News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Lehighwood

Started by brads3, October 05, 2018, 04:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Lehighwood,604129374,valleys,medium sized,fair and medium start,disasters off    strawberry,apricots

mod order: added KID's welcome sign for nomads and slid the wagonHO back below the RK.this will change the wild animals back to RED's bison and vary the herds.the mod manager makes this easier and faster than doing it in game.

map goal: supply the railroad workers with alcohol. according to Gatherer's notes, not all alcohol can be traded with the train stations.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2269.180 he did a list of the functions of each building and piece.what can't be shipped via the train will keep the bannies happy or be shipped from a TP. there is a huge list of options whiskey,beer,ale,cider,mead,etc.we will see how many we can produce.

where do we start? it will take some time before we have enough food and workers to produce any ales.at the start there is several things needed.  firewood,tools,clothing and food.we chose not to grow the apricots but did plant 1 field of strawberries. a quickhunter and fisherman were sent out to gain food.the wood chopper, tailor and blacksmith will help the laborers a lot in the beginning.they will be short of materials and help when they do hit their limits. hopefully we get most of the buildings done before autumn.then we can search for more food.while the workers supply the building projects,i try to keep them busy clearing trees or stone to build the stockpile up.just don't overdo it and fill it.if it gets full the laborers can't clear for the next building.usually i will use 1 builder.here i went with 2 since i built a larger BS and tailor shop. the bannies can live in the boardinghouse for the 1st year.they will build houses once the main workshops are built.in the fall they will collect food and then build more in winter.the quickhunter gets moved as the animals scatter from all the construction noise.one thing to remember is where you place the firewood storage.if the chopper walks by it to collect logs, he will fill it. if the storage is on the other side of him,he will fill the pile instead.

while the workers are busy, i can check out the land around the starting point.this isn't a bad spot. there is some mountains and hills around but enough flat land to work with too.i do want to keep a good space near the lake open.since i will have to ship ales by rail and boat,this will leave room to connect the 2 without demolishing buildings.probably most shipping will be to the southeast where the river runs out from the lake.for now i will work to expand north and east.there is a mining mountain to the west that will supply iron or trade minerals.

during the winter,the firewood and tool limits are increased to build reserves up.the post office and undetaker and cemetary are built.these village buildings function as houses.working closer to center keeps the farmer near his field for spring.
      by spring 2 couples remain in the boardinghouse. a claims office Th and our basic service work shops are completed.the firewiood storage and stockpile are both over half full. we have made more tools and clothing more than we used. we also cleared a 2nd strawberry field. fruit needs to be overstocked so we can make all the ales and ciders later.

since i don't use the autosave,i do make 2 saves in the spring.this is just a saefty in case 1 save is corrupted or you accidently save over it.sometimes  shortages will take a couple years to cause problems and going back a little more is the best way to avoid them.it can also be handy to save when nomads arrive or trade boats.

pic 1 map settings
pic 2 map start
pic 3 basic work shops
pic 4 yr 1 houses

RedKetchup

do you know what i love the most of necora work ?

thats the fact there are some tree species that are a lot smaller and lower than the other trees. and that fill your view of the forest quite very nicely.
for example, your last screenshot, to the left, you see a big forest with tons of different size of trees and which is making more realist.

the only thing with Necora work, his meshes totally lack of shadows and some have a thin white line all around the leaves which make other model very ugly.
but i love the overall concept.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

he is missed for sure.glad you like the pics and forests. i miss my meadows thou.there is less of them with the RK than with the NatDiv.the NatDiv leaves some spaces that the trees haven't grown as thick. like you said it adds some realism to the maps.

i have my mod order tweaked better.your RK controls most of the spawning of food plants.i do see more fruit on this map than the last 1.most of the pine items clear except for the trapper items.beaver lodges,eggs,and fox holes can only be cleared by the trapper to collect them.there is 2 types of bird nests,1 from the RK and the other from the pine. there is less leaf trees than when i use a CC added on.the forests are more northern set than before.the aspens are missing.subtle differences from 1 map to the next by just changing a mod or 2.

Maldrick

Anybody heard anything from Necora since last fall?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

it has been a while since NECORA was around.RED has emailed him.

Maldrick

Awesome.  Just getting back to the game and have been playing with Maritimes a bit.  Absolutely awesome but could use some tweaking. And would love to see more.  He's done some very interesting things with it, for sure.

How've you been, Brads?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 05, 2018, 09:25:42 PM
it has been a while since NECORA was around.RED has emailed him.

yeah and i didnt got any responds.
looks like he doesnt check his email he used for signing here anymore.
or he didnt cared to answer hahaha
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

what more tweaking would you like to see MALDRICK? anything specific?  the game itself with all the modders,lets us players do some of it.each year there has been big changes to the start maps.

me? oh i have days like everyone.stomach goes in a cycle.was sick last weekend.after way to much time and effort,i have the mod order working with no real issues.every mod in it works.i do have a weird glicth to teh nomads.the percent mods by KID bring odd numbers.usually more nomads than i want there to be.how have you been?

brads3

mod list 130 mods.

NewLimitVanillaTP=1
NomadSignComplete=1
WheelbarrowBigger=1
stopcoalburn=1
CCNoSmoke=1
BlackLiquidRain=1
banishedUImaps=1
Forgetaboutorchard=1
FlaxPatch=1
MaritimesPineSet=1
SeasonFX=1
SafetyHole=1
unlimited=1
EBSVVanillaMineOverride=1
MaritimesCrystalCliffs=1
BlacksmithTools=1
RenewableResources=1
KidGothicFarm=1
MyPrecious=1
WoodButcher=1
KidForestOutpostNatDiv=1
RKEditorChoiceEdition=1
KidWestwardHoWagons=1
MiniBuildings=1
NECEmptySquare=1
MaritimesStorage=1
MaritimesSherbrooke=1
EBSVProduction=1
EBMarkets=1
EBStorageSet=1
EBSVBeach=1
EBSVBeachLarge=1
EBSVDecoResort=1
EBSVBeachDeco=1
EBStatuesOfHonour=1
EBSVRockQuarry=1
EBMaterialsStore=1
EBTannery=1
EBLeatherWorks=1
EBFarmstand=1
EBFarmHouse=1
EBFarmHouseA=1
EBIrrigationNatural=1
EBIrrigation=1
EBIrrigationDecoAddon=1
EBWinery=1
ColonialHousing=1
KidColonialResource=1
KidBakeryGarden=1
KidGhostTownHouses=1
KidForestPonds=1
KidGHLightHouse=1
KidGhostTown=1
KidGothicFantasy=1
KidGrannyPark=1
KidHouseBoat=1
KidLogDepot=1
KidMedievalGrace=1
KidOldTown=1
KidPlimothHarmonized=1
KidPlimothPlantation=1
KidStorageCrates=1
KidStorageCarts=1
KidTinySeparate=1
KidTwilightHerbs=1
KidVegetableGarden=1
KidWildWest=1
KidWindSawmill=1
KidWoodenFort=1
KidWorkPlace=1
KidYardCover=1
LargePort=1
PlimothPlantation=1
KidRowBusiness=1
KidRowHousing=1
BirchBarkCanoe=1
ProperTime=1
MarketBBQ=1
MarketSoup=1
marketpuzzle=1
WashingMod=1
DecoPlants=1
CityButcher=1
Ketchup=1
ChooChoo=1
warehouse=1
TrainingCampMain=1
TrainingCampDeco=1
library=1
college=1
PlymouthHouse=1
OldHunterHut=1
CityRoads=1
BradsSmokingShed=1
Charburner=1
Hunting=1
FlyFishing=1
Izba=1
nordichouses=0
NordicSchool=1
NordicTannery=1
NordicWarehouse=1
NordicHouse=1
RedCottage=1
TjurkoMill=1
DSStythTower=1
DSBlastFurnaceAdv=1
DSStoneHovels=1
FruitVegBarn=1
DebugMenu=1
SmallTipi=1
NewEngland=1
fountainlite=1
GrassyRoads=1
NewTrees=1
OneStopAllMining=1
MarbleQuarry=1
CCFrontier=1
CCOrchardForesters=1
GrowRoots=1
Stable=1
StatuePlus=1
Terraform=1
zSoapiary=1
StorageShed=1
SJGL_Small_Markets=1
SpecializedStorage=1
XP-Schools=1

brads3

YEAR 2

i think i have a plan. bring the train in south of the lake.it will take a long time to build this village and workers,so this will keep it out of our way or us out of its way. i want to keep this straight shoreline along the lake for now.for a trade good,we will mine minerals.as nomads arrive they can build tight to the mountain and expand south to the river. a trading area can be developed then.once everyone is moved out of the boardinghouse,a 2% welcome sign will bring nomads.we'll take every set for 5 years.if they come too fast or something goes wrong,then i will only take them every 3rd year.this should keep the education above 50% and be a smoothe pace.the bannies do have minds of their own so any plan is subject to  problems.

we will use the CC orchard forests to establish some fruit orchards.these will get us to producing ales faster than waiting for seeds.hunters will be happy to hunt the deer that come to feed on the fruit.we clear some grain fields behind the houses before the forester plants trees in them.they will wait for seeds.during the winter we will build a school.

pic 1 apple forester and gatherer
pic 2 future grain fields
pic 3 WW school

brads3

YEAR 3-4

in year 3,the laborers will restock stone and start to dig and supply 2 mines.a multi mine and a precious mine will be dug.with them marked,the road can be stretched.this way the nomads will know where to build their houses.with only 1 builder and 2 official laborers,everyone is busy.SLINK's industrial market makes a great storage for the minerals.even thou some are set to 1.07 limit flags,this barn works.it also is extra storage space to back up the main workpile since it stores stone and logs.

2 nomads arrive in spring of year 4.our laborers are really thankful for the help.they are tired from all the digging and hauling rocks.at 45 and 33,these are the oldest citizens.they built a hotel.they had planned to live in it and rent rooms, but that didn't work out. we now have 2 boardinghouses. 

the builder gets the multi mine finished.he has done a lot of road work.verdant roads were used for yards near the apple orchard.these will stop the forester from planting the trees too thick.

pic 1:nomad couple
pic 2 :hotel
pic 3:multi mine

brads3

YEAR 5-6

we send another fisherman out to bring in more meat.we also build a land claims office,another house from the wildwest mod.10 nomads arrive,way more than 2% .population is 30. the welcome sign shows no conflicts and it is the 2nd mod down in the order.i reloaded the save  and 8 show  up.

since the mod is white, i wonder if the code lines for number of nomads is wrote into the main registry.if those lines are added under the start settings.those lines wouldn't be affected by moving and enabling  mods or using the mod manager. or is it that the population is so low ,the mod doesn't calculate correctly.maybe at 100 bannies it would drop down and give only 2 nomads.or am i just cursed?  as it is, i'll switch to taking nomads every 3rd year.this will give time to recover supplies.

before we build houses, i want to finish the mine and industrial storage.with it finished, we can store more minerals and raise the limit.to insure we have enough food,1 of the grain fields will be planted with strawberries.the nomads send a quickhunter out help bring in more food. 

once the workplace houses are built,3 bannies will work the multi mine.a bridge to the south is finished.soon we can begin to work on trading.we have plenty of fruit but no grain.the quick hunter helps out whenever herds waunder by.this area seems to be mostly poultry.ducks and geese are always around with the lake.we have not seen any large deer,elk,or bison herds.

pic 1: land office
pic 2: nomad group 2
pic 3: industrial market storage
pic 4 miner houses

brads3

YEAR 7-8

to work ahead of the next nomad group,a colinal general TP is built. a small storage shed is added to unload the boats.a fishing pier will work beside it. workers stockpile materials for future buildings.

the nomad group in year 8 is smaller.only 4 arrive with our population at 42,a couple with 2 children.as soon as their house is built they can both go to work 1 will fish while the other stocks the TP.iron and copper ores,flowers,coal,and furs will give  a variety for the merchants.a lighthouse was built just in time to attract the 1st merchant.he delivers 150 onions.

a larger fishing dock now works the lake near the start village.

pic 1:colonial TP
pic 2:OT lighthouse
pic 3: river pier
pic 4: main fish pier

brads3

YEAR 9

a 15x15 holding pen needs to be near the trade post. a grazing pasture works to keep any acquired livestock fed while larger pastures are fenced.the merchants like to stay during storms.any animals travelig on their boats need water and a place to roam also.

a young nomad couple arrive.this is where the nomad % mods make me scratch my head.there is a yoyo or inconsistancy to it.this couple has a plan to grow flax and produce clothing.since we are short on leather,we will allow them to try their experimments.
        there is 2 types of flax. some is processed when harvested and can be made into clothing.some needs to be processed into linen before making clothing.the flax from the garden can be made into linen clothes at the workplace tailor.i wasn't sure this plan would work without the extra step.good job,KID. this is helpful.not only will we have clothing but there should be enough to trade some.a nice backup to our hunting.

pic 1 holding pen
pic 2: flax garden
pic 3: workplace tailor

brads3

year 10 review

POPULATION 54,23 new children and 6 students.44% educated in 11 houses.our health is suffering from lack of grain and meat shortages.we have stockpiled strawberries and the apple orchard has matured enough to produce 500 apples.fishing has improved.    a mine supplies the trade post.workers continue to help haul more copper and iron ores.

pic 1:yr 10 stats
pic 2:production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4:citizen graph