News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How do I add to Steam?

Started by IcySelena, September 13, 2018, 01:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcySelena

Hello everybody.
I'm new to World of Banished, but have plenty of time playing the game of Banished.
My question is how do I add mods on WOB to my Steam game as that's how I am playing?

Thank you in advance.

RedKetchup

you have to open your Steam client , to the left you will see your game Banished. you right click on the name and a menu will open. you choose "properties" in that list. Then a window will open up. click on the tab named "Local files" and click on the button named "Browse local files" a window will appear.

you will see the folder named " WinData" click or double click to go there.

Thats the folder you need to put your mods from here.

now, you certainly already downloaded some mods... go to see them in a new window, right click on your mod you want to add (the name needs to end by .pkm) you right click on it and choose the option "copy"
then go to your other window where you were in the WinData folder and right click somewhere in this window and choose "paste". your computer will put a copy of your mod in that WinData folder; your WinData folder of your Steam Banished Game.

start the game and enable it.

notes:
if you have a .zip or a .rar as file, you need to uncompress it before to extract the .pkm from it.
make sure the name of the .pkm never has any (1) or (2) inside it, it will make them not working properly.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

IcySelena

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Just to add to Red's comments: I first bought Banished from Steam and have used the Steam version all along. BUT, I have never, ever used mods from the Steam workshop. Why? Because I like to control when my mods update. Some updates break save games, and I often work for several weeks on a town and I don't want it to break before I finish with it (no town in Banished is ever really "finished"). If I get all my mods from WOB and other sources such as Black Liquid, I can update what needs to be updated between towns and start a new town with the updated mods.

I have also created a second folder parallel to windata where I have a folder for every mod I use (some mods I have a folder for each version). I call it "downloaded mods," but you can call it whatever you want. That is where I download the zips and rars and unpack them. Then I can copy mods in and out of windata when I want to use a different combination of mods for a particular town.

galensgranny

@IcySelena , I have Steam, but the way I add mods is to go to my computer and find the Steam folder.  On my computer it is in Program Files (x86).  The, open the Steam folder, find and open the Steamapps folder, then open the Common folder.  Inside the Common folder you will find the Banished folder.  Open that and folder and you will the Windata folder.  All the mods you download go in there- just the .pkm files after you unzip any mods that are in a Zip folder.  You can totally avoid interacting with Steam at all for adding mods by this method.  The way Red described is fine too, but I just prefer my way.

IcySelena

Thank you all for your answers and suggestions. I might do that from now on, especially doing different files of windata for ease of doing varities for towns. My brother also plays.

I really appreciate everybody.