fun to play with.

the only way to fully make starts controlled by a player where they could have everything,is if each mod was set to  ONLY add what it was designed for.each mega mod would have to drop all the other coding.i am not a modder so this may not b completely possable but it would be a ton of work. you would need a mod for terrain,1 for plants,trees,climate,etc. my understanding of the coding is this may only help so far.we can add the pine trees and NAT DIV.beyond that it gets tricky.
        my understanding is there are lines of code that include several parts.hence these lines won't allow the game to add multiple scenarios. the RK adds the animals but that part of the code is affected by the NAT DIV.the game won't add the thatch from the NAT DIV and then add the animals and copper ore of the RK.it will change how the thatch is used thou.the thatch can be fed to stables as fodder.
     i can't see inside deep enough to know. it seems the NAT DIV has a code line that affects how deer spawn.since the NAT DIV does nothing to deer i assume that part of the code is included in a line that does somethig to the NAT DIV.
         i don't think it is realistic to even try to split the mods to try it. i wouldn't dare ask for so much work.that being said it would be good if some thngs did work from across maps from different modders. like TOM's merchants that don't pay the same all the time.or your animals.

Abandoned

:) You do good work @brads3, useful and good information for those who use many mods at a time.  As you say, mod order can confuse whether problem is with mod or with order.  My pick and choose method works well for me, I rarely if ever have a problem or have to adjust mod order.  I like to pick mods for a map that complement each other and add variety and a difference to each map, one of the reasons I prefer non-mega type mods.  I do hope Red will be dividing up his mega, it is already too big for me.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on August 29, 2018, 03:58:12 AM
I do hope Red will be dividing up his mega, it is already too big for me.

did you really gave it a chance ?

brads3

YEAR 87

the plan is to extend 20 spaces south of the canal road,then work on the city center and build up around it.in this space will go some processors.food processors to the east and the glass and brick to the west.this will cut down on the materials in those 2 piles.to gain more space,a trade post will stock stone.
        a candle factory,perfeumery,jewel maker,gem cutter,and bakery are completed. a ketchup factory is near a creamery to the east. a glass factory and brick kiln are to the west.
          some of this goes slow at times.i juggle between needing to move the bannies and trying to stunt the population growth.it does work out and there is a nice payoff for the effort.

pic 1:RK church,housing is being built for the clay and sand workers
pic 2:glass factory and brick maker to the west.
pic 3:RK processors
pic 4: near the ketchup factory will be more food processors

RedKetchup

i see you use more and more the RK Ed buildings... do you like it ?

Abandoned

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 29, 2018, 05:21:57 AM
Quote from: Abandoned on August 29, 2018, 03:58:12 AM
I do hope Red will be dividing up his mega, it is already too big for me.

did you really gave it a chance ?

@RedKetchup I will most definitely try mod again but there are way too many production chains for my liking and too much all in one.  I cannot keep thoughts on good storyline when having to deal with all that. Juggling load order and having to stop to cool down laptop is not my idea of fun.  It is a shame, there are so many good things included.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on August 29, 2018, 08:00:54 AM
Juggling load order and having to stop to cool down laptop is not my idea of fun.  It is a shame, there are so many good things included.  :)

no need to juggle with load order... just try mine alone :)

Abandoned

brads3

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 29, 2018, 07:21:42 AM
i see you use more and more the RK Ed buildings... do you like it ?

yes and no. and this is nothing against the mod. i usually prefer the colonial style houses. i always liked the NMT meat processors ,since the bannies have no refrigeration ,it makes sence to dry,salt, or smoke meats.the RK's do require better building materials,but that isn't an issue.it isn't to hard to make enough lumber or take some materials in trade.
      i don't make cities often.usually small villages or towns.the older NMT houses never fit that way. these new houses have so many options that you can use them more.the old wood and "old stone" houses can fit in more towns than the older white 1's.
      overall there is so much in this mod, a player should want this in their toolbox. as ABANDONED said it can be overwhelmig since it does have so much.you don't need to build all the parts or chains.the copper ore can be traded that is collected. there is a nice variety to the storage barn sizes.the iron foundry takes iron to build, but doesn't use up firewood to function.thedre is a ton of flexiblity and smart ideas added into the mod.

what is amazing is the file size. the RK is less than half the size of the CC JOURNEY. yet it brings many of the same production chains.this gives my comp the ability to use more mods.

wait til you see what is coming between now and the 100 year mark.

brads3

YEAR 88-89

1 stable will start producing fertilizer.we begin to lay the north road of the city center.others continue to clear a dairy pasture.the bannies slow down on clearing,so more piles have been added. the other canal TP is now storing logs.

the city street is going alright.there are some repairs needed at some intersections.a central market has been finished to help move materials. a sugarhouse is completed and several houses.2 fields of wheat will supply the canal mill.a field of sugarbeets should be ready for planting soon.

pic 1: North city street
pic 2: sugarhouse and creamery

brads3

YEAR 90 REVIEW

population 779,93% educated in 220 houses.  i do have bannies going homeless now and then.seems to be when the family is split by the river,some walking on 1 side and the rest across it.production is stable and there is a huge food reserve.we do have more laborers than i like.most workplaces have been enabled.there are just a few with issues or lacking materials.

the canal went quickly.a city has started to stretch south of it.the city road does run across the north and down both sides of the center.a central market plaza has 1 worker and just started to be stocked.it may need more workers to maintain enough food.the bannies should be able to use that to clear around the center faster.while they do that,i want to finish the main outer road and extend it back to the east.the bridge should cross close to the southern lighthouse.
    i don't want to place a lot of houses without putting more bannies to work.that with the slow down in clearing,would just build the population. my biggest concern is hitting the fatal error limit and crashing too early.a lot depends on how well the bannies work.

pic 1: yr 90 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: luxury and population graphs