News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

good question. been a while since i used the original Nat Div. RED was working on the issue of the grass dying off.he hasn't been modding lately.

the Nat Div changes the textures of the original plants. i can't remember if it added any except the grass. RED changed the RKEC some along the way. different versions will have different results. some were more connected to the grass ,most of the berries.

i don't recommend clearing the land completely. clear trees and the rocks with the different tools. depending on mods used,you get a variety of foods and herbs. these change by mods and not all tools will clear all items. you might even have 2 food collecting tools. if you scroll over an area,different foods will show red for different tools.

like the real world,each map is different and so is each forest.

MarkAnthony

Hey @kid1293 ?

Could you remind me please which of your mods had the 2 person occupancy? I think your Mexican one had it with those Siesta Huts or whatever you named them but that mod wouldn't fit in with my northern mountain/forest themed game.

I've built nothing but 4 person homes and I'm just not getting them to make enough babies to boom my population. I am approaching my third wave of old age die offs and I am not getting laborers fast enough to replace them and also keep up with production. My next wave to die off are all past their child-bearing ages and occupy seven of my homes. I'd like to kick them out and force them into 2 person dwellings.

Thank you.

P.S: For anyone else willing to answer, what other mods besides Kid's have 2 person homes?
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

catty-cb

The DS Small Village: Homes (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=214) has some tents and pretty small houses (3 people)

kid1293

The monk's house in my Medieval Grace has only 1 person but another
can move in if the monk is inclined to accept it ;D (they sure are) but
they will get no children.

The four houses to the right.

brads3

if you build 2 person houses now,won't that make the situation that you have worse? in time these bannies will die and be replaced with fertile bannies but willl have no children.

MarkAnthony

Thank you catty-cb, Kid, and Brad.

Frankly @brads3, I didn't think that far ahead lol. You've got a point.

catty-cb

Can't remember in which one of kid1293 mods its in, but he has these nomad wells ... I've got the 5% version, 9 times out of 10 when they turn up I send them away, but if my population is starting to get a bit elderly or I've had a lot of deaths then I accept them, especially if it looks like they have a lot of kids

Goblin Girl

This is the time to build 6 person houses, not tiny ones. 

So, I typically organize into neighborhoods.  I try to micromanage during the first 10 years or so, with the goal of having a mix of ages and house sizes.  I try to have two or three very large houses, five or six normal, five person houses, and two or three that hold three or fewer.   I find that once I get this set up, it works pretty well.  I mean yes, sometimes you have the old couples living in the big houses.  But eventually this will not be an issue, because you have enough neighborhoods to cover the population growth.

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

Thank you for the visual confirmation @irrelevant .  I'm surprised they were even able to fit between the docks and shoreline lol.  :D

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony yeah, it is not a simple thing to find a spot where one will fit.

MarkAnthony

Good morning @kid1293

Would you do me a favor please and check your KidStorageCarts mod? Your Workplace cart says it accepts coal but I have two of your Workplace carts outside my coal mine and they would rather walk across the bridge to the other side and drop the coal off at a normal stockpile "8 inches on screen" away.

Thank you.

MarkAnthony

Just letting you know @irrelevant and @Abandoned that this current game I am in has two trade ports on a stream and they are being visited quite regularly. Thanks again for the confirmation @irrelevant:)

kid1293

Hi @MarkAnthony - I have fixed the missing Coal flag in the file. It should work now.
I don't know how it will behave if you update in a game. Keep a backup if you test.
I can not update the Market Carts. The files are missing.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=337

MarkAnthony

Thank you for the fix, Kid.  :)