News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice 1.31 Full - Town Hall crashes game

Started by MarkAnthony, June 19, 2019, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

the vanilla townhall required more buildings before you would get nomads. needed a market and trade post as well as the townhall. mods have changed those requirements so it is easier to get nomads to arrive.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Abandoned on June 20, 2019, 11:08:17 AMRegarding the 1:1 aging mod.  I do not know who recommends its use to new players, I certainly would not recommend it to anyone who is not well familiarized with the basic vanilla game itself.  It does make the start more difficult due to the lack of workers early on and requires more micro-managing.  It is certainly not boring.
No one specifically suggested to me to use it. I just saw a post somewhere about it's use and their discussion of the parameters used for the various time/years etc,. for schools, child marriages and whatnot. It seemed interesting so I thought I'd give it a go. Wow! lol  More like it gave me a go!

And yeah, it's certainly not boring though it is time consuming.

Quote from: brads3 on June 20, 2019, 11:16:36 AM
the vanilla townhall required more buildings before you would get nomads. needed a market and trade post as well as the townhall. mods have changed those requirements so it is easier to get nomads to arrive.
Well, it's good to know we can build without those restrictions now other than having to build or trade for the materials needed to build structures in the first place.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Okay @RedKetchup ,

Two things you can see in this screenshot below:

I moved your warehouse mod below RKEC and I added your Town Hall patch. Sadly, it didn't seem to work. I placed the vanilla Town Hall and then clicked on the building's footprint to open it's progress window but then the game crashed for the fourth time.

Some things I will try next:

• Remove the Town Hall patch since it didn't seem to make a difference that I am aware of.
  • Before my third game crash happened I placed the Town Hall to be built but I didn't touch it's building footprint at first. I think on my next attempt to build it (fifth attempt) I will do that again. I will place it but this time I won't touch it at all; I'll just wait for it to get built. After it's built and is supposed to be usable I will then try to click on it. Unfortunately, I am still expecting it to crash even after it's built but hopefully it won't.
  • If my fifth attempt crashes yet again, then I will try building a different type of Town Hall as suggested by @Nilla and see if I can make any of them and use them without issue.
  • I don't know what else to try but I will not give up using RKEC, that's for sure!  ;)
Any other ideas maybe?

Thanks.

RedKetchup

man ! Mark !

why you dont do what i said ?
cant help you if you ignore what i am telling you.

you did nothing of what i said
destroy your townhall without clicking on it.
save
alt-tab
then go here : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=489
download the RKECtownhall.pkm patch and place it in your windata folder.
i think you need to reload the game so it can see there is a new mod in there...
restart game, load your town.
then go to the mods you used for your town, add that RKECtownhall.pkm patch, make sure it is all on top of your list.

let it reload and should be fine. save on another slot still, and build your townhall.

and dont move your warehouse mod order. you started with it at top, let it at top of rkec. (unless want to destroy it same as townhall before making switch place.)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 20, 2019, 12:38:11 PM
man ! Mark !

why you dont do what i said ?
cant help you if you ignore what i am telling you.

you did nothing of what i said
Aww!   :(

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 20, 2019, 12:38:11 PM
and dont move your warehouse mod order. you started with it at top, let it at top of rkec. (unless want to destroy it same as townhall before making switch place.)
I wasn't ignoring you @RedKetchup! I originally had your warehouse mod above RKEC and showed you that in my very first screenshot further up in the comments but you then asked me why I did that! Here, I'll show you:

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 20, 2019, 10:39:22 AM
why did you put the warehouse top ? should be at bottom of the list ?
I thought that was you telling me I had it in the wrong spot so I moved it. Okay, I'll put the warehouse mod back up top above RKEC.
As far as "removing the town hall" via the Remove Structures tool button, there isn't anything to remove - at least not as far as I can tell.
  • The game crashes
  • The game exits
  • I relaunch the game and go back to my last saved game PRIOR to me placing the Town Hall down to be built.
  • So when I go back to my saved game, there is no Town Hall building footprint to remove.
So I don't understand why you are getting mad at me. I'm trying to do what you tell me to, truly.

Maybe this is what you meant? You want me to place the Town Hall building down and THEN immediately delete it without ever touching it? Then save the game, exit the game, add the patch, relaunch game, and reload saved game?

If you say, "yes, that's what I meant" then I have a question for you. How does placing it down, then immediately deleting it change anything? After I delete it and reload the game with the Town Hall patch, there still will be no Town Hall and I will have to place it down again. The cycle repeats, no?

MarkAnthony

Or maybe you mean this?
After the game crashes and I restart the game, the building footprint of the Town Hall will still be there, even though I don't see it? So even though the game crashed on me you think the Town Hall footprint is still there? And even though I don't see it, just use the Remove Structures tool over the area I think it occupies?
I don't want you to be mad at me, I'm sorry if there is a misunderstanding.

brads3

wonder if it is because of adding the patch mod to a saved game?  did you load the saved game and enable the pacth to the saved game just endabling it to the mod order won't add it to any exiosting saved games. it does have to be manually added,then saved, EXIT THE GAME COMPLETELY,and restart the game and reload the saved game. if you forget to exit and try to play it would crash again.

if you don't click on thr TH until it is built,it will work fine.once it is built, you can use the townhall.

once a map is started,i try not to move the mod order at all. safer to make notes and move them for the next map. however you can add mods to the bottom without issue. as you are finding out,adding and moving mid game can be tricky. did you have a TP already built? the glitch that the patch fixes does tie to a couple buildings.

MarkAnthony

Sorry @brads3, your wording here is a little confusing to me.

Quote from: brads3 on June 20, 2019, 01:14:53 PMwonder if it is because of adding the patch mod to a saved game?  did you load the saved game and enable the pacth to the saved game just endabling it to the mod order won't add it to any exiosting saved games. it does have to be manually added,then saved, EXIT THE GAME COMPLETELY,and restart the game and reload the saved game. if you forget to exit and try to play it would crash again.

Here is what I did after RedKetchup told me to use the Town Hall patch:

• I switched out of the browser tab of the forums here and opened a new browser tab to download the patch RedKetchup told me about.
  • I downloaded it, and unzipped it into my WinData folder.
  • I used the Mod Manager program made by @JM to enable the patch and place it in the mod list above RKEC. Then I "wrote that" mod list to the game file via the Mod Manager program.
  • I launched the game.
  • When the game came up I checked the mods to see if the patch was enabled and in the correct order. It was.
  • Then I loaded my saved game that was prior to me building the Town Hall.
  • After loading the saved game and entering the game, I immediately hit the ESC key to get to the game menu.
  • I opened the game menu to check again that the patch was enabled and in the right order and it was.
  • I then resumed the game, built the Town Hall again ... clicked on it again... and it crashed again.
Again, your wording in the quoted section above is a little difficult for me. Are you saying I should:

• repeat steps 1 through 8 up above
  • and on step 9 don't re-enter the game but immediately save the game again to a new slot
  • then exit the game
  • then restart the game
  • then reload the new saved game
  • then try to build the Town Hall for the sixth time?
Any help in clarification would be appreciated. I don't know if RedKetchup will reply to me anymore, I think he's frustrated at me and I feel bad about that.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on June 20, 2019, 01:14:53 PMif you don't click on thr TH until it is built,it will work fine.once it is built, you can use the townhall.
I'm hoping it will work that way, but I'm not so sure anymore. LOL I'm afraid to even touch it anymore!  ???

Quote from: brads3 on June 20, 2019, 01:14:53 PM
   once a map is started,i try not to move the mod order at all. safer to make notes and move them for the next map. however you can add mods to the bottom without issue. as you are finding out,adding and moving mid game can be tricky.
That's good to know - add to the very bottom and don't change their orders mid-game and all should be well.  Thanks and yeah, tricky and messy!

did you have a TP already built? the glitch that the patch fixes does tie to a couple buildings.
Yeah, I had both of the Trade Post types up and running before my last two attempts to build the Town Hall.  Are you asking if I had the Trade Posts built already because this Town Hall patch also changes or fixes something about the Trade Posts too?

MarkAnthony

if you don't click on thr TH until it is built,it will work fine.once it is built, you can use the townhall.

Okay, my Town Hall is up and running and yes, I can click on it now and use it. It was close though, I almost accidentally clicked on it a few times before the beginning of construction was visible. It was really hard to fight the urge to purposely click on it too. I had no idea if it was short on materials or anything as I kept waiting for visual clues that anything was even being done. In this sixth and final attempt I forgot to check if I had all the building supplies needed beforehand.  Whoops!

Thanks everyone for all your help, and patience.

RedKetchup

i am not mad at you Mark :)

the explication is : some building changes need to be destroyed and rebuild so the changes become active.

about the warehouse and changing orders: it can be done, but again, you would need to destroy all the warehouse in game. So you started with it on top, unless you destroy all, you need to keep it there. and next town you place below rkec. you cannot change order like that.

about modmanager, changing an order in a saved game ? ? ? not sure it can be done. changing order with it before a new game ok, but in a save game ? not sure it did all correctly (since you still crashed)

RedKetchup

QuoteQuote from: RedKetchup on Today at 01:39:22 PM
why did you put the warehouse top ? should be at bottom of the list ?

I thought that was you telling me I had it in the wrong spot so I moved it.  Okay, I'll put the warehouse mod back up top above RKEC.As far as "removing the town hall" via the Remove Structures tool button, there isn't anything to remove - at least not as far as I can tell.

yes it is at wrong spot but you started your game with it there, and cause that you got problem. but cannot put it at bottom in your save game anymore unless you destroy all warehouses, then change order, then rebuild all warehouse.

some building changes need a destroy/rebuild and some case of hard changes, need a destroy/change/then_rebuild.
if there is an info not available anymore, the game will crash.

Nilla

I read some of the entries in this thread a bit and I must laugh. It says a lot about this game and the fact that we all play different and experience different things.

@brads3 says that a real-time mod makes the start easier, @Abandoned says it makes the start harder. What is the truth?

I can say they are both right and I can say they are both wrong. Some aspects get easier, some harder. I can only say it changes the gameplay and the dynamic of the game. Everyone needs to find out for themselves. But OK, that´s only my opinion. It may be as right or wrong as the opinions of the others.  :D

Go on @MarkAnthony try to find out what´s right for you. But I would also recommend playing a bit vanilla before you start with all the lovely mods. Make a few achievements. You can´t use any mods for those.

brads3

NLLA,how does the 1 year mods,there are several dfferent mods, make the game harder? it slows the population growth but there are many ways to speed that back up. using these mods or playing at vanilla speed has always been  a debate. but how does it make the game harder?

i do advise new players to use it. those couple of years without the population growing give the players time to actually see things and learn the game.instead of frantically building houses and planting crops,they can look around the maps and tool bars.they players can take time to follow a bannie and see how they act.they can focus more on the day to day activities and how much work the workplaces can get done.gives time to learn other game mechanics like the limits and how to use them. the flow of goods to barns and markets.

the bannies will use this time to build stockpiles of supplies and food.less chance of things going wrong all at once, than if the population was out-growing everything. the more a new player interacts with the bannies the longer i figure they will stay playing the game. if they ran on vanilla and out of food,they might get frustrated and stop playing. after killing a map or 2,they might be bored from just building houses and planting fields.   new players bring so many new ideas for mods and also new modders. we need these players staying around.

brads3

as for when to start adding mods. i assume that by the time they found their way here to WOB,they have played vanilla a while. most come here lookinig for something specific that their game is missing a mill and bakery,a way to can or preserve am,different animals.etc. i agree that adding 1 or 2 mods at atime is the right way to go. that gives them a chance to learn the tedious task of adding mods and exiting repeatedly. thankfully the old way has been changed with the MOD MANAGER.

do we really think anyone follows that advice? this place is like a candy or toy store to a kid."i want that 1, and that 1, and ohh this 1......"LOL we have many neat toys to play with.