News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Yard Cover V1.4

Started by kid1293, April 17, 2017, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i like these. they are a tad too low. the bannies keep hitting their heads on the cross brace.it is like the posts sink into the ground to far.

kid1293

Quote from: brads3 on April 18, 2017, 01:08:51 PM
i like these. they are a tad too low. the bannies keep hitting their heads on the cross brace.it is like the posts sink into the ground to far.

Will check the height when I update.

kralyerg

These look way better than the old coverings I made.  Mine are kind of ugly (because I get frustrated and annoyed at the modeling).   :D

QueryEverything

My little starter area, I removed the large stockpile as soon as I could and added in the market.

I love the coverings, and the log building :)

The covering has a different brick to the row houses manufacturing building, but it doesn't look out of place. (but, as a little note, the odd roadtile does, the blacksmith has 2 but the tailor only 1, which is decoratively speaking, frustrating!!!)  :)
*cough*hint*cough*
IWouldn'tEverSuggestThatForAddonStorageThatYouTryAndCraminAllYourExistingTexturesToMakeThemAllFitInThemes*cough&splutter*

Really loving these little addons :D  Thank you!!

I really like yours @kralyerg I really like that they are custom width & length, they most definitely have their place!! :D

And you can tell I'm not too much of a city builder, lol.  I'm not Paeng or the other talented screenshot artists :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

ancientmuse

I always wondered why the vanilla game had the stock piles wide open and exposed to the environment, it never made any sense to me.... wet wood is useless !

Necora's pine set stockpile building was a great solution to those ugly looking stock piles, I use them in every town now. 

And now we have these great looking covers as an option too !

Yay !

*happy dance*

;D

Is it too soon to ask for a Christmas wish ?

I'd love to see simple ghosted covers like these ranging in all kinds of different sizes to use over lots of other things.... a little 1x1 cover could be used over your tiny workplace blacksmith, beekeeper, dairy maker, storage crates, tiny chopper, etc etc.

Covers everywhere !

*snicker snicker*

QueryEverything

Quote from: ancientmuse on April 18, 2017, 06:21:16 PM
----

I'd love to see simple ghosted covers like these ranging in all kinds of different sizes to use over lots of other things.... a little 1x1 cover could be used over your tiny workplace blacksmith, beekeeper, dairy maker, storage crates, tiny chopper, etc etc.

Covers everywhere !

*snicker snicker*

Ooooooooooo with a variant for holiday baubles!  little candles and sparkly things :D  Fairy Garden lights (damn you game engine for making lighting so damned hard!!)  ... 

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

ancientmuse

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 18, 2017, 06:30:27 PM

Ooooooooooo with a variant for holiday baubles!  little candles and sparkly things :D  Fairy Garden lights (damn you game engine for making lighting so damned hard!!)  ... 

LOL @ fairy garden lights

Wouldn't it be awesome to have lighting that actually lights up the surrounding area.... sooooo pretty !

Shiny sparklies everywhere...

Oh how I wish I were a game developer genius.... I'd have a blast coming up with all sorts of fun modding ideas for Banished.

;D

brads3

now you 2 want us to invent electricity too??? KID i am sorry for getting you in this mess,<<bangs head on wall. i do think they lost their minds,this time for sure.

ancientmuse

Quote from: brads3 on April 18, 2017, 07:08:15 PM
now you 2 want us to invent electricity too??? KID i am sorry for getting you in this mess,<<bangs head on wall. i do think they lost their minds,this time for sure.

No no, silly goose...

Fire ! 

Fire candles, fire fairy lights, fire sparklies.... fire !

Must. Have. Fire. That. Lights. Up. All. Pretty-like.

(hey, if you're going to dream, might as well dream big)

Hehehe

kid1293

Quote from: ancientmuse on April 18, 2017, 06:21:16 PM

Covers everywhere !

I love the idea of covers for my workplaces. Since there are many different
things in that mod I can just as well add some covers.
(Let's talk about roof textures later)  ;)

Other than that - I guess I agree with @brads3 - fairy lights ?  ::) 

edit - thinking about more covers in this mod too.  3x3?

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 18, 2017, 06:12:47 PM
the blacksmith has 2 but the tailor only 1, which is decoratively speaking, frustrating!!!  :)
*cough*hint*cough*

tailor will update. noted

kid1293

I am not sure if it is OK. It fits, but it is very ... scrawny?

Well, it is a cover for my workplaces (actually 3 roof textures with f-key)
and it will be in next update.

Next picture - it fits almost everything. :)

Maldrick

Added these to my current game. Can confirm, no problems with 106 so far.

And, they are freaking awesome.  Thank you, kid1293.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Abandoned

@kid1293 these coverings turned out really nice, the little ones for workplace are great, a nice addition  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 18, 2017, 02:15:51 AM
Easter is over, but enjoy your new roof! :)

It's in download now.

@QueryEverything , you and @Abandoned have earned the rank of 'advisors' :) for all those ideas and improvements. That means I will consult you in the future when making an upgrade (so everything is OK from the beginning).

...yeah, yeah, you too @brads3 ...  ;)
I am enjoying my new roofs thank you @kid1293 :D  Woot, have to ask the forum Moderator if they can change our forum title too :D :D ;)  Not sure if @RedKetchup or @The Big Chihuahua can do so, or if the titles are only based on the post count.  ;)  Maybe a new user group.
(I'm only half serious ...  hehehe)

----------  ----------

Quote from: kid1293 on April 19, 2017, 12:22:15 AM
Other than that - I guess I agree with @brads3 - fairy lights ?  ::) 

edit - thinking about more covers in this mod too.  3x3?

Now now, don't be too hasty in agreeing with @brads3 , @ancientmuse and I are on to something, especially since candles could work just as well, or coal lanterns :D :D ;)

----------  ----------
Quote from: kid1293 on April 19, 2017, 12:50:19 PM
I am not sure if it is OK. It fits, but it is very ... scrawny?

Well, it is a cover for my workplaces (actually 3 roof textures with f-key) and it will be in next update.

Next picture - it fits almost everything. :)

I really like those 1x1 ones :)  What about a 1 x 3 as well, to run down the side of the house (which is x3), and for those that have them running at 90o from the side, a 1x4, or at the very least a 1x3+1x1 next to it, so, if possible could the covers please be seamless for joining?

What about a "Kid's Storage for All" mod, where the covers, the log storage could also be included, as well as the deco barrels, and the ghosted storage barrels.    And then the log storage could also come in the same F-texture options as these ones too ...  (Ok, maybe not, lol, but I had to sneak that in and ask, hehehe).

I was thinking (and not to change your idea, this is an outloud thought), what about a outdoors covering, like above, but the roof of it has the same incline as the roof from the workplace houses, that way they would look like they were an awning, made for the house.  Although, then for other uses, it may not work as well, but it was just an idea, little mini awnings :D 

Ok, I haven't had caffeine so I need to step away from the keyboard, now I'm going around in circles, and inadvertently asking for things, that I probably shouldn't.  :D

{edit}  original:  1x3+1x4; what I meant: 1x3+1x1  = for a 1 x 4 length to cover 4 of the workstations at a time.