News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Hougomont - Adam and Eve

Started by irrelevant, June 27, 2015, 08:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This is a very interesting and challenging scenario, so I'm going to blog it.

The goal with this town is to reach pop 100 as quickly as possible using the Adam and Eve starting conditions. A guy and a gal, 300 potatoes, 20 firewood, five tools, and five coats.

First build is a house, ASAP; gotta get that fast baby. It's a boy. He shall be educated, and hope that a girl will be born second, remain uneducated, and these two shall begin the next generation.

Next, a smith, a chopper, and a gatherer. It doesn't really matter in what order as you must build them all before you start working them. You need two builders until you get these crucial buildings completed.

Good start; a baby, some tools, some firewood, some food.

irrelevant

Year 2 - pop 4

The second child was a girl, perfect.

Gambled on a hunter, and it paid off. I alternate between hunter and gatherer, mostly gatherer. I switch the gatherer over to hunting only when there are two herds in the circle, that's a couple of months a year.

irrelevant

Year 3

Built a @RedKetchup school, it doesn't really fit in but I'm thinking of the future main street with three story buildings.

Committed to a single worker until the boy is educated.

Got the forester built. But still concentrating on food, with a few whacks at firewood in the fall.

irrelevant

Year 4 - pop 5

Jevonte is ready to graduate. A third child arrives, a girl. She may or may not be educated, it depends on whether Jevonte and his sister will produce a boy or a girl. :o

irrelevant

Year 5

Jevonte and his sister Rihannan get a Medieval Hunter Residence. I love those, I use them a lot.

Adys is freed up from being a teacher for a good bit, until Dionne turns 10.

Bagged another deer; next structure, a tailor.

irrelevant

Year 6

Concentrating on food and firewood before school starts back up.

Got the tailor built. Twelve coats coming right up.

irrelevant

irrelevant

Nilla

It looks very much like my start. Is the second girl educated? I think she is, as well as the second. Mine were both, fit perfect in the time their brothers/nephews became old enough. I see one big exception. I play the CC-mod. There you have more supply from the start. I didn't know that. The starting food is also apples! ;) By the way; I finished it in the year 28, see that other thread.

irrelevant

@Nilla, apples! That's funny.

Yes, only the first girl is uneducated. When the second one was turning 10, there were no boys for her, so off to school she went.

irrelevant

Hm, I could get one more big pop boost by closing down the school right now. ???

I didn't do it. Had there been just the two ten y/o I would have, but three uneducated would be too many.

irrelevant

Late Winter 10 - pop 15

Eve passes on just as Family #5 is formed  :(

Year 11 - pop 17

TP is up, things are starting to hum.

Everyone shuffled jobs right after this. My single uneducated villager became the teacher; perfect! The one place where she can't do any damage  ;D ;)

irrelevant

Winter 22 - pop 56

No big plans, just making families.

Nilla

I see you posted this picture at the same time (winter 22) as I posted my last one. Coincidence? You have 3 people more than I had to that time, so it looks good for you. :)

RedKetchup

like @irrelevant  said : he doesnt work ^^ he just make babies ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .