News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Dendrum

Started by brads3, July 11, 2019, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

DENDRUM- CC zoo

the last piece to the original TOWN'S map is the zoo. since this requires a CC version, would need to dumb down the mod order to have enough computer to handle the larger file. i did go with the oldest version that i have with the animals,the CC TFA.this mod is back to banished 1.04 or 1.05.with both compatabiity files there should be no major issues.i actuallly took everything out and added them back in.got the mod count down to 86. this will probably mean i'll be somewhat lost.

so far, every map that i intended to add the zoo to has ran into issues. hopefully i can get past the curse.  one problem is how to lay this out. i want it to look decent. with all the new pasture animals,i figure it will take at least a 100x100 area. it does need to have a lake. we need access to the river to the edge of the zoo. i don't want to build it around a village.at the same time i will need housing for 50-100 bannies to operate the zoo.

MAP Dendrum,300843751,plain<no dirt>,medum size,fair,no disasters,medium 2 with tomato,cherry, cattle,

not the best starting spot but it will work. the zoo can go to the right of the lake.we wll set up a work camp and worl toward getting a trade post on the main river.1 is sent to fish for trout.whle an orchard and field are planted,the builder lays out a road and begins work on a stone bridge. soon as the bridge is completed,we start on a temporary 12x12 holding pen.then a meetng area and shed for supplies for nomad helpers.

whenever the builder fell behind, someone went to help him. when the laborers were too far ahead, they cut trees and gathered more food.we spent the winter gathering firewood and building houses.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: start
pic 3: holding pen and crops
pic 4: mini TH,more houses,and firewood chopper

Nilla

Nice to see you back again with new ideas. And yes "only"  86 mods, sure you will be lost. ;)

moonbelf

Will follow this zoo as it seems an interesting idea. ONLY 86 mods??!

brads3

yes,removed CC addons except start mods since they are incuded with the CC TFA,most of the food processors and colonial mods,no pine mod,no nordic climate,most of TOM's,half of EB and KID's mods.already was looking for the nordic wharehouse.WinData folder is still .25 GB larger than before. the game should have less calculations and graphics to deal with, so it should function without issue.   

brads3

YEAR 2

we will spend the year getting ready for new workers. they will need coats and tools.a RH tailor and blacksmith are needed.once a boardinghouse is completed we start stocking up on supplies.

what do we use for trade? with CC there are more options.however to build the workplaces, we will need different materials.knowing the cherry  orchards will prodcue well here,we decide to brew it and ship cider.a 12x12 dense orchard is cleared and the white swan tavern built. then the road is extended west across the stream. that area will supply logs for the zoo fencing as well as lumber.

we have a decent start. each year, we have produced and gathered twice the food we have used. we store cider for trade.we are ready for new workers to arrive.the backsmith has made rough tools with iron ore to conserve stone. a quick hunter has helped suppy leather for coats. with the mod order changes we have less textiles.we will need lots of stone and wood to build the zoo.

pic 1: RH tailor and blacksmith
pic 2: boardinghouse
pic 3:white swan

brads3

YEAR 3

since we don't have lumber, a small general trading post is built.to move supplies, we decide to build 2 RK markets,1 for stone and 1 for logs.while the laborers haul stone,they also gather more food and herbs.now that we have more storage space,we can stockpile more supplies and materials. fertiizer will ve traded along with the cider.

pic 1: east bridge
pic 2: small TP
pc 3: RK markets for building supplies

brads3

YEAR 4

a group of 8 nomad helpers arrive.they head east to work on the forest.a forest barn,gatherer and hunter huts need built. by fall, we had enough materials moved to hire more builders. a crop field was plowed and the workers set off searching for more food and herbs.

pic 1: forest barn and cabins
pic 2:forest set

brads3

YEAR 5

the more cider we produce the more we use up food.knowing these bannies will just drink the extra instead of store it,i set the limit back to 100. the TP has 500 stocked,enough to take in a seed.

we need to buid 1 house for the 2 laborers living in the boardinghouse.they can help haul rocks and logs.
then we work to sert up a second holding pen.this will be 20x20.this will allow us to take in more animals for the zoo. we can almost triple the size of the beef herd.  while the laborers work to clear land, a vendor is sent to empty the work piles.

we traded for turnip seed.

it is a slower start but i think it'll pay off.the TP has enough stock to take in seed or animals.the forester is busy clearing rocks and planting trees. we left room for crops before the zoo walls and space for a stone quarry. the laborers took time to gather food and herbs.

RED's market vendors are not as helpful as SLINK's.he makes the workers carry the materials back to a pile before he will haul them.i was almost certain he wouldn't but it was worth a try.

pic 1: inventory and cider to TP adjustments.
pic 2: 2nd holdig pen

theonlywanderer

Charcoal.......   that's the key to CC.

Takes 5 logs to make 55 charcoal.   Charcoal has a value of 3 for a total of 165 value.

Ditch firewood all together and use Stacks Burners to stock up all the Charcoal you could ever want for both fuel and trading.

For log supply, I setup a dedicated industry trading post and tell every merchant to only bring logs and use Charcoal to trade for those logs.   Logs are value 2 when special ordered.    Population determines how many logs they bring, so you can adjust it over time.   I typically keep 300 charcoal in inventory for a value of 900.   That gets 450 logs per purchase which is more then enough to keep a supply for making more charcoal and building purposes.

The more trading posts you build... IE... food, farm, whichever.... the faster boats come and the more logs you will build up so you have to play with the numbers to maintain whatever flow you need.   Ports do max out on how many you can auto purchase due to their weights and it's 700 charcoal in inventory and auto purchase 1050 logs.   So if you need a bigger flow then 1050 per merchant, you can build another port the same way or you can manually open the port and purchase more before dismissing.  I've seen merchants bring 3,000 logs.   But 1050 per merchant tends to be more then enough anyway when it's auto purchasing every time a merchant comes, which is quite often when you have plenty of varying trade ports built.

You can add more stacks burners easily enough to accommodate charcoal for use at all trading ports.   Food, clothing, tools...  just build more stacks burners as needed.  They only require 2 workers and produce a lot.

By ditching firewood, your charcoal becomes the only fuel and doesn't have to compete, so it just keeps flowing.

brads3

that is 1 way to play it for sure. my houses will burn the thatch as a backup. i won't be short on logs with the RK once the trees mature and the forester gets more planted. i went slow cause i've been trying to plan where things are going to go. i knew when i cut the mod count down, i'd be lost a while searching for mods i don't have enabled.

i was glad i had the cherry to start so we can maker cider.normally, i have the pine mod and have more textiles and trade coats.here i am trading cider and fertilizer.i do have the CC trade animals,so will trade horses. hardest part is getting a boat to bring me what i need. they bring everything else.

Artfactial

Nice idea! It'll be fun to see how many different species you can collect.:)
A 20x20 beef cow pasture is huge the leather income from that will be quite nice. Do you use RKCE wit this as well? The fertilizer from the beef cows makes for a good trading item too.

brads3

of coursehave to use the RK EC. that has the most livestock animals. the CC has a huge assostment of decoration aninmals. hoping the zoo has enough room for them all.

brads3

YEAR 6

we begin to clear land for the zoo walls. a castle wall from KID's Gothic Fantasy mod will be used to surround the zoo.i also plan to use RED's city roads.once land is cleared for the western wall, the road is doubled and stone is hauled for the wall.we work to clear land until frost, then work to gather food and herbs.to keep the workers safe, a qick hnter is sent now and then to deal with bison herds.so far we haven't seen any wild boars and ony a few elk.

at 15 our youngsters pair up.1 of our single females moved a male nomad in.most of the older chidren are female so  we hold off building houses  for this year.

food reserve is increased to over 10,000 and we made 100 tools.the builder is already asking for help to set stone while he mixes mud. he will be given 2 helpers next year.

pic :zoo  wall foundation

brads3

YEAR 7

while the 3 builders work to build the zoo wall,the laborers grab shovels and dig an EB rock quarry. when the other workers have time, they collect and haul in more stone.

in late spring,10 new nomad helpers arrive.2 families build towers for the zoo entrance.4 are sent to work the quarry.the zoo workers at the gate towers prepped 2 fields.hopefully a merchant brings a grain seed soon.

pic 1:EB quarry
pic 2: gate towers

brads3

YEAR 8

we need 2 rowhouses for the quarry workers. a small CC market will store tools and suppplies for the zoo workers.the outer zoo wall is extended and our 1st pasture for the petting zoo area is cleared. soon,we can move the beef cattle.

since a newlywed couple wanted to work at the quarry,we had to build the end tower to get everyone  moved out of the boardinghouse.

pic 1:RH's and CC small market
pic 2:cattle pasture being fenced
pic 3::end tower